Spud2nique

Consensus #13 pick

Consensus #13 pick  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

1. Anthony 🐜 Edwards

2. James Wiseman

3. Onyeka Okongwu 

4. LaMelo Ball

5. Obi Toppin

6. Isaac Okoro

7. Tyrese Haliburton 

8. Killian Hayes

9. Deni Avdija 

10. Devin Vassell

11. Aaron Nesmith

12. Aleksej Pokusevski 

13. TBD  (0.0% chance Hawks land here but we may trade down)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright ladies and gentleman, the first 12 were easy. Well not easy but I feel like it’s a 10-12-14 deep draft but this is where I believe we look back and see which squawkers start scouting like a boss and pick the gems 💎 of the draft. Basically what I’m saying is...

 

WHOSE GONNA NAIL THE NEXT GIANNIS/KAWHI AMONG USSSSS!!!!

 

I like Siddiq here.

 

ps If I’m wrong I’ve been hacked by the accountant, @kg01’s neighbor!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes this draft is sketchy outside the top5 or so.  Shiiiiiiiii the top 5 are sketchy.

Rooting 4 trade, bros.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Alright ladies and gentleman, the first 12 were easy. Well not easy but I feel like it’s a 10-12-14 deep draft but this is where I believe we look back and see which squawkers start scouting like a boss and pick the gems 💎 of the draft. Basically what I’m saying is...

 

WHOSE GONNA NAIL THE NEXT GIANNIS/KAWHI AMONG USSSSS!!!!

 

I like Siddiq here.

 

ps If I’m wrong I’ve been hacked by the accountant, @kg01’s neighbor!

I am still going Anthony until he is off the board but you blame me some for influencing you a little about Bey. I think he is a sleeper. If he was more athletic, he'd go in the top 10.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

you blame me some for influencing you a little about Bey.

Wait you influenced me about Bey? I’m not saying it didn’t happen but when 😂.  I think you’ve influenced me a bit on Haliburton for sure. Nobody can really influence me on Killian Hayes. I may be dead wrong but something is off about him to me. 
 

I think Siddiq is an enforcer like a Draymond on at a SF position and he’d flourish off our bench. I can’t buy into Greg Anthony’s rugrat either. Then again I hated Coby White coming in last year but he proved to have some pretty good games so you never know. 
 

I think I’m going Siddiq until he’s off the board. And if you influenced me, thanks! 😃 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

T. Rade'up

Wait up? Or down? Or out? 🤷‍♀️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AHF ur thoughts on the Kentucky Wildcat Tyrese Maxey? Kg the GT fan seems to like him. He’s got range. Here at :52 is Trae range.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait you influenced me about Bey? I’m not saying it didn’t happen but when 😂.  I think you’ve influenced me a bit on Haliburton for sure. Nobody can really influence me on Killian Hayes. I may be dead wrong but something is off about him to me. 
 

I think Siddiq is an enforcer like a Draymond on at a SF position and he’d flourish off our bench. I can’t buy into Greg Anthony’s rugrat either. Then again I hated Coby White coming in last year but he proved to have some pretty good games so you never know. 
 

I think I’m going Siddiq until he’s off the board. And if you influenced me, thanks! 😃 

Maybe I didn't but I have been high on Bey since February:

Quote

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431841-hiding-trae-defensively-is-priority-going-forward/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-1010847

    On 2/12/2020 at 8:55 AM, Buzzard said:

    There is three that I like and all three hit their free throws well.

    Tyrese Haliburton 3PT% 41.9, FT% 82.2

    Nico Mannion: 3PT% 33.9, FT% 81.3

    Saddiq Bey: 3PT% 47.5, FT% 79.7

    Its not a deep group of shooters but Mannion and Bey remind me of players Riley drafts late lottery and they immediately contribute.

 

    On 2/14/2020 at 11:19 AM, Buzzard said:

    Real small forwards are weak in this draft which may have been Schlenk playing chess again when he moved up last season to get Hunter. Some people like Okoro out of Auburn as a tweener forward but I am liking Bey out of Villanova more every week. If we were to trade down and take Bey, you would not hear me complain.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@AHF ur thoughts on the Kentucky Wildcat Tyrese Maxey? Kg the GT fan seems to like him. He’s got range. Here at :52 is Trae range.

 

He has real potential to step up from what he showed in college, most notably with his jumper that UK fans spent the year waiting to come around but never did.  If he shoots like he was projected to shoot coming out of HS, he will be a significantly better player.  He is a scorer first and foremost so improving that efficiency is critical for his future.  He is a SG in a PG body which limits his upside somewhat.  Defensively, he is quick and could be a solid defender in the right matchups but isn't an impact guy on D or much of a rebounder.  With his size limitation (both weight and height), he will struggle if asked to guard larger 2's.  

If we ended up trading down and taking him, I'd be worried to see what he and Trae would be like in the backcourt together.  Conversely, he might fit pretty well with Cam with the two of them sharing playmaking responsibilities.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anthony or Maxey. Flip a coin. I like Anthony's skills so him I guess

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AHF said:

If we ended up trading down and taking him, I'd be worried to see what he and Trae would be like in the backcourt together.

Ya you and cap 🧢. Small backcourts. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Maybe I didn't but I have been high on Bey since February:

 

Nice. Ya there is something about the dude that makes me feel like he can overcome some of his shortcomings and has an ideal NBA game with his physicality. He really really reminds me of a SF type Draymond that will fall a bit in the draft but shouldn’t when people look back at this draft in 5 years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya you and cap 🧢. Small backcourts. Thanks. 

Same concern with Anthony.  Big warts along with some very interesting tools with both of them.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, AHF said:

Same concern with Anthony.  Big warts along with some very interesting tools with both of them.

I wish it was a while back when they went head to head in individual workouts. This would be a good one I think.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I wish it was a while back when they went head to head in individual workouts. This would be a good one I think.

Eggsactly!  A couple more 1v1's I wanna see:

Vassell v Okoro

Donkey Okongwu v Wiseman

Hali v Hayes

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Donkey Okongwu

Vs Toppin for me to shut someone up.

 

 😬  I kid I kid

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cole Anthony and Tyrese Maxey may not be going one on one in real life but they are toe to toe here for #13! 🥳 GET IT GUYS!!!!!!!!! FIGHT, SCRAP, CLAW FOR EVERY LOOSE BALL TILL THAT HORN SOUNDS!!!   AH LETS GO!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Atlanta is picking here, that means they have pulled some kind of deal before time for this pick.  I wonder what we've done!  Did we swap positions with someone?  If so, what did we get?

:play_truck:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.