• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New and certainly unverified rumor....

Gray Mule

Just to blow your mind, here is a new rumor that has NO words or posts to back it up.  Like all good or bad rumors this one needs all your help to move it along.

Next season will be somewhat short due to all the things that are happening now.  For the coming season to be having only the best it can be, with real competition for all NBA teams, only the teams that are being allowed to finish the 2019-20 season will make up the new NBA.  All the other teams will be forced to join the G League.  Since they are then a minor league, they may freeze 2 players.  All their other players may be claimed by the new NBA top teams, which makes up the league.

:hi:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Just to blow your mind, here is a new rumor that has NO words or posts to back it up.  Like all good or bad rumors this one needs all your help to move it along.

Next season will be somewhat short due to all the things that are happening now.  For the coming season to be having only the best it can be, with real competition for all NBA teams, only the teams that are being allowed to finish the 2019-20 season will make up the new NBA.  All the other teams will be forced to join the G League.  Since they are then a minor league, they may freeze 2 players.  All their other players may be claimed by the new NBA top teams, which makes up the league.

Um no. Contraction of the league would not happen unless it was agreed upon, which would only happen if the league was on the brink of insolvency. This rumor gets 5 pinocchios.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

:read:.....that's funny GM. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

GM this gave me an idea 💡! Just for fun, we should have a poll on ranking worst to first teams in the NBA based on popularity and the way we view them as Hawks fans.

Celts would finish 30th I would be almost certain of that. 

For me personally as everybody knows, Warriors 29th....

Hawks 1st

I’d be cool with 8 team in the league, take it back to the early 80’s baby! Well there was more than 8. Too many teams and you lose authenticity.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

GM this gave me an idea 💡! Just for fun, we should have a poll on ranking worst to first teams in the NBA based on popularity and the way we view them as Hawks fans.

Celts would finish 30th I would be almost certain of that. 

For me personally as everybody knows, Warriors 29th....

Hawks 1st

I’d be cool with 8 team in the league, take it back to the early 80’s baby! Well there was more than 8. Too many teams and you lose authenticity.

Celtics for sure 30th.  Knicks 29th.  I hope they suck forever.  Right now they are at almost forever. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Knicks 29th

At times I want to feel a bit sorry for them but never do for several reasons.

1. Dolan

2. They are in the East (so are the Hawks) 

3. Too much unwarranted spotlight for being “the Mecca”

4. I felt a bit of sympathy for the Warriors in 2007 after hating them for 20 years and they pull a WE BELIEVE season followed up by the three titles. 😩 

Ya, I’m ok with them sucking for the next 50 years.

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

1. Dolan

4. I felt a bit of sympathy for the Warriors in 2007 after hating them for 20 years and they pull a WE BELIEVE season followed up by the three titles. 😩 

Their fans are just unbearable.  Even with one of the worst teams in the league they are still unbearable. 

• Haha 1

I am so disappointed!

The entire idea of a wild, unbelievable rumor is to embellish it - Make it grow bigger and bigger.  The rumor must start with a bit of true facts and grow from there.  Knowing that certain teams were not invited to the finals of this season and the playoffs, this gave us a great starting point.

Come on.  I'm sure some of you have some bright, far out ideas......

:search:

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

1. Dolan

Y'know...  It's interesting you bring this up.  I hate to say it, and I don't know why I feel this way, but I really hate that NY doesn't have a good team.  Maybe it's the 30-year basketball fan in me or growing up watching Ewing's Knicks battle league's elite... Dunno, but it doesn't feel right not having a contender in NY.  I certainly don't feel for the fans or the city, who believe that NY is the mecca of everything, but it feels like a part of the league is missing.  At a minimum, it gives us another target to hate.  Similarly, as much as I hate that team, if it were Boston instead of NY I'd still want to see a good team there - if for nothing more than to beat them at their best.  Unlike the NY situation though, I can't say that I wouldn't enjoy their extended mediocrity with a sense of satisfaction.

Ultimately, I guess that's it - I don't dislike the Knicks franchise as much as I do a team like Boston......or LeBron.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Ultimately, I guess that's it - I don't dislike the Knicks franchise as much as I do a team like Boston......or LeBron.

@Wretch how u been my man? Miss u around these parts.  I can’t agree more. Knicks>Schmelts all day for me as well. 

Ya, there are times when I think back to the Nique/Willis vs Oak/Ewing days and just miss mixing it up with them a lot more than the Celts. We had decent success against a pretty good Knicks team back in the day.

Ok it’s settled,

Bring back the Knicks and send Boston packing. 🤝 

Edited by Spud2nique

• Moderators

I don't know guys.  You hear announcers saying things like 'the NBA is better when the Knicks are good'.  What kind of bs is that.   I understand logically what they are saying but it's the perpetuation of that type of idea that keeps Boston, Lakers, Knicks as free agent destinations despite them being crappy.   And it's bad for the rest of the teams.   I know there are other reasons that players want to be in LA and NY but continuing to hold them as NBA royalty only gives them more of an advantage.   Screw 'em i say.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2020 at 11:18 AM, Gray Mule said:

I am so disappointed!

