• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

EX-HAWKSWATCH: Pandemic Bubble Thunderdome Edition

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Thanks! I just came here to mention McChuckerson. It brought a tear to my eye 👁. But let’s face it, he needs to be doing this in round 2 to advance to round 3. Unfortunately they get the Lakers but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Blazers got a couple games, for NBA entertainment sake, oh and that pesky mighty dolla dolla bill y’all! 

Geez 🙄, I’m hard on my boy 👦....

😐... ok let me try that again and use different words.

Good job CJ! Atta boy 👦! Now go get yourself an otter pop. Oh, oh you asked all around Walmart and nobody knew what an otter pop was? Ok then get those skittles pops! 

Aye, I never seen Beal take a meaningful game over like that.  Chuk gets respect from me, sir.  Especially since he's playing with a broke back (mountain?).

• Like 1

• Moderators

7fd1c3d2c80e4c08fb092317e1e1cc40b11f257a

XHW League Pass Rankings: First Round Battle Royale

1. THUNDER (5) vs. ROCKETS (4) – GM Daryl Morey dealt out the often inopportunely injured Chris Paul to Dennis Schröder’s OKC in exchange for an upgrade in the form of Russell Westbrook. Now, he won’t have Russ available as a healthy CP3, playing his best ball in years, and his mentees Schröder and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, forge a three-guard attack that will keep James Harden occupied on defense throughout the series. The Beard needs to be every bit the top-tier MVP candidate if his Rockets hope to plunder the Thunder. While Houston hoists one perimeter shot after another, will DeMarre Carroll's services be needed to keep Mike Muscala off the 3-point line?

2. MAVERICKS (7) vs. CLIPPERS (2) – It’s Lou Williams redemption time! ATL’s Finest became, depending on one’s perspective, either the laughingstock or the scourge of the league, with its attempts to keep the Bubble as COVID-free as possible. It won’t be all on Lou to keep Doc Rivers’ L.A. club in front for most of the series, given Paul George and Kawhi Leonard are expected to do the heavy lifting. But his offense, unless Dallas’ Junior Hardaway offsets it, ought to be enough to leave Luka Doncic’s exploits irrelevant to the daily outcomes.

3. SIXERS (6) vs. CELTICS (3) – We might never get to see whether the fruits of The Process, Joel Embiid and the injured Ben Simmons, will ever achieve the lofty heights once projected of them. Any chance at that may require finding ways to showcase the withering Al Horford (52.6 Bubble 3FG%) in the series against Boston, his prior team, and then GM Elton Brand shipping him out for a deeper group of guards who can legitimately shoot the rock. Failing that, Philadelphia may be watching the start, under Brand’s watch, of Joel Embiid and The Recess.

4. JAZZ (6) vs. NUGGETS (3) – Even despite three straight losses, Paul Millsap’s Nuggets seem to be coming together, whereas coach Quin Snyder’s Jazz appear to be coming apart at the seams. The departure of Mike Conley from the Bubble adds only more pressure for Snyder to make the Rudy Gobert – Donovan Mitchell symbiosis productive for Utah. Versus Nikola Jokic, a rejuvenated Jamal Murray, and a deeper Denver collective that won’t need to overwork Sap… good luck, Coach Quin!

5. heat (5) vs. PACERS (4) – This would be a solid 4-5 series if Indiana had Domantas Sabonis, Jeremy Lamb, and a fully-functional Victor Oladipo at its disposal. It shouldn’t be all on T.J. Warren to keep his team at a nose-to-nose level with Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and company. Big buckets and big boards from Justin Holiday, on a consistent basis, could prolong this series with Miami, a little. There should be no off-days for the Holidays, be it Justin or his brother Aaron.

6. BLAZERS (8) vs. LAKERS (1) – At long last, it’s the Melo vs. LeBron playoff matchup we’ve all been waiting for! Jaylen Adams has the best seat in the Bubble house. Dwight versus Whiteside ought to be fun for however long that matchup lasts: first to six fouls!

7. NETS (7) vs. RAPTORS (2) – We’re hearing rumors about Ty Lue and Chauncey Billups forming a tantalizing “package deal” as lead coaching candidates, so here’s another idea for a dynmic duo: Jacque Vaughn and Jamal Crawford? Craw Daddy had to swiftly re-invent himself as a full-time player mentor during the Nets’ impressive run in the Bubble, and he could be just the bridge between the younger core waging war for Vaughn and the vets that are expected to be ready in December. Toronto’s objective this week? Get Paul Watson plenty of playing time in the closing quarters.

