• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cam Defense Video

RedDawg#8

He’s going to be first team all defense multiple years during his prime...and that’s not me being a homer! The dude has elite defensive gifts...been a long time since we’ve seen a good young hawk that has great Defensive potential. If there’s a young player out there just as good at defense as cam at this age...I must be blind.

Cam is better at defense than  his comparison Paul George was at this age.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, JTB said:

He’s going to be first team all defense multiple years during his prime...and that’s not me being a homer! The dude has elite defensive gifts...been a long time since we’ve seen a good young hawk that has great Defensive potential. If there’s a young player out there just as good at defense as cam at this age...I must be blind.

Cam is better at defense than  his comparison Paul George was at this age.

I'd like to add that he also has a certain desire and "want-to" on that end that separates him.
I think he realized that even though his offense was struggling  he had the ability to affect the game defensively and started gaining confidence and momentum early and often. He knows he can lock his guy down or make help-side plays and it shows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ugh!  That boy strip game like Blue Flame.  He’s definitely ahead of PG defensively at this stage to quote that boy JT.  The final minutes of that Raptors game when he and Bembry employed a death press was easily my most memorable moment from last season.  You got guys who “guard,” “cover,” “go get.”  It’s different when your coach tells you to “stick him.”  That’s what you tell Cam.  Dude is on your ass.  

It takes a smarter man than me to figure out how he’s gonna stop getting burned on the jab steps though.  Vet players were using his aggressive first step against him a lot late but you’ll never hear me complaining about cutting off driving lanes no sir.

Who the hell turns strip attempts into blocks and block attempts into strips?  Deceptive and quick hands.  Love how he feels he still has an advantage even in a trail position.  That help scenario against the Wizards when he sprinted across the paint looked like KG IQ level.  We’re gonna waste so much of his versatility with sh!t defensive rotations lol.  I want the coaching staff to empower him to call guys out on it.  Poor awareness and effort are no excuse with his weapons on the perimeter and in the paint.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Love how he feels he still has an advantage even in a trail position.

He took that out of one Jeffrey Teague’s book, the chase down block. But Cam is Kobe/PG13 ish on D, I love it.

• Like 1

Is this Matteo dude on the Squawk?  He’s on it.  How do you become a Clipper and Hawks fan tho?  Only combo weirder is @Sothron’s Wolves/ Hawks pairing lol.

That ball denial on Jimmy was a damn good Jimmy impression.  Jimmy was like “damn I wish I had his arms.”  Not too many things I like more than drawing a foul while busting through a pick: it immediately inspires your teammates to up their energy while the opposing offender has to temper his screens a bit, argue with his PG for not allowing him to set, or both.  As his offensive confidence grew exponentially it made his ceiling scary.  As a Scottie and pre-injury PG-13 fanatic I can’t wait to see this kid next season if the world hasn’t ended yet.  

PG won MIP and was selected an AS in his third year.  I hope Cam’s advanced defensive  IQ and heavier offensive load will have him Top 5 next season.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Yeah we’re on.  Let’s just hope Trae, John, and Cam play 70% of the games to make it nice and neat.

@AHF we are on! Benny and I.

Pretty simple bet I think.

2020-2021 season:

We make the playoffs- I win

We don’t -Benhillboy

If that works for Ben I’m signing off on it now!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

How do you become a Clipper and Hawks fan tho?

d92674304e5226e3d83f4067859716f6.jpg

2b4975cea5ed5f6c1661fa4d0f28b47b.jpg

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

@AHF we are on! Benny and I.

Pretty simple bet I think.

2020-2021 season:

We make the playoffs- I win

We don’t -Benhillboy

If that works for Ben I’m signing off on it now!

@benhillboy - when you confirm, I'll add it to the bet thread.

• Like 1