• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

EX-HAWKSWATCH: Pandemic Bubble Thunderdome Edition

• Premium Member
On 8/2/2020 at 9:27 PM, kg01 said:

Hate to see that.

So when people kept telling me Isaac was more valuable than Collins, I said it's not possible because Isaac is always hurt.

Well, here we are.  I loved him at FSU, but I'm starting to be afraid for his career a little.

I feel for the young man, hope he recovers well.

Orlando needs to tank hard next season.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I feel for the young man, hope he recovers well.

Orlando needs to tank hard next season.

That's too bad.  Hopefully him missing the season is more about timing of the injury and not severity of it, if that makes sense.

And, yes, ORL needs to blow it up.  That was true even if he were healthy imho.

• Moderators

bcf95dd30ed386b2af1f130289bee76c

XHW League Pass Rankings: Conference Semifinal Hells-in-a-Cell

1. heat (5) vs. BUCKS (1)  – "Well, you know, the shots just aren't going in, and, no, yeah, we're gonna look into that whole Giannis oughta guard Jimmy thing." The excuses don't fly quite as well for Coach Bud whenever he and his soon-to-be two-time MVP and, oddly, one-time DPOY Frankenstein aren't cutting the mustard when it matters most. The knives are out as GMs hoping to poach some Greek cuisine next year are saddling up to the table. Can Bud drum up enough threes from Kyle Korver, Marvin Williams and friends to keep everyone appetized? Also, where have you gone, Ersan Ilyasova?

2. NUGGETS (3) vs. CLIPPERS (2) Paul Millsap has learned his lesson, courtesy of the bubble-departing Donovan Mitchell. I can guar-on-tee, if he manages to block one of Lou Williams' shots on a drive into the lane, there will be no GTSOH trash-talking utterances from his lips. Stay humble, Uncle P. Lou and Doc Rivers will be taking notes.

3. ROCKETS (4) vs. LAKERS (1)  Slim pickings among our remaining X-Hawks, so with all due respect to DeMarre Carroll, we're gonna need Dwight Howard to help LeBron and AD squish PJ Tucker's wittle head like the Kids in the Hall.

4. CELTICS (3) vs. RAPTORS (2) – Here's my dream. Kawhi bids adieu to The Good People of Toronto -- and the RealGM posters, too -- goes to L.A. in pursuit of a second-straight title, and arrives at the NBA Finals to face... Toronto! Here's my nightmare. Lakers Banner #17, versus Celtics Banner #18. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Now, I'm not saying anybody needs to be tripped or nothing. BUT, my dream is already in the hole, down 2-0. Help me, Paul Watson, you're my only hope.

~lw3

• Like 2

• Moderators

9616430-alexis-ajinca-dwight-howard-paul

XHW League Pass Rankings: Conference Final Lumberjack Matches

1. NUGGETS (3) vs. LAKERS (1) – Cousin Dwight and Uncle Paul meet again! It would be sweet to get Sap into the championship round. Just two requests for him and the Nuggets. Don’t go down 3-1 in a series versus LeBron. Also, don’t go UP 3-1 in a series versus LeBron.

2. heat (5) vs. CELTICS (3) – No X-Hawks as far as the eye can see on either side. But, I re-iterate, “Celtics-Lakers NBA Finals” must be stopped at all costs! Go Buckets and Bam!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

1. NUGGETS (3) vs. LAKERS (1) – Cousin Dwight and Uncle Paul meet again! It would be sweet to get Sap into the championship round. Just two requests for him and the Nuggets. Don’t go down 3-1 in a series versus LeBron. Also, don’t go UP 3-1 in a series versus LeBron.

2. heat (5) vs. CELTICS (3) – No X-Hawks as far as the eye can see on either side. But, I re-iterate, “Celtics-Lakers NBA Finals” must be stopped at all costs! Go Buckets and Bam!

~lw3

:good:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Damn.  Wonder what he has against Doc?   

Yeah lakers/celtics I won't watch a game.   That will be a travesty.  I'm sure the nba will love it though.

Doc is one of the most overrated coaches of all time.  Hasn't he "coached" two franchises' longest ever losing streaks (ORL and BOS iiuc).  Hasn't he also coached(sic) two teams to series defeats after leading 3-1?

If not for the Garnett "trade" (aka McHale doing his real team a solid) he was on his way to being fired in Boston.

He has all the right friends but, when it comes down to it, he doesn't get the job done in spite of his sparkling record.

Think about it.  If we could win a dang road game, we would've ousted the Smelltics in the first round in '07 as an 8-seed.  All that crap adds up.  He's nowhere near the coach his reputation would have you believe he is.

- This post was brought to you by the I.S.E. Department 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Doc is one of the most overrated coaches of all time.  Hasn't he "coached" two franchises' longest ever losing streaks (ORL and BOS iiuc).  Hasn't he also coached(sic) two teams to series defeats after leading 3-1?

If not for the Garnett "trade" (aka McHale doing his real team a solid) he was on his way to being fired in Boston.

He has all the right friends but, when it comes down to it, he doesn't get the job done in spite of his sparkling record.

Think about it.  If we could win a dang road game, we would've ousted the Smelltics in the first round in '07 as an 8-seed.  All that crap adds up.  He's nowhere near the coach his reputation would have you believe he is.

- This post was brought to you by the I.S.E. Department 😎

Oh i agree.  Josh's comment just looks more personal. 

• Like 1