8. MAGIC (8) vs. BUCKS (1)  – Given all the depth at Coach Bud’s disposal, will we see plenty of Marvin Williams and Ersan Ilyasova in this series? Orlando isn’t enough of a perimeter threat, even when fully healthy, for Milwaukee to counter much with Kyle Korver this week. With all due respect, B.J. Johnson, you may want to start filling up your suitcase.

~lw3

• Thanks 2

On 8/17/2020 at 2:52 PM, lethalweapon3 said:

7fd1c3d2c80e4c08fb092317e1e1cc40b11f257a

XHW League Pass Rankings: First Round Battle Royale

1. THUNDER (5) vs. ROCKETS (4) – GM Daryl Morey dealt out the often inopportunely injured Chris Paul to Dennis Schröder’s OKC in exchange for an upgrade in the form of Russell Westbrook. Now, he won’t have Russ available as a healthy CP3, playing his best ball in years, and his mentees Schröder and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, forge a three-guard attack that will keep James Harden occupied on defense throughout the series. The Beard needs to be every bit the top-tier MVP candidate if his Rockets hope to plunder the Thunder. While Houston hoists one perimeter shot after another, will DeMarre Carroll's services be needed to keep Mike Muscala off the 3-point line?

2. MAVERICKS (7) vs. CLIPPERS (2) – It’s Lou Williams redemption time! ATL’s Finest became, depending on one’s perspective, either the laughingstock or the scourge of the league, with its attempts to keep the Bubble as COVID-free as possible. It won’t be all on Lou to keep Doc Rivers’ L.A. club in front for most of the series, given Paul George and Kawhi Leonard are expected to do the heavy lifting. But his offense, unless Dallas’ Junior Hardaway offsets it, ought to be enough to leave Luka Doncic’s exploits irrelevant to the daily outcomes.

3. SIXERS (6) vs. CELTICS (3) – We might never get to see whether the fruits of The Process, Joel Embiid and the injured Ben Simmons, will ever achieve the lofty heights once projected of them. Any chance at that may require finding ways to showcase the withering Al Horford (52.6 Bubble 3FG%) in the series against Boston, his prior team, and then GM Elton Brand shipping him out for a deeper group of guards who can legitimately shoot the rock. Failing that, Philadelphia may be watching the start, under Brand’s watch, of Joel Embiid and The Recess.

4. JAZZ (6) vs. NUGGETS (3) – Even despite three straight losses, Paul Millsap’s Nuggets seem to be coming together, whereas coach Quin Snyder’s Jazz appear to be coming apart at the seams. The departure of Mike Conley from the Bubble adds only more pressure for Snyder to make the Rudy Gobert – Donovan Mitchell symbiosis productive for Utah. Versus Nikola Jokic, a rejuvenated Jamal Murray, and a deeper Denver collective that won’t need to overwork Sap… good luck, Coach Quin!

5. heat (5) vs. PACERS (4) – This would be a solid 4-5 series if Indiana had Domantas Sabonis, Jeremy Lamb, and a fully-functional Victor Oladipo at its disposal. It shouldn’t be all on T.J. Warren to keep his team at a nose-to-nose level with Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and company. Big buckets and big boards from Justin Holiday, on a consistent basis, could prolong this series with Miami, a little. There should be no off-days for the Holidays, be it Justin or his brother Aaron.

6. BLAZERS (8) vs. LAKERS (1) – At long last, it’s the Melo vs. LeBron playoff matchup we’ve all been waiting for! Jaylen Adams has the best seat in the Bubble house. Dwight versus Whiteside ought to be fun for however long that matchup lasts: first to six fouls!

7. NETS (7) vs. RAPTORS (2) – We’re hearing rumors about Ty Lue and Chauncey Billups forming a tantalizing “package deal” as lead coaching candidates, so here’s another idea for a dynmic duo: Jacque Vaughn and Jamal Crawford? Craw Daddy had to swiftly re-invent himself as a full-time player mentor during the Nets’ impressive run in the Bubble, and he could be just the bridge between the younger core waging war for Vaughn and the vets that are expected to be ready in December. Toronto’s objective this week? Get Paul Watson plenty of playing time in the closing quarters.

8. MAGIC (8) vs. BUCKS (1)  – Given all the depth at Coach Bud’s disposal, will we see plenty of Marvin Williams and Ersan Ilyasova in this series? Orlando isn’t enough of a perimeter threat, even when fully healthy, for Milwaukee to counter much with Kyle Korver this week. With all due respect, B.J. Johnson, you may want to start filling up your suitcase.

