Spud2nique

Consensus #8 pick

Consensus #8 pick  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. Anthony 🐜 Edwards

2. James Wiseman

3. Onyeka Okongwu 

4. LaMelo Ball

5. Obi Toppin

6. Isaac Okoro

7. Tyrese Haliburton 

8. TBD

I keep voting for Deni. I keep thinking he's got some Kukoc in him and wouldn't mind that being added to our mix. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hayes is going WAY before 8th. If Hawks pick 8th and he’s still there, it’s a no brainer. I think he goes top 5 easily. 

I like Hayes but I'm going with RJ Hampton till he's off. I'd say Deni if we didn't have Cam but I like Cam as our wing play maker. 

Looking all these players ... there is really no one I am excited about coming to the Hawks

12 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Looking all these players ... there is really no one I am excited about coming to the Hawks

Were you excited last year or the year before about anyone?

2 hours ago, warcore said:

I like Hayes but I'm going with RJ Hampton till he's off. I'd say Deni if we didn't have Cam but I like Cam as our wing play maker. 

I think people are sleeping on Hampton..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrell said:

I think people are sleeping on Hampton..

Really? I think he’s overrated. There are about 10-12 guys I’d rather have over Hampton at his general draft slot in a lot of mocks. He looks like a Dante Exum type player but at SG instead of PG. I would definitely leave him for a another team if I’m Schlenk.

• Like 2

Accepting the fact that no one drafted is a starter for us next season unless there is a trade involved the draft is still interesting because we do need to clarify the backup PG, SF and PF positions. A SG pick would change the need for backup SF but other than that our needs seem fairly apparent position wise. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Were you excited last year or the year before about anyone?

A number of players ... this year its a crap shoot of who might be a contributor ... hopefully we can get someone who will contribute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Voting is neck and neck so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Deni should take this one handedly 

6'9

Elite passer for position 

Can defend multiple positions 

Can dribble and score

A career decent 3pt shooter even if he's bad at FTs. 

He's NBA ready as well. 

Has a chance to be like Danilo Gallinari. That's well worth the best choice around this range in most NBA drafts. 

Y’all sleeping in Vassell. Supes I know longer feel Vassell needs to go to a winning type of team. 

This kid is a Schlenk type of player I’m telling ya. He’s moving on up the top 6 prospect list for me.

He’s got big time NBA game. The Danny Green comparisons are lazy.

Edited by Spud2nique

Since we have months, you should restart this with an "choose as many as you'd like" series of polls.  Include the 7 already picked plus the top 5 or so from this one.

Who are you comfortable taking at #1?

Who are you comfortable taking at #2?

And so on...

30 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Since we have months, you should restart this with an "choose as many as you'd like" series of polls.  Include the 7 already picked plus the top 5 or so from this one.

Who are you comfortable taking at #1?

Who are you comfortable taking at #2?

And so on...

Do ur own.

• Haha 2

MARK MY WORDS!!  Killian Hayes will not slip past 6th at the very latest!  This Hampton talk is not aligning with anything other than fringe projections.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Really? I think he’s overrated. There are about 10-12 guys I’d rather have over Hampton at his general draft slot in a lot of mocks. He looks like a Dante Exum type player but at SG instead of PG. I would definitely leave him for a another team if I’m Schlenk.

My bad I wasnt talking about for the Hawks. Just in general. lol. I think he'll be worth a lottery pick.  Ive seen him as low as the 20's on some mocks..Exum doesnt have the same burst as Hampton imo. Hes a good finisher around the rim too...Btw, he can play sg and pg...... 

• Like 4