• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Consensus pick #18

Spud2nique

Consensus pick #18  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Hawks get the 18th pick, who ya got?

• Jahmi’us Ramsey
    • Kira Lewis
    • Josh Green
    • Theo Maledon
    • Nico Mannion
    • Tyrell Terry
    • Jaden McDaniels
    • Tre Jones
    • Tyler Bey
    • Isaiah Stewart

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2020 at 09:00 PM

1. Anthony 🐜 Edwards

2. James Wiseman

3. Onyeka Okongwu 

4. LaMelo Ball

5. Obi Toppin

6. Isaac Okoro

7. Tyrese Haliburton 

8. Killian Hayes

9. Deni Avdija 

10. Devin Vassell

11. Aaron Nesmith

12. Aleksej Pokusevski 

13. Cole Anthony

14. Siddiq Bey

15. Tyrese Maxey

16. Patrick Williams

17. RJ Hampton

18. TBD - (Trade down scenario)

New kid to crack the polls a smooth big man with an OG game both face up and seals off dudes nicely. He hustles too. I like bigs that can muscle up and hustle it’s a good combo. His interior D is solid as well.

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Draft'N Stash withdrew earlier.... He's now back in play.....so with pick #18:  Draft'N Stash

@JayBirdHawk Despite most likely going vet backup PG behind Trae, can I interest you in a couple crafty lil point guards in Tre Jones and Tyrell Terry.

You were asking about Bruno earlier at PF or C, how bout the aforementioned Isaiah Stewart if Travis trades down. Maybe he likes his hustle and interior D and 2.2 blocks a game, can I sell you a lil Big Bird...Bird.?. 😐 

Also, if you like high flying combo wings that finish like the matrix in alley oops, look to Tyler Bey, he may fill your craving there.

42 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

New kid to crack the polls a smooth big man with an OG game both face up and seals off dudes nicely. He hustles too. I like bigs that can muscle up and hustle it’s a good combo. His interior D is solid as well.

I heard a guy suggesting this dude could be as impactful as Toppin by the time they're both at the end of their rookie deals.

Basically projected growth for him and acknowledged Toppin's age and limitations on D.

Just fodder for discussion.  I'm totally not throwing this out to make supes' head spin.

😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Draft'N Stash withdrew earlier.... He's now back in play.....so with pick #18:  Draft'N Stash

We are almost 2/3 of the way there Bird!!!! Hang on tight. The ending isn’t sexy, specially for us, but you never know, we may end up with the 23rd pick in the draft and so we have to be ready.

The 2nd round is unbearably unsexy so F that 😂 tho!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I heard a guy suggesting this dude could be as impactful as Toppin by the time they're both at the end of their rookie deals.

Basically projected growth for him and acknowledged Toppin's age and limitations on D.

Just fodder for discussion.  I'm totally not throwing this out to make supes' head spin.

😇

If you all look at his tape deeply you can kind of see it. Sure Topps is more athletic but something throwback about this big, yea I can see him developing into a rotational guy somewhere in a couple years. Maybe a late first round sleeper like Paskal. 

Watch his sealing off kg, it reminds me of Zbo, he can create a tiny circle ⭕ and pin and trap the defender in it. He’s got a knack for it. It is a thing of the past I guess with everyone flinging threes but he’s got big man skills and soft hands and apparently matches it on defense too which Toppin doesn’t or hasn’t yet..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

If you all look at his tape deeply you can kind of see it. Sure Topps is more athletic but something throwback about this big, yea I can see him developing into a rotational guy somewhere in a couple years. Maybe a late first round sleeper like Paskal. 

Watch his sealing off kg, it reminds me of Zbo, he can create a tiny circle ⭕ and pin and trap the defender in it. He’s got a knack for it. It is a thing of the past I guess with everyone flinging threes but he’s got big man skills and soft hands and apparently matches it on defense too which Toppin doesn’t or hasn’t yet..

Careful.  That heat you feel in the back o yer neck is supes searing gaze.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

@JayBirdHawk Despite most likely going vet backup PG behind Trae, can I interest you in a couple crafty lil point guards in Tre Jones and Tyrell Terry.

You were asking about Bruno earlier at PF or C, how bout the aforementioned Isaiah Stewart if Travis trades down. Maybe he likes his hustle and interior D and 2.2 blocks a game, can I sell you a lil Big Bird...Bird.?. 😐 

Also, if you like high flying combo wings that finish like the matrix in alley oops, look to Tyler Bey, he may fill your craving there.

đŸ€”...:read:....Trae and Tre...:spiteful:....:good:.

• Like 1

Torn between Terry, Stewart and Bey.

In your view, which position or positions is easiest to draft a rookie vs go after a vet.

PG

SF

PF

?

We have Trae/Hunter/Collins respectively. I’m guessing we don’t want 2 young players handling the SF position in Hunter/2020 pick so I’m gonna eliminate SF which is Bey in this scenario. That leaves PG and PF which is our best two positions talent wise for the moment and both young (pun intended) players. I feel like Trae plays like a vet even though he’s young, so there could be an opportunity to bring a young guy in to back up Trae, but I just feel with a playoff push coming for us, we gotta hand the most difficult position in the NBA to learn to a vet and don’t have time for another rook (although I love the Terry kid from Stanford and Tre from Duke), that leaves the backup PF, we do have Bruno and Skal to try and backup JC, but I’m gonna say Stewart seems to have more raw skill and potential in my view to what Bruno and Skal may bring to the table. I’m gonna go with a young player to back up JC and that’s the Stew man here. I still love Tyrell Terry though.

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Torn between Terry, Stewart and Bey.

In your view, which position or positions is easiest to draft a rookie vs go after a vet.

PG

SF

PF

?

We have Trae/Hunter/Collins respectively. I’m guessing we don’t want 2 young players handling the SF position in Hunter/2020 pick so I’m gonna eliminate SF which is Bey in this scenario. That leaves PG and PF which is our best two positions talent wise for the moment and both young (pun intended) players. I feel like Trae plays like a vet even though he’s young, so there could be an opportunity to bring a young guy in to back up Trae, but I just feel with a playoff push coming for us, we gotta hand the most difficult position in the NBA to learn to a vet and don’t have time for another rook (although I love the Terry kid from Stanford and Tre from Duke), that leaves the backup PF, we do have Bruno and Skal to try and backup JC, but I’m gonna say Stewart seems to have more raw skill and potential in my view to what Bruno and Skal may bring to the table. I’m gonna go with a young player to back up JC and that’s the Stew man here. I still love Tyrell Terry though.

I wouldnt mind signing a vet backup pg AND drafting a young pg(2nd rd)..And I agree, I want a vet behind Hunter also(unless its Deni who's played vs grown men before. lol) But Id prefer the young player backup Collins(Okungwu/Toppin). UNLESS we can sign Bertans,Gallanari,Milsap, etc..........Too many variables right now... lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, terrell said:

I wouldnt mind signing a vet backup pg AND drafting a young pg(2nd rd)..

Yup definite possibility and a ton late 1st early 2nd that could bring value. 

5 hours ago, terrell said:

Collins(Okungwu

Now ur talkin!