~lw3

Mark this day on the calendar I’m adding/ correcting Lethal’s post.  Justin Anderson had a very efficient 4 minutes.  That roster isn’t such where he only gets garbage time c’mon Jacque.  Also failing to capitalize the H in Heat?  Lethal falling off lol.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
18 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Mark this day on the calendar I’m adding/ correcting Lethal’s post.  Justin Anderson had a very efficient 4 minutes.  That roster isn’t such where he only gets garbage time c’mon Jacque.  Also failing to capitalize the H in Heat?  Lethal falling off lol.

It's among my favorite Hawksquawk Legacies... keeping the heat in small-caps!

I forget who noticed it first around here many moons ago... kg or Hawksfanatic?... but I just checked and Miami *still* does the all-caps thing. It's so annoying! I mean, really, what in the John Crotty is this mess?

https://www.nba.com/gamenotes/heat.pdf

Series Notes: The HEAT and Pacers met four times this regular season with Miami winning three of those four matchups. The HEAT is 50-67 alltime versus Indiana during the regular season, including 39-20 in home games and 11-47 in road games. Additionally, the teams enter this postseason having faced each other four times during the playoffs with Miami holding a 3-1 series advantage. The HEAT is currently 14-11 against the Pacers in postseason play.

Who made them king and gifted them the right to shout out their official name at everyone? Who thinks they're so exceptional that they get to capitalize their team name without it being an abbreviation for anything at all? ("Hungering for Edibles on Airplane Trips"?) Imagine if the HAWKS did that on everything, we'd never hear the end of it.

I actually get small-h heated at myself when I forget to small-cap the heat in a gamethread. I'll literally go back in and edit it.

~LWTHREE

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

It's among my favorite Hawksquawk Legacies... keeping the heat in small-caps!

I forget who noticed it first around here many moons ago... kg or Hawksfanatic?... but I just checked and Miami *still* does the all-caps thing. It's so annoying! I mean, really, what in the John Crotty is this mess?

https://www.nba.com/gamenotes/heat.pdf

Who made them king and gifted them the right to shout out their official name at everyone? Who thinks they're so exceptional that they get to capitalize their team name without it being an abbreviation for anything at all? ("Hungering for Edibles on Airplane Trips"?) Imagine if the HAWKS did that on everything, we'd never hear the end of it.

I actually get small-h heated at myself when I forget to small-cap the heat in a gamethread. I'll literally go back in and edit it.

~LWTHREE

My bad bruh! Subconsciously I know I’ve seen you do the lower case “h” many times but it didn’t register.  

But why does 4 and 2 in 23 minutes feel like a decent game for Alice lol.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 2

LETS GOOOOOOOOO!!!! I don’t know who the hell im rootin for but I love basketball 🏀. Only wish it was Hawks! Time for some Budball. Look for Giannis to nuts. Kyle needs some 3’s. DJ baby 👶 Aug as our backup 1 next year?  Enjoy.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

LETS GOOOOOOOOO!!!! I don’t know who the hell im rootin for but I love basketball 🏀. Only wish it was Hawks! Time for some Budball. Look for Giannis to nuts. Kyle needs some 3’s. DJ baby 👶 Aug as our backup 1 next year?  Enjoy.

Here's my hot take on the Bubble basketball.  I'm enjoying the hell out of the games but the 'new Chris Paul' better be in jail for trespassing before this thing is over.  If i have to see him break one more mirror at CP3s place i'm going to go crazy.  And why does he have poorly hidden fake CP hair.  Does the actor have too much or too little hair under that rubber cap?

And another thing.  I can't decide if i really, really like or really, really hate the lady who says "Whopper sandwiches".  Anyone here ever say Whopper sandwiches?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Here's my hot take on the Bubble basketball.  I'm enjoying the hell out of the games but the 'new Chris Paul' better be in jail for trespassing before this thing is over.  If i have to see him break one more mirror at CP3s place i'm going to go crazy.  And why does he have poorly hidden fake CP hair.  Does the actor have too much or too little hair under that rubber cap?

And another thing.  I can't decide if i really, really like or really, really hate the lady who says "Whopper sandwiches".  Anyone here ever say Whopper sandwiches?

Carlton Banks (Alphonso Ribeiro)  - first the annoying cousin to Will, in fresh prince, now bootleg CP3 :laugh: