• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clint Capela

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Clint is the key to a 8th seed in the East this coming season in my opinion. With a healthy Durant and Kyrie, Wall returning, teams like Orlando and Chicago possibly improving, I think the East will be tougher next season.

I am really looking forward to what a front line of Hunter, Collins, and Capela can do. Trae, Reddish, and a healthy Huerter back court as well. The start of 2020/21 seems like a long ways away and I cannot wait to see it.

Nahh!  Trae and Collins are the key as well as the development of Cam and Hunter.  Capela might be the 5th most important piece on the team

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Nahh!  Trae and Collins are the key as well as the development of Cam and Hunter.  Capela might be the 5th most important piece on the team

My point was this past season the East was weaker. Next season we need more than Trae and Collins. Capela and the rookies improving is a must.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

My point was this past season the East was weaker. Next season we need more than Trae and Collins. Capela and the rookies improving is a must.

I get what you're saying but I'm not sure Capela is that good of a player.  Our defense will absolutely improve.  I can't wait to see the Hawks hold Vucevic to his seasonal averages.  But unlike a lot of people on this site, I think that the center position is important and unless you have one of those generational players like Lebron or Kawhi, your team will need a 2 way player at center and Capela is just not that player.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Really hoping he comes in healthy and makes a bigger impact than some of us are expecting.  He is never going to be a superstar but I think he could step his offense up another notch with Trae feeding him as opposed to an offense that revolves around Harden looking for his own shot.

I just fear that Pierce is going to neutralize his strengths and park him in a corner on some offensive sets. He may not come in and have the impact that most are anticipating.  I hoping to draft a more complete center in this year's draft.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

My expectations aren't that he'll be an offensive dynamo but that he will be a bigger threat than we've had on the floor and be a significant upgrade to our defense / rebounding as well.  I expect the combination of Capela and Dedmon to give us dramatically improved play at center compared to last season.  

If Pierce parks him in the corner all the time or has him parked shooting open 3's then we have problems.  But I'm not expecting that will be the case.

Agreed, Capela should improve our rebounding which will be a welcome sight for my sore eyes.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, AHF said:

step his offense up another notch with Trae feeding him as opposed to an offense that revolves around Harden looking for his own shot.

This. As much as Supes and others liken Trae to Harden, I can definitely see it as far as being able to put up numbers offensively. But when it comes down to it, Harden is a SG and naturally will gravitate to the shot vs Trae, the natural PG who will lob to Capela at least a few times more a game that Harden did.

Ya, Capela’s offensive should slightly improve but numbers wise I’m hoping they stay about the same and his defense shows up. With Cam and Hunter funneling defenses to the middle, Capela should receive plenty of chances to fly swat some of those puppies into the stands...check that, save them (Bill Russell style), tap them out to Trae to start the break! We are gonna be fun!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

park him in a corner

He needs to rim run and let our wings and Trae and The other outside threats but the perimeter pressure on. Capela is gonna get about 5 oops 😬 upside its heads a night with Trae.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

The biggest challenge for integrating Capela on offense will be that John is also amazing at rim running and there is only so much space in that area of the floor.

Well that’s on 2 things.

1. Coach’s scheme. (Lloyd will step up hopefully).

2. Collins increased versatility i.e. ball handling on the perimeter to crest fore cutters and also his ability to continue to drain shots. Collins stroke from deep is looking more and more comfy for him.

• Like 3