• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clint Capela

Vol4ever

5 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

LP has to run some pick n rolls for him.  He is a down low in the paint player not a 3 pt shooter imo

Clint truly has the perfect point guard for that. The best pick-n-roll in the NBA is Trae and JC in my mind, homerism aside sorta kinda.

• Like 3

Remember the good things that Dwight Howard did while he was a Hawk?  Not all the bad stuff.  Seems, from what we hear, he wasn't well liked in the locker room.  This carried over to his work on the floor.

But, he did score several points a game and he did grab some rebounds.  That's the good part.

I expect Clint Capela to give Atlanta the good things that DH did without the bad stuff.  

We haven't observed Clint and Skal on the floor with the Hawks.  We expect Clint to start and be backed up with Dewayne and Bruno.  Skal will be somewhere behind Collins or Hunter, looking for a minute or two in each game. Travis wanted him for a long time so I expect him to be here next season.

We believe.  We believe the Hawks are an improved team.  Starters, as of now, are young and more experienced.  The bench is being built to win, as opposed to last season.

GO ATL HAWKS !! 

Which comes first, the start of the 2020-21 season or Thanksgiving?  Who knows?  Covis-19......

:smug: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m super excited about Capela after watching tonight’s games. I don’t know why that triggered it but I found myself looking at some capela defensive highlights and checking to see what his official nba height is now that they measure without shoes.

His Official height surprised me as he measured in at 6’10 no shoes officially...so 6’11 with shoes more than likely...an amazing wingspan of 7’4.5!!! I don’t recall if I knew his arms was that long!

a healthy capela is going to definitely be helpful defensively next season and on the boards. Can’t wait to see what him and Collins will look like on the court.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m super excited about Capela after watching tonight’s games. I don’t know why that triggered it but I found myself looking at some capela defensive highlights and checking to see what his official nba height is now that they measure without shoes.

His Official height surprised me as he measured in at 6’10 no shoes officially...so 6’11 with shoes more than likely...an amazing wingspan of 7’4.5!!! I don’t recall if I knew his arms was that long!

a healthy capela is going to definitely be helpful defensively next season and on the boards. Can’t wait to see what him and Collins will look like on the court.

Yea I'm excited too.  We actually have a legit starting center.  No more open lane for the Hawks.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JTB said:

HIs wingspan is actually 7'5 now I think..Schlenk is definitely putting length around Trae..With Cam, Hunter, and Capela

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One of the most poignant moments from the season for me is when Clint got pissed at the team’s effort from the bench.  I’ve never seen a player who hasn’t suited up for a team bark on his teammates.    For a guy unfamiliar with everyone I just found it concerning he felt he needed to fill a toughness/ leadership void at that moment.  You would’ve thought he was the team leader of 5 years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, marco102 said:

Concerning?  That's what I would expect from someone who's been in the league a few years and on a team with championship aspirations (the Rockets). I find that COMFORTING! He'll be the Vet in the starting lineup and I hope he'll get these guys to buy in more on the defensive end. 

I think he was concerned that it Capela when Vince was suppose to be the vocal leader on the team!😜

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Looks like Trae loves Capela!

He's made perfect for Trae. He protects him and provides a roll option. He basically does what Jones does but actually great at most things outside of just finishing dunks. Defensively, Trae probably already noticed a massive difference. 

• Like 2

On 7/24/2020 at 7:14 PM, Spud2nique said:

I was rereading all of our posts here and a lot of good points. One thing that we seemed to skip over was the fact that Capela has never played next to any good power forwards. The best ones throughout his career have been guys like Ryan Anderson or PJ Tucker. Playing next to Collins should highlight some of his hidden skills. #ATLtwintowers

P.J. Tucker is a REALLY good fit next to Capela. He does a lot of things I really think benefited Capela and I say that as someone who been to a lot of Rocket games in person. Especially his communication skills. Tucker does a lot of good things. He's clearly not on John's level but let's not put him in the same damn picture with a clown like Ryan Anderson who's archetype died when you were required to do more than shoot threes to be a stretch big. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, benhillboy said:

One of the most poignant moments from the season for me is when Clint got pissed at the team’s effort from the bench.  I’ve never seen a player who hasn’t suited up for a team bark on his teammates.    For a guy unfamiliar with everyone I just found it concerning he felt he needed to fill a toughness/ leadership void at that moment.  You would’ve thought he was the team leader of 5 years.

He was like that in Houston as well. While he wasn't the mouth, that was Tucker, he was one of the brains on defense. He really took pride in it. I honestly think the injury got him traded more than anything. He was critical to Houston's defense. They really haven't recovered since losing him. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...