The entire idea of a wild, unbelievable rumor is to embellish it - Make it grow bigger and bigger.  The rumor must start with a bit of true facts and grow from there.  Knowing that certain teams were not invited to the finals of this season and the playoffs, this gave us a great starting point.

Come on.  I'm sure some of you have some bright, far out ideas......

:search:

Yeah, they've lost their sense of humor.

I'll play though.

NBA 2nd Division

Let's change the stakes of the NBA to be in line to what they do in the English Premier League.  If you suck, for whatever reason, you get kicked out of the NBA the following season.

Keep those current 22 teams in the NBA for next season, and relegate the 8 non-playoff qualifiers to the NBA 2nd Division.  And let's add 2 expansion teams:

• Seattle . . of course
  • Kansas City  . . . . move Memphis to the East, where they belong

NBA 2nd Division teams play ( 1 ) game vs the NBA 1st Division teams ( 22 games ) + ( 36 games vs the other 9 NBA 2nd Division teams ).  That means they only play 58 games in the 2nd division, instead of 82 games.  Because of that, they only get paid for playing 58 games, which is 70.7% of their salary.  The 2nd Division teams also only receives 70% of NBA revenue.

At the end of the season, ALL ( 10 ) 2nd division teams and the 6 non-playoff teams are put in a 16 team, single elimination tournament to play for their NBA lives AND for the #1 pick in the NBA draft. 

Current 1st Division NBA non-playoff teams get the top ( 6 ) seeds, regardless of record, and a home game.  The top ( 2 ) 2nd Division teams gets seeds 7 and 8.

If you lose in the 1st round, that's your ass, and you automatically are placed in the 2nd Division.  So don't have a bad game.

If you lose in the Quarterfinals, you are placed in a 4 team round robin scenario in which the top 2 teams get to be in the 1st Division of the NBA, and the bottom 2 teams drop down to the 2nd Division.

• Thanks 3

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'll play though.

NBA 2nd Division

Let's change the stakes of the NBA to be in line to what they do in the English Premier League.  If you suck, for whatever reason, you get kicked out of the NBA the following season.

Keep those current 22 teams in the NBA for next season, and relegate the 8 non-playoff qualifiers to the NBA 2nd Division.  And let's add 2 expansion teams:

• Seattle . . of course

NBA 2nd Division teams play ( 1 ) game vs the NBA 1st Division teams ( 22 games ) + ( 36 games vs the other 9 NBA 2nd Division teams ).  That means they only play 58 games in the 2nd division, instead of 82 games.  Because of that, they only get paid for playing 58 games, which is 70.7% of their salary.  The 2nd Division teams also only receives 70% of NBA revenue.

At the end of the season, ALL ( 10 ) 2nd division teams and the 6 non-playoff teams are put in a 16 team, single elimination tournament to play for their NBA lives AND for the #1 pick in the NBA draft. 

Current 1st Division NBA non-playoff teams get the top ( 6 ) seeds, regardless of record, and a home game.  The top ( 2 ) 2nd Division teams gets seeds 7 and 8.

If you lose in the 1st round, that's your ass, and you automatically are placed in the 2nd Division.  So don't have a bad game.

If you lose in the Quarterfinals, you are placed in a 4 team round robin scenario in which the top 2 teams get to be in the 1st Division of the NBA, and the bottom 2 teams drop down to the 2nd Division.

So how would the Tournament look?

We know who the 8 teams that are left out  + 2 expansion teams ( ranked according to record )

• Phoenix
  • Chicago
  • New York
  • Detroit
  • Atlanta
  • Minnesota
  • Cleveland
  • Golden St
  • Seattle ( expansion )
  • Kansas City ( expansion )

And right now, these are the non-NBA playoff teams that would be in the 1st division ( ranked according to record ).  These teams are your top 6 seeds

• Portland
  • New Orleans
  • Sacramento
  • San Antonio
  • Washington
  • Charlotte

1st round matchup . .  let's say BOLD wins

(1) Portland vs (16) Kansas City

(8) Chicago vs (9) New York

(5) Washington vs (12) Minnesota

(4) San Antonio vs (13) Cleveland

(3) Sacramento vs (14) Golden St

(6) Charlotte vs (11) Atlanta . . . lol . . of course

(7) Phoenix vs (10) Detroit 

(2) New Orleans vs (15 ) Seattle

2nd Round

(1) Portland vs (9) New York

(4) San Antonio vs (12) Minnesota

(11) Atlanta vs (14) Golden St

(2) New Orleans vs (7) Phoenix

2nd round winners will be automatically in the NBA 1st Division, and will continue to play to see who gets the #1 pick.   

The 2nd round losers play a round robin until a team gets 2 losses.  The 2 teams who haven't lost 2 games, will go to the 1st division.

The potential loss of revenue and salary, essentially kills tanking, with survival being even more important for some teams, than winning a championship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'll play though.

NBA 2nd Division

• Seattle . . of course

Man this is so good...neither side would go for it though.  The only thing I'd do differently is maybe find a way to adjust lottery position rather than assign it flat out by the tourney.  In years past, there are fringe playoff teams that would steamroll to the top pick.

Overall though I dig it!

• Like 2