• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone actually think that this NBA restart is going to finish??

Wurider05

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Some will discount, and some have said it might be one of the most special. It'll be memorable for its uniqueness no matter what.

Perhaps, it's tough to say until we actually start seeings games being played. If the games themselves are memorable and high quality it will go a long way in legitimizing this whole experiment. If we see a bunch of teams off rhythm, players being quarantined mid-playoffs, or any other shenanigans this will be seen as a bizarre outlier and not a legit tournament. I'm leaning towards the latter. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Maybe a little off topic but wouldn't we all tune in to see Hawks' intersquad scrimmages.  Choose captains, let them pick their teams, