Hawks Send:
Collins
2020 Pick if it drops to 6-8
Huerter

Memphis Sends
JJJ
Their pick, currently 16th

Why Atlanta?
To improve the defense around Trae while also adding a more prolific three point shooter at the power forward spot. The Hawks have Reddish and Hunter, losing Huerter will not be devastating provided they continue to develop.

Why Memphis?
They get a pick and roll monster to team up with Ja; plus solid three point shooting and a better passer in Huerter to start over or backup Brooks. Huerter is 6'7" and can play a little small ball SF also.

I almost went Collins and Huerter for JJJ or Collins and the pick swap for JJJ; but after looking at Memphis lineup I figured more incentive would be needed. I don't think the Hawks would consider this if their pick lands in the top 5. Of course Memphis does not do a pick swap either if they miss the playoffs and do some good with the lottery drawing.

Posted this elsewhere. It does show how much I value JJJ. I think its a slight to one thing to many over pay to be honest.

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Hawks Send:
Collins
2020 Pick if it drops to 6-8
Huerter

Memphis Sends
JJJ
Their pick, currently 16th

Why Atlanta?
To improve the defense around Trae while also adding a more prolific three point shooter at the power forward spot. The Hawks have Reddish and Hunter, losing Huerter will not be devastating provided they continue to develop.

Why Memphis?
They get a pick and roll monster to team up with Ja; plus solid three point shooting and a better passer in Huerter to start over or backup Brooks. Huerter is 6'7" and can play a little small ball SF also.

I almost went Collins and Huerter for JJJ or Collins and the pick swap for JJJ; but after looking at Memphis lineup I figured more incentive would be needed. I don't think the Hawks would consider this if their pick lands in the top 5. Of course Memphis does not do a pick swap either if they miss the playoffs and do some good with the lottery drawing.

Posted this elsewhere. It does show how much I value JJJ. I think its a slight to one thing to many over pay to be honest.

Scratch this. Just found out the dreaded Celtics own the Memphis pick this year.