• Ben Simmons
    • Rudy Gobert
    • Donovan Mitchell
    • Bradley Beal
    • Victor Oladipo
    • Devin Booker
    • Jrue Holiday

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2020 at 07:00 AM

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Anthony Davis - I dont see it, he wants a contender now, not a team with youth

Giannis Antetokounmpo - He is staying put, sorry

Joel Embiid - They will keep him over Simmons

Ben Simmons - He will be moved and fits here, but I think lands elsewhere

Rudy Gobert - He may leave but only for a better situation which we are not at the moment

Donovan Mitchell  - He may leave but will likely stay, I question the fit next to Trae

Bradley Beal - Wont come here, will go be  Robin to an older vet superstar

Victor Oladipo - Possiblity, he would be a fit here

Devin Booker -  He lands in Minny if he leaves, he wants to play with KAT and DLo

Jrue Holiday - Possibility, he would make us a contender, a Chauncey Billups type piece

We are a 25 win team. Jrue isn't making us a contender lol. 

• Haha 1

Yeah, I'm with @kg01 on this one. Joel seems the most likely candidate.  He doesn't seem the happiest about his offensive role.

If Joel demands a trade, what would the Hawks have to give up to get him.  I'd sign Bertans at a slight over pay and pair him and Capela with two future firsts. 

Probably will have to consider one of Heurter and Hunter too, but I'm not feeling that. Philly may demand John being realistic.

Edited by marco102

33 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, I'm with @kg01 on this one. Joel seems the most likely candidate.  He doesn't seem the happiest about his offensive role.

If Joel demands a trade, what would the Hawks have to give up to get him.  I'd sign Bertans at a slight over pay and pair him and Capela with two future firsts. 

Probably will have to consider one of Heurter and Hunter too, but I'm not feeling that. Philly may demand John being realistic.

It would cost one of the Philly boys (Hunter), Huerter, Capela and 2 firsts for like Embiid and Shake Milton 😆 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

We are a 25 win team. Jrue isn't making us a contender lol. 

Jrue is probably the most underrated player in the NBA. But outside of his skill on the court, he brings a vet presence that would fit in the locker room. He would become the most talented vet still in his prime that Trae has ever had. He plays the same position as Trae which would help him further grow as a PG. He could lead the 2nd unit but also play next to Trae in the backcourt.

I think we are on our way up anyways, so yea we are a 25 win team that is destined for 35 wins next year without any additions. But adding a piece like Jrue puts us in the high 40's as far as wins and a 2nd round appearance in which we realistically could upset any team we faced.

The Hawks as built today could upset Philly, Miami, and Indy if we were in a playoff series. 

A piece like Jrue helps us compete with the likes of Boston and Toronto who play smarter than us. 

Think of the leap we made when we signed an old Bibby and what that did for a young team. Now take Jrue who is still in his prime, is bigger, more athletic and a better defender. So yeah, I said contender.

7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Anthony Davis - I dont see it, he wants a contender now, not a team with youth

Giannis Antetokounmpo - He is staying put, sorry

Joel Embiid - They will keep him over Simmons

Ben Simmons - He will be moved and fits here, but I think lands elsewhere

Rudy Gobert - He may leave but only for a better situation which we are not at the moment

Donovan Mitchell  - He may leave but will likely stay, I question the fit next to Trae

Bradley Beal - Wont come here, will go be  Robin to an older vet superstar

Victor Oladipo - Possiblity, he would be a fit here

Devin Booker -  He lands in Minny if he leaves, he wants to play with KAT and DLo

Jrue Holiday - Possibility, he would make us a contender, a Chauncey Billups type piece

It's not likely any of those guys become Hawks unless things change. We need to be legitimately good next year to even get our foot in the door. 

Edited by bleachkit

To me the most realistic option is Embiid for two reasons....

1. While it’s just a thought I have personally...I think many others may feel the same way that embiid and Simmons aren’t all that tight knit if you know what I mean.

2. Brand knows Embiid is his most talented player he has and most talented all around center in this era. Can be an absolute beast on any given night but brand also knows he seems to be injury prone and very much so! ...you just don’t know with this guy... to me he’s this eras bynum...every player is one injury away from their career being in shambles but Embiids every injury big or small makes you feel like it may be the big one (career ending)....Simmons is brands safe option vs Embiid in my opinion.

conclusion:

ive thought about this whole scenario earlier this year ...i can see Philly not going anywhere in the playoffs this season once it resumes . Which will be Followed by Embiid getting the blame more then Simmons by National media and fans  . Then the rumors start Embiid wants out  . Then the rumors get really heavy ...then we hear stories how Embiid is  Phillys best player but very injury prone. Then after careful examination (aka keep my damn job and roll with the healthier star player) brand makes the decision to build around Simmons and make it official to place  Embiid on trade block. Afterwards Embiid tweets or post some childish emoji shit on instagram  regarding the news (probably this 🥱🤫😈) and we start to hear all the crazy ass trade packages for him from various teams around next years trade deadline.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Yuppp. A big guard who plays hard, smart, and fearless. Put in the right situation and he will lead a playoff team to big things

Ok but not us at our stage I don’t think. Perhaps a few teams. 

