• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Consensus #13 pick

Spud2nique

Consensus #13 pick  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Hawks get the 13th pick, who ya got?

• Cole Anthony
    • RJ Hampton
    • Tyrese Maxey
    • Siddiq Bey
    • Patrick Williams
    • Jahmi’us Ramsey
    • Kira Lewis
    • Josh Green
    • Theo Maledon
    • Nico Mannion

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/2020 at 09:00 PM

1. Anthony 🐜 Edwards

2. James Wiseman

3. Onyeka Okongwu 

4. LaMelo Ball

5. Obi Toppin

6. Isaac Okoro

7. Tyrese Haliburton 

8. Killian Hayes

9. Deni Avdija 

10. Devin Vassell

11. Aaron Nesmith

12. Aleksej Pokusevski 

13. TBD  (0.0% chance Hawks land here but we may trade down)

Alright ladies and gentleman, the first 12 were easy. Well not easy but I feel like it’s a 10-12-14 deep draft but this is where I believe we look back and see which squawkers start scouting like a boss and pick the gems 💎 of the draft. Basically what I’m saying is...

WHOSE GONNA NAIL THE NEXT GIANNIS/KAWHI AMONG USSSSS!!!!

I like Siddiq here.

ps If I’m wrong I’ve been hacked by the accountant, @kg01’s neighbor!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Alright ladies and gentleman, the first 12 were easy. Well not easy but I feel like it’s a 10-12-14 deep draft but this is where I believe we look back and see which squawkers start scouting like a boss and pick the gems 💎 of the draft. Basically what I’m saying is...

WHOSE GONNA NAIL THE NEXT GIANNIS/KAWHI AMONG USSSSS!!!!

I like Siddiq here.

ps If I’m wrong I’ve been hacked by the accountant, @kg01’s neighbor!

I am still going Anthony until he is off the board but you blame me some for influencing you a little about Bey. I think he is a sleeper. If he was more athletic, he'd go in the top 10.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

you blame me some for influencing you a little about Bey.

Wait you influenced me about Bey? I’m not saying it didn’t happen but when 😂.  I think you’ve influenced me a bit on Haliburton for sure. Nobody can really influence me on Killian Hayes. I may be dead wrong but something is off about him to me. 

I think Siddiq is an enforcer like a Draymond on at a SF position and he’d flourish off our bench. I can’t buy into Greg Anthony’s rugrat either. Then again I hated Coby White coming in last year but he proved to have some pretty good games so you never know. 

I think I’m going Siddiq until he’s off the board. And if you influenced me, thanks! 😃 

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait you influenced me about Bey? I’m not saying it didn’t happen but when 😂.  I think you’ve influenced me a bit on Haliburton for sure. Nobody can really influence me on Killian Hayes. I may be dead wrong but something is off about him to me. 

I think Siddiq is an enforcer like a Draymond on at a SF position and he’d flourish off our bench. I can’t buy into Greg Anthony’s rugrat either. Then again I hated Coby White coming in last year but he proved to have some pretty good games so you never know. 

I think I’m going Siddiq until he’s off the board. And if you influenced me, thanks! 😃 

Maybe I didn't but I have been high on Bey since February:

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431841-hiding-trae-defensively-is-priority-going-forward/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-1010847

On 2/12/2020 at 8:55 AM, Buzzard said:

There is three that I like and all three hit their free throws well.

Tyrese Haliburton 3PT% 41.9, FT% 82.2

Nico Mannion: 3PT% 33.9, FT% 81.3

Saddiq Bey: 3PT% 47.5, FT% 79.7

Its not a deep group of shooters but Mannion and Bey remind me of players Riley drafts late lottery and they immediately contribute.

On 2/14/2020 at 11:19 AM, Buzzard said:

Real small forwards are weak in this draft which may have been Schlenk playing chess again when he moved up last season to get Hunter. Some people like Okoro out of Auburn as a tweener forward but I am liking Bey out of Villanova more every week. If we were to trade down and take Bey, you would not hear me complain.

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@AHF ur thoughts on the Kentucky Wildcat Tyrese Maxey? Kg the GT fan seems to like him. He’s got range. Here at :52 is Trae range.

He has real potential to step up from what he showed in college, most notably with his jumper that UK fans spent the year waiting to come around but never did.  If he shoots like he was projected to shoot coming out of HS, he will be a significantly better player.  He is a scorer first and foremost so improving that efficiency is critical for his future.  He is a SG in a PG body which limits his upside somewhat.  Defensively, he is quick and could be a solid defender in the right matchups but isn't an impact guy on D or much of a rebounder.  With his size limitation (both weight and height), he will struggle if asked to guard larger 2's.  

If we ended up trading down and taking him, I'd be worried to see what he and Trae would be like in the backcourt together.  Conversely, he might fit pretty well with Cam with the two of them sharing playmaking responsibilities.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Maybe I didn't but I have been high on Bey since February:

Nice. Ya there is something about the dude that makes me feel like he can overcome some of his shortcomings and has an ideal NBA game with his physicality. He really really reminds me of a SF type Draymond that will fall a bit in the draft but shouldn’t when people look back at this draft in 5 years.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya you and cap 🧢. Small backcourts. Thanks. 

Same concern with Anthony.  Big warts along with some very interesting tools with both of them.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, AHF said:

Same concern with Anthony.  Big warts along with some very interesting tools with both of them.

I wish it was a while back when they went head to head in individual workouts. This would be a good one I think.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I wish it was a while back when they went head to head in individual workouts. This would be a good one I think.

Eggsactly!  A couple more 1v1's I wanna see:

Vassell v Okoro

Donkey Okongwu v Wiseman

Hali v Hayes

• Like 2

Cole Anthony and Tyrese Maxey may not be going one on one in real life but they are toe to toe here for #13! 🥳 GET IT GUYS!!!!!!!!! FIGHT, SCRAP, CLAW FOR EVERY LOOSE BALL TILL THAT HORN SOUNDS!!!   AH LETS GO!

• Haha 2

If Atlanta is picking here, that means they have pulled some kind of deal before time for this pick.  I wonder what we've done!  Did we swap positions with someone?  If so, what did we get?

:play_truck:

• Haha 2