BR top 💯 players of 2019-20

Spud2nique

Bleacher Report's Top 100 Player Rankings from the 2019-20 NBA Season

89. Clint Capela

41. John Collins

23. Trae Young 

The BS rankings to me...

80. Tim Hardaway 

78. Draymond Green (he dodged the season like a scardy cat 🐈 that he is)

19. Kyrie Irving (He player less than 20 games..another dodger waiting for 🧁)

10. Kris Middleton (love him but was he the 10th best overall player in the NBA this year?)

5. Luka Doncic (if he’s at #5 then Trae can’t be at #23, the geek heads at BR screwed the pooch on this).

Thoughts? 

• Like 3

Luka Doncic = the new elite, King James type player.  Why is he all the way down to 5th. ??

Trae Young is a mere human.  And, after all he IS an Atlanta Hawk.  He's so lucky that he got mentioned at all.   :hi:

This is the apparent thoughts of the Bleacher report people.  

We Hawk fans probably over rate our players.  We all see most all sports writers under rate all Hawk players on a regular basis.  

Hopefully, come December, all our Hawk players will be 100% healthy and we will be able to watch them playing with all the enthusiasm of youth.  With a rebuilt bench to carry us when the starters need a breather, look for these Hawks to explode!  Drat, like a kid waiting for Christmas, December is a long, long wait...

:smug:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Bleacher Report's Top 100 Player Rankings from the 2019-20 NBA Season

89. Clint Capela

41. John Collins

23. Trae Young 

The BS rankings to me...

80. Tim Hardaway 

78. Draymond Green (he dodged the season like a scardy cat 🐈 that he is)

19. Kyrie Irving (He player less than 20 games..another dodger waiting for 🧁)

10. Kris Middleton (love him but was he the 10th best overall player in the NBA this year?)

5. Luka Doncic (if he’s at #5 then Trae can’t be at #23, the geek heads at BR screwed the pooch on this).

Thoughts? 

I lol'd when I saw Kris Middleton at #10..Everything else is irrelevant after that...If Hawks won more games, Trae would probably be higher on these things. Thats just how it is for now...lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Admin

Honestly, I don’t have problem with the players above him ... they are all high quality and Trae is rated the worst defender in the league ... that has to count against him too

Except Kylie Irving ... I consider him the most overrated player in the league

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Luka Doncic = the new elite, King James type player.  Why is he all the way down to 5th. ??

Trae Young is a mere human.  And, after all he IS an Atlanta Hawk.  He's so lucky that he got mentioned at all.   :hi:

If we drafted Luka and the Mavs had Trae I believe the rankings would be reversed because we are Atlanta. 🤦‍♀️ You know I’ve heard the phrase “life isn’t fair”. Fine, it might not be at times but damn NBA, when do the Hawks get a level playing field for reporters and other media to treat us the same. Statistically, Trae is ahead of Luka in both points and assists, top 5 in both categories overall in the league (only guy in the NBA) and he’s 23rd???? Granted the Mavs have a better record but Luka 5th, I’m sorry the gap is too wide for my taste.

• Like 2

After checking Middleton’s numbers I don’t have a problem with him being so high if we’re talking one season.  A 119 offensive rating next to a 103 defensive and his jump shooting/ FT proficiency is a perfect compliment to Giannis’ weaknesses.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trae's 29 ppg - 9 apg - 4 rebs is one of the all-time great statistical season for a point guard.   The Hawks bad record have people glossing over that fact.

And people can talk about Trae's bad defense if they want. Fact is that even when his guy was scoring, Trae was topping them 80% if the time.

No way in hell was he just the 23rd best player this season.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

After checking Middleton’s numbers I don’t have a problem with him being so high if we’re talking one season.  A 119 offensive rating next to a 103 defensive and his jump shooting/ FT proficiency is a perfect compliment to Giannis’ weaknesses.  

Not 10th though but probably 22 or so.

• Like 1