• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Consensus pick #22

Spud2nique

Consensus pick #22  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Hawks get the 22nd pick, who ya got?

• Jahmi’us Ramsey
    • Kira Lewis
    • Josh Green
    • Nico Mannion
    • Tyrell Terry
    • Tre Jones
    • Tyler Bey
    • Leandro Bolmaro
    • Paul Reed
    • Xavier Tillman

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/09/2020 at 12:00 AM

1. Anthony 🐜 Edwards

2. James Wiseman

3. Onyeka Okongwu 

4. LaMelo Ball

5. Obi Toppin

6. Isaac Okoro

7. Tyrese Haliburton 

8. Killian Hayes

9. Deni Avdija 

10. Devin Vassell

11. Aaron Nesmith

12. Aleksej Pokusevski 

13. Cole Anthony

14. Siddiq Bey

15. Tyrese Maxey

16. Patrick Williams

17. RJ Hampton

18. Jaden McDaniels 

19. Isaiah Stewart 

20. Desmond Bane

21. Theo Maledon

22. TBD- (trade down scenario)

New kid on the block Tillman. He’s got a poor man’s Al đŸ‘¶ Jefferson aka the Cookie Monster type of turnaround. Al was really good though hence poor man, but not bad. He grinds, we need meat.

They say this guy would excel alongside a dominant ball handling playmaker. đŸ€” That’s Trae. 

Edited by Spud2nique

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

If you're looking for more names, I think Jalen Smith will be taken around this point.

😂 funny you mentioned him. I was scouting him last night and he was the next one. I saw someone on realgm, I think it was atlbbq guy, said something like he’s like a Shawn Kemp. It caught my eye and even though he’s not like Kemp to me, he does have an athlete rawness to his game which is backed up by a nice perimeter game. Usually muscular physical guys like Jalen Smith provide that punch and strength down low but no finesse. He’s got a little touch. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kg01 said:

If you're looking for more names, I think Jalen Smith will be taken around this point.

Who goes first overall in the real draft between the two,

Xavier Tillman or Jalen Smith?

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

I think Smith.

Wow ok. It’s a tough call. He probably will go first but for us I’d argue we have a John Collins who Smith seems to play like a bit, poor man’s, but we don’t have a Tillman. 

Whether through the draft or free agency, we need to add that girthy thick guy that every team needs.

Trez

Gwu (weighs less now but will add it)

Tillman

Isaiah Stewart

I think I’ve been saying this for a couple or ten years now.

I WANT GIRTH! 😐 🍆 

Gimme a bodyguard for Trae. A skilled one preferably like a (I hate to say it) Draymond type. đŸ˜«Â 

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow ok. It’s a tough call. He probably will go first but for us I’d argue we have a John Collins who Smith seems to play like a bit, poor man’s, but we don’t have a Tillman. 

Whether through the draft or free agency, we need to add that girthy thick guy that every team needs.

Trez

Gwu (weighs less now but will add it)

Tillman

Isaiah Stewart

I think I’ve been saying this for a couple or ten years now.

I WANT GIRTH! 😐 🍆 

Gimme a bodyguard for Trae. A skilled one preferably like a (I hate to say it) Draymond type. đŸ˜«Â 

Yeah, I agree somewhat.

An argument I heard some podcast dude say is we need a guy that can guard Embiid or stte.  The other guy shot it down saying you could find some girthy guy for cheap to absorb 6 fouls long enough if you had to face PHI.  Plus there's only one Embiid.  Against every other team, you need a switchy guy.

I'm in the latter camp, I think.  Yes, I hated watching Embiid bully us but it doesn't really scare me because it's rare.  Plus, we handled PHI pretty well overall even in our dysfunctional state.  So I ain't scared.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, I agree somewhat.

An argument I heard some podcast dude say is we need a guy that can guard Embiid or stte.  The other guy shot it down saying you could find some girthy guy for cheap to absorb 6 fouls long enough if you had to face PHI.  Plus there's only one Embiid.  Against every other team, you need a switchy guy.

I'm in the latter camp, I think.  Yes, I hated watching Embiid bully us but it doesn't really scare me because it's rare.  Plus, we handled PHI pretty well overall even in our dysfunctional state.  So I ain't scared.

The games I’ve watched over the last few years, we’ve always lost pretty bad to teams with even mediocre bulk inside because we have absolutely nothing resembling girth. The closest we have is Dedmon and a young Bruno. That’s it. 

You’re right there’s only one Embiid that gives us matchup nightmares but it’s not just the individual matchup that does us in. It’s the wear and tear and grind of others having to do “big man work” to fill the void of us not having one.

Gimme a :

Jusuf Nurkic

Chuck Hayes (got AHF’s attention)

Carl Landry

Derrick Favors (your boy but getting older)

Enes Kanter )a real a$$ but big guy that sets wide screens and bruises the other team’s players)

Robin Lopez (once he’s done fondling the mascots but he’s really an idiot 😑)

Boban Marjanović- Getting a lot better

I dunno someone like that.