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Jrue is probably the most underrated player in the NBA. But outside of his skill on the court, he brings a vet presence that would fit in the locker room. He would become the most talented vet still in his prime that Trae has ever had. He plays the same position as Trae which would help him further grow as a PG. He could lead the 2nd unit but also play next to Trae in the backcourt.

I think we are on our way up anyways, so yea we are a 25 win team that is destined for 35 wins next year without any additions. But adding a piece like Jrue puts us in the high 40's as far as wins and a 2nd round appearance in which we realistically could upset any team we faced.

The Hawks as built today could upset Philly, Miami, and Indy if we were in a playoff series. 

A piece like Jrue helps us compete with the likes of Boston and Toronto who play smarter than us. 

Think of the leap we made when we signed an old Bibby and what that did for a young team. Now take Jrue who is still in his prime, is bigger, more athletic and a better defender. So yeah, I said contender.

Jure is fine, he isn't a superstar. He isn't single handedly adding 10-15 WAR to any team. That's Lebron/Giannis type impact. Also Jrue is much better at PG IMO. How would Jrue at the 2, when he's 6'3'' and doesn't have a good perimeter shot, help Trae Young? We need a two way star like Paul George (cough, cough Cam) and an elite 3-D guy (Hunter?) to play next to Trae at the wings. Pairing him with a combo guard is not a long term move that is going to make us contend, especially considering the durability issues, where he's missed around 20 games in like five different seasons since coming into the league.

I'm not saying Jrue isn't a nice player, if he played for us he could split time at the 2 and the backup PG spot and he would certainly make us better, but I don't think  he is a great fit, certainly not in the universe of the Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, Giannis tier where he would elevate us to a top four seed like you make him out to be. Absolutely not worth his 26M + salary he is owed the next two years. Oh, and he's already 30!

EDIT; To clarifym his 26M salary could be justified on the right team, but not with us where he would be spending his most valuable minutes as a sixth man type behind Trae Young. 

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Jure is fine, he isn't a superstar. He isn't single handedly adding 10-15 WAR to any team. That's Lebron/Giannis type impact. Also Jrue is much better at PG IMO. How would Jrue at the 2, when he's 6'3'' and doesn't have a good perimeter shot, help Trae Young? We need a two way star like Paul George (cough, cough Cam) and an elite 3-D guy (Hunter?) to play next to Trae at the wings. Pairing him with a combo guard is not a long term move that is going to make us contend, especially considering the durability issues, where he's missed around 20 games in like five different seasons since coming into the league.

I'm not saying Jrue isn't a nice player, if he played for us he could split time at the 2 and the backup PG spot and he would certainly make us better, but I don't think  he is a great fit, certainly not in the universe of the Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, Giannis tier where he would elevate us to a top four seed like you make him out to be. Absolutely not worth his 26M + salary he is owed the next two years. Oh, and he's already 30!

EDIT; To clarifym his 26M salary could be justified on the right team, but not with us where he would be spending his most valuable minutes as a sixth man type behind Trae Young. 

Next to Trae, he would be the PG on offense and allow Trae to use his gravity to stretch the defense thin OR if they dont come out, it gives Trae more catch and shoot opportunities in which he will thrive, Defensively Jrue could guard most 2's but would likely take the opposing PG and we would stick Trae (like we do now) on the weakside wing shooter. Basically we turn Trae in to Kyle Korver when he is next to Jrue

Oh, and no, I dont consider Jrue to be a superstar, he was listed as an option in the poll so I gave my two cents on him. There are much better players that will be available but again, I dont see them landing in Atlanta. I see Jrue in the mold of Chauncey Billups. Someone who wasnt considered special until he landed in the right situation at the right time and became a vital piece for the Pistons. Jrue is a vet and widely respected by his peers even if not by the media. He will make a contender very happy one day just watch and see.

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans/article_2c156088-cd15-5682-906d-ca8186d4a432.html

Edited by RedDawg#8

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Next to Trae, he would be the PG on offense and allow Trae to use his gravity to stretch the defense thin OR if they dont come out, it gives Trae more catch and shoot opportunities in which he will thrive, Defensively Jrue could guard most 2's but would likely take the opposing PG and we would stick Trae (like we do now) on the weakside wing shooter. Basically we turn Trae in to Kyle Korver when he is next to Jrue

Oh, and no, I dont consider Jrue to be a superstar, he was listed as an option in the poll so I gave my two cents on him. There are much better players that will be available but again, I dont see them landing in Atlanta. I see Jrue in the mold of Chauncey Billups. Someone who wasnt considered special until he landed in the right situation at the right time and became a vital piece for the Pistons. Jrue is a vet and widely respected by his peers even if not by the media. He will make a contender very happy one day just watch and see.

