• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clint Capela

Vol4ever

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
27 minutes ago, High5 said:

We really did get screwed by this pandemic more than maybe any other team. So much development time lost. But I'm glad Capela is good to go.

Maybe Its a blessing in disguise meaning that he won't develop into a bad defender like all of the other previously good defenders on this team like Hunter! 😎

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Maybe Its a blessing in disguise meaning that he won't develop into a bad defender like all of the other previously good defenders on this team like Hunter! 😎

Cause NBA rookies defending a different position from college are usually great their first season.  No time needed.  

• Like 2

Everyone quit fretting over what has happened in the past.  That is gone forever.  It can't be changed. 

Actually getting the Hawk players together, having them work out under the supervision of our own head coach and his able assistance.  The first step in preparing for the, much later than usual, season.

Having a veteran, first team center.  Having a veteran, back up center.  Having a second year center who now has that important year's experience in his back pocket.  All three are big old boys!  Wow!  What a difference from last season.

And, just think.  Hawks still have trades, free agency and the draft.  Something good is about to happen to our beloved Hawks.  We ain't great.  Not yet.  But, golly gee, we're not nearly as bad as we once were...

:sun:

• Like 2

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, parfait said:

Does anyone have even an inkling of hope that Capela could flash a semblence of an outside shot? Is his shot pretty much broken?

If the Rockets didn't get him to take outside shots, I don't think anyone ever will.  He shoots 52.6% from the line for his career and has shot 1.1% of his shots at a distance longer than 3-10 feet for his career.  Hasn't taken a shot longer than 10-16 feet in two years.

No hope.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, parfait said:

Does anyone have even an inkling of hope that Capela could flash a semblence of an outside shot? Is his shot pretty much broken?

No. Just let him do what he does best. Rim.run, play defense, rebound. My only hope for him offensively in terms of shooting is improving his freethrow shooting.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

If the Rockets didn't get him to take outside shots, I don't think anyone ever will.  He shoots 52.6% from the line for his career and has shot 1.1% of his shots at a distance longer than 3-10 feet for his career.  Hasn't taken a shot longer than 10-16 feet in two years.

No hope.

Haha, that's what I figured. Maybe DeWayne Dedmon can get him to develop an outside shot out of nowhere just like he did, lol.

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, parfait said:

Haha, that's what I figured. Maybe DeWayne Dedmon can get him to develop an outside shot out of nowhere just like he did, lol.

Dewayne always had a midrange shot IIRC.  He had a good stroke so it was something to build on to extent to the 3pt line. Capela doesn't.  Let's not force a square peg in a round hole.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, parfait said:

We need rebounding and lane control out of him, not a 7 ft shooter.  Dang this league is going to hell in a handbasket.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AHF said:

No hope.

That's hack-a-shaq territory. Teams will have no qualms sending him to the line.

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

That's hack-a-shaq territory. Teams will have no qualms sending him to the line.

We might end up doing some offense / defense substitutions in end of game situations to address this. 

• Like 3