• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

EX-HAWKSWATCH: Pandemic Bubble Thunderdome Edition

1 minute ago, lethalweapon3 said:

XHW Game of the Night:

CLIPPERS "AT" MAVERICKS (6:30 PM Eastern, TNT) -- I doubt Paul George wishes to spend a whole playoff week lurking around Luka. Moreover, I can't imagine Junior Hardaway wants to be picking his poison between PG and Kawhi, to say nothing of Lou Wingyums. Coach Rick Carlisle would much rather see what Playoff Porter is all about, or Playoff Paul (Millsap), in a best-of-7 series. Maybe, he and coach Doc Rivers can help each other out tonight?

~lw3

I got my popcorn 🍿 ready, I’m wearing my Clippers Nique jersey and just got my Kawhi Omni’s in the mail. :clap:

I got a 93/2020 Hawk/Clippers vibe going here. 

ps The red Clipps jersey almost works with the Kawhi pinks.

• Like 1

• Moderators

XHW Game of the Day:

KINGS "AT" NETS (5 PM Eastern, NBA LEAGUE PASS) -- At this point, with 4 seeding games remaining, does it really matter to Brooklyn whether they'd be handed the Bucks or the Raptors in the opening round? Particularly, with the way Toronto has been rolling over teams? For the Nets' Jacque Vaughn, who's clinging to that interim coaching spot, he got his one signature Bubble win over Milwaukee a few days ago. All that matters for him, now, is beating the Magic next Tuesday or, if that fails, the Wizards in one or two play-in games. Anything more is gravy. Staring at a 14-year postseason drought, the Kings lost a top assistant, would-be Luka whisperer Igor Kokoskov, as he returns to Europe to coach Fenerbahce. But they've got Alex Len back, while forgotten New Day member Kent Bazemore has been preaching the power of positivity at every turn. After letting Bogdans be Bogdans and hanging a season-high 140 on the Pelicans just yesterday, is there enough useful energy left in Sacramento's tank for a high-scoring encore? Brooklyn's the only gimme left on the schedule, so if the Kings come at the Nets, they'd best not miss.

~lw3

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Luka whisperer

Is that anything like a ... 🤭 I digress.

Good looking out lw3. Lovem!

ps The Jazz are in their Ostertag throwbacks. Ingles looks like John Crotty what the heck. 😳 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lethalweapon3 said:

XHW Game of the Day: JAZZ "AT" NUGGETS (Right Now, TNT), because "VOTE 4 MILLSAP": Paul's the new Pedro!

~lw3

Go Nuggs! Sorry coach Snyder but Sap ahead for me... just a bit love coach too.

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Paul's the new Pedro!

😆 

• Like 1

Dang. Nice game. Mitch 45 with that trey at the end and the Jam missed FT left the door open and from my field of vision I thought 45 nailed a halfcourter for the win! 😅 😳 👍🏾  @kg01’s boy Monte Morris is always solid and Grant showed out he’d look good in a Hawks uni.

• Like 1

• Moderators

XHW Game of the Night:

76ERS "AT" TRAILBLAZERS (6:30 PM Eastern, NBA TV) -- It's Big Boy Pants, well, Shorts time for Al Horford. He finally jab-stepped up on Friday with 21-and-9 to help smother what remains of the Magic. Today, his Sixers have a chance to make it easier for Portland coach Terry Stotts, and the squabbling Damian Lillard, to wave buh-bye at a chance for a play-in, the Blazers coming off a deflating close in the final minutes yesterday against the Clippers. Philly has been able to hide their $28 million man's mediocre behind Joel Embiid and then Ben Simmons. But with the power guard/point forward Simmons likely unable to move forward as knee surgery's on the horizon, Al and the returning Mike Scott must be more than mere bit players. Meanwhile, will Jaylen Adams have to wait for the Blazers to get eliminated before he can see a meaningful minute on the Bubble floor? Anfernee Simons has yet to make waves when spelling Lillard, and the back end of a back-to-back would be a great time to see what Adams can (or shouldn't) do.

~lw3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

XHW Game of the Day:

NUGGETS "AT" LAKERS (9 PM Eastern, TNT) -- Michael Porter's the definitive third-wheel for the Nuggs, and now that Jamal Murray has also returned to action, that means it's Next Contract Time for Paul Millsap. The 35-year-old, 30-million-dollar man no longer has to be Do-It-All Paul, but he will want to show enough veteran savvy, in primetime matchups like tonight's versus LeBrongeles, to catch the eyes of his next NBA employer. He won't want to settle for one-year prove-it deals and get strung along annually like Dwight Howard, or for latter-year unguaranteed deals like the beleaguered Quinn Cook. For as long as he remains a starter, Sap's going to want to perform well enough that his next 8-digit basketball contract will be the last one he'll ever need. This Is It!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

XHW Game of the Day:

SUNS "AT" 76ERS (4:30 PM Eastern, NBA League Pass) -- Yo, get Our Main Man, Cameron Payne off the League Pass! He's outplaying Ricky Rubio, making life simpler for Devin Booker to be Devin Booker. I'm not sure if Cam Payne is campaigning for XHW MVP, or MIP, Sixth Man, or all of 'em. I am sure of who I wanna see in the 8/9 Lebonvitational. Phoenix's 9-year playoff drought getting quenched, versus Popovich and the Spurs' 22-year playoff streak (but for the Admiral injury in '96, it could be a 30-year streak). With two NBA franchise fates on the line, in the clutch, it all needs to come down to Cam Payne versus Marco Belinelli. I'll go get the popcorn ready.

Throwback Tuesday!

~lw3

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Yo, get Our Main Man, Cameron Payne off the League Pass!

Dude is a acting like he stole MJ’s confidence. I think I know what happened here, he was watching the Last Dance 💃 fell asleep and woke up as MJ! He’s seriously gliding around the court.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

With two NBA franchise fates on the line, in the clutch, it all needs to come down to Cam Payne versus Marco Belinelli. I'll go get the popcorn ready.

🤣 I’m rooting Suns all the way in this thing. They have played some nice ball. Book might drop 50 tonight.