EX-HAWKSWATCH: Pandemic Bubble Thunderdome Edition

• Moderators

XHW Game of the Night:

KINGS "AT" MAGIC (6 PM Eastern, NBA TV) -- Len and Parker and Baze, oh my! Actually, Len is still out for reconditioning purposes following his COVID bout. But Jabari's healthy and ready to soak up many of the minutes Marvin Bagley was expected to log for Sactown. Orlando has two-way player B.J. "Without the Bear" Johnson, who you'll remember had a cup of coffee with the Hawks at the end of 2018-19. He may move up the Magic's depth chart for a game or two, despite Wes Iwundu's return from his neck injury.

~lw3

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not good! Prayers for him.

Hate to see that.

So when people kept telling me Isaac was more valuable than Collins, I said it's not possible because Isaac is always hurt.

Well, here we are.  I loved him at FSU, but I'm starting to be afraid for his career a little.

• Like 3

• Moderators

XHW Game of the Night:

SPURS "AT" 76ERS (8 PM Eastern, NBA LEAGUE PASS) -- Is The Playoff Streak coming off life support?  Pop's making his case for Bubble Coach of the Year if his Aldridge-less Spurs, now a 9-seed after edging out Taylor Jenkins' 8-seed Grizzlies,  stretch their winning streak in O-Town to three, this time on a back-to-back against Al Horford's 76ers. The Sixers' last (and ONLY) win away from Philly versus an above-.500 opponent came way back on December 12, But after getting torched by the Pacers' T.J. Warren, the good news is they won't face a winning team for the next five contests. Many more will care about the earlier matchup on ESPN (Grizz-Pels at 6:30 PM), as movable objects Jaxson Hayes and Anthony Tolliver try to resist the forces of Ja Morant and Zion Williamson, respectively, and avoid a three-game skid in the process. But the only burning question I have is this... say, Coach Pop, is Marco Belinelli available tonight?

~lw3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

XHW Game of the Night:

MAGIC "AT" PACERS (6 PM Eastern, NBA LEAGUE PASS) -- The Magic were skipping merrily along on Sunday, pasting Kent Bazemore and the Kings for three-and-a-half quarters, until Jonathan Isaac's untimely fall threw the team off-kilter. Starter James Ennis was brought back in to help keep Jabari Parker rusty, but a 30-point lead was sliced nearly in half in a matter of just over three minutes. Tonight, without Orlando's defensive ace around for the foreseeable future, and a game tomorrow against Toronto waiting in the wings, what can Ennis do to help the Magic avert The Wrath of Warren (oh, and you, too, Justin Holiday)?

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

XHW Game of the Day:

GRIZZLIES "AT" JAZZ (6 PM Eastern, FOX SPORTS SOUTHEAST in ATL, NBA LEAGUE PASS) -- Taylor Jenkins didn't know he'd need Anthony Tolliver this badly. With Junior Jackson out of action, and the Yacht Club West challengers nipping at his team's heels, Jenkins has no choice but to give the Grizzlies' March pickup a major uptick in floor time, after keeping Tolly limited to less than ten minutes in their last two losses. After making the wrong end of the highlight reel against Zion and the Pels, Tolliver and the Grizzlie bigs (time to thaw out Jontay Porter, maybe? Or at least Gorgui Dieng?) will have their bearclaws full trying to end Memphis' four-game skid today, versus The Stifle Tower. The battle of Budtree coaches will also have Quin Snyder turning to ex-Griz star Mike Conley to shadow Ja Morant, whose jumpshot could use a little less of a jump, and a lot more of a shot (2-for-19 bubble 3FGs). Losers of two straight themselves, Quin and the Jazz aren't laughing about that.

~lw3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Gorgui Dieng?

Gorgeous. I’m sorry I can’t stop saying that for the last ...I dunno. Oh, and my gf said please stop 🛑 saying (yelling)

INGLY DINGLY!!!! 🤷‍♀️ 

Ps Throws Grizz throwbacks are prolly my fav non Hawks jersey ever. 
I saw a dude yesterday wearing a cool #55 Kings jersey as well. White chocolate.

Edited by Spud2nique

• Moderators

XHW Game of the Night:

CLIPPERS "AT" MAVERICKS (6:30 PM Eastern, TNT) -- I doubt Paul George wishes to spend a whole playoff week lurking around Luka. Moreover, I can't imagine Junior Hardaway wants to be picking his poison between PG and Kawhi, to say nothing of Lou Wingyums. Coach Rick Carlisle would much rather see what Playoff Porter is all about, or Playoff Paul (Millsap), in a best-of-7 series. Maybe, he and coach Doc Rivers can help each other out tonight?

~lw3

• Like 1