• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LaMelo Ball?

TRW

I hope I'm wrong but Trae signing with Klutch might become the worst thing to happen in Atlanta sports history. I see Anthony Davis all over again. LeBron getting his bi' boy to circumvent the league. When will this stuff stop? How can LeBron claim he's the king when he constantly has to have great players around him and always trying has to control the narrative. He'll never be Jordan in my eyes. Hopefully, we get a top 2 lottery pick (not happening because that's rigged too) so we can bring in LaMelo Ball as an alternative. Ball isn't on Trae's level but he would be our PG if or when Trae leaves. The NBA is a rigged league IMHO and it won't change. It was no coincidence that the Lakers got a high pick so they could use that in a trade to get Anthony Davis from New Orleans who winds up winning the lottery. Zion was New Orleans gift for getting Davis to the Lakers.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, TRW said:

I hope I'm wrong but Trae signing with Klutch might become the worst thing to happen in Atlanta sports history. I see Anthony Davis all over again. LeBron getting his bi' boy to circumvent the league. When will this stuff stop? How can LeBron claim he's the king when he constantly has to have great players around him and always trying has to control the narrative. He'll never be Jordan in my eyes. Hopefully, we get a top 2 lottery pick (not happening because that's rigged too) so we can bring in LaMelo Ball as an alternative. Ball isn't on Trae's level but he would be our PG if or when Trae leaves. The NBA is a rigged league IMHO and it won't change. It was no coincidence that the Lakers got a high pick so they could use that in a trade to get Anthony Davis from New Orleans who winds up winning the lottery. Zion was New Orleans gift for getting Davis to the Lakers.

Some of what you say is true and that is why Schlenk must put together a competitive squad for the next season to avert that.

• Like 3

Just now, TRW said:

I hope you're right Nathan. Trae leaving us would be a big blow and all of out haters would love it.

It's just not in Trae's interest to force anything. Regardless of what he thinks about Atlanta, unless he's willing to take the qualifying offer, he can't hit unrestricted free agency. There's not much he can do to facilitate a trade.

And fwiw, I think Trae enjoys being a Hawk and wants to be here. We've given him the keys to the team, and we're trying to put pieces next to him. I think we'll be fine so long as Capela is as good as he was for Houston and we fill out the rest of the roster with veterans that can contribute.

• Like 3

Yeah I'm not gonna worry about this.  At all.

May as well worry about the "rumor" he wants to play for OKC someday.

Or that he wants to play for NYK.  Or that he wants to play with so-and-so. 

It never ends.

Welcome to having a coveted player on the team.

• Like 3

I wouldn't have a problem with him going back home one day. I'm just tired of the Klutch Sports LeBron James politics. 

• Like 2

I'm always late to the party. I just read some old post discussing Trae and Klutch. When you miss a week of Hawksquawk, it's hard to catch up.

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yeah I'm not gonna worry about this.  At all.

May as well worry about the "rumor" he wants to play for OKC someday.

Or that he wants to play for NYK.  Or that he wants to play with so-and-so. 

It never ends.

Welcome to having a coveted player on the team.

Its one of those GOOD problems to have, certainly.   I guess Joe was the last guy we had that was coveted by a few teams, but Trae by more than a few, most likely more than half!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 2:35 AM, Spud2nique said:

Trae will be a lifetime Hawk! Book it! 

Feeling we got this one more than right and agree with you on Trae happy leading the Hawks for good. Don't see us trading Nique away again either.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2020 at 6:03 PM, TRW said:

I hope you're right Nathan. Trae leaving us would be a big blow and all of out haters would love it.

We are already in "OMG Trae is leaving" mode? A little early for that, don't you think? We got at least 2 more years before this needs to be addressed.