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans/article_2c156088-cd15-5682-906d-ca8186d4a432.html

Making Jrue the PG and having Trae do less passing is a bad approach, imo.  Trae being a secondary playmaker is not the way to go.  (To be clear, Trae is a markedly better passer.)  I also see Trae's man going inside anytime he is on them if they are the opposing team's SG and standing 6'' taller than Trae.  Like if we played against ourselves with that approach, Cam Reddish2.0 would be looking to abuse Trae inside and force a double team basically every trip down the floor if Jrue was marking Trae2.0.  I just don't see that working in anything other than very limited stretches as a change-up to the normal flow.

Giannis or AD. I honestly believed if John Collins doesn't get suspended, we make the playoffs. Which in turn would have gotten us a better chance to sign AD. The Lakers are his #1 choice but I really think AD likes Coach Lloyd Pierce and Coach Melvin Hunt. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded for Embiid considering the relationship he has with Coach Pierce. Coach Pierce might be able to get the best out of Embiid.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Making Jrue the PG and having Trae do less passing is a bad approach, imo.  Trae being a secondary playmaker is not the way to go.  (To be clear, Trae is a markedly better passer.)  I also see Trae's man going inside anytime he is on them if they are the opposing team's SG and standing 6'' taller than Trae.  Like if we played against ourselves with that approach, Cam Reddish2.0 would be looking to abuse Trae inside and force a double team basically every trip down the floor if Jrue was marking Trae2.0.  I just don't see that working in anything other than very limited stretches as a change-up to the normal flow.

Most definitely but don't convince yourself that that was not exactly what we did when we went "small" with Cam, Dre, Kev , Trae and JC. Cam was up top on the ball, Trae was in the weakside corner and very rarely did his guy take advantage of the mismatch. 

What Im suggesting isnt something we dont already do with Trae, Jrue just happens to be miles better as a defender than Kev Heurter. 

But yes, it would be a secondary lineup. And yes, it will take the ball away from Trae which he will undoubtedly have to learn how to play off the ball at some point as we transition to winning basketball. The best ball handlers in the league all have to learn to do this at some point. Trae is no exception. If we cannot thrive without Trae dominating the ball, we likely will not make that leap to contender.

On 7/8/2020 at 10:15 PM, marco102 said:

My vote for is who I want, not most realistic.

Giannis!!

Would be a tremendous watch with Trae to Giannis. Not likely to happen but would be my favorite signing if Clint can stay healthy for a few years as well.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2020 at 10:48 PM, JTB said:

To me the most realistic option is Embiid for two reasons....

1. While it’s just a thought I have personally...I think many others may feel the same way that embiid and Simmons aren’t all that tight knit if you know what I mean.

2. Brand knows Embiid is his most talented player he has and most talented all around center in this era. Can be an absolute beast on any given night but brand also knows he seems to be injury prone and very much so! ...you just don’t know with this guy... to me he’s this eras bynum...every player is one injury away from their career being in shambles but Embiids every injury big or small makes you feel like it may be the big one (career ending)....Simmons is brands safe option vs Embiid in my opinion.

conclusion:

ive thought about this whole scenario earlier this year ...i can see Philly not going anywhere in the playoffs this season once it resumes . Which will be Followed by Embiid getting the blame more then Simmons by National media and fans  . Then the rumors start Embiid wants out  . Then the rumors get really heavy ...then we hear stories how Embiid is  Phillys best player but very injury prone. Then after careful examination (aka keep my damn job and roll with the healthier star player) brand makes the decision to build around Simmons and make it official to place  Embiid on trade block. Afterwards Embiid tweets or post some childish emoji shit on instagram  regarding the news (probably this 🥱🤫😈) and we start to hear all the crazy ass trade packages for him from various teams around next years trade deadline.

This is how I saw it playing out, before the shutdown.  If they fail (again) this year (which I totally eggspect), it's all but assured.

And with the recent news that they've finally convinced Simmons to play the 4, which is good for him but bad for Embiid, seems they've started greasing the skids.  You tellin' me they're gonna be ok with paying old-a** Horford to come off the bench?

Yeah, Embiid trade request is comin'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, Embiid trade request is comin'.

Here we go. If we deal for him, he better check out health wise and remain healthy. He’s a beast and toyed with Kat so I’m on board, but I’m still weary of bigs and injuries. 

Trae and Embiid though. That’s a big big problem for teams. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And with the recent news that they've finally convinced Simmons to play the 4

He may also want out. I’d rather have Embiid than Simmons I think. I still don’t love Simmon’s game. He’s not a natural in the game of basketball. Something is missing.

Besides the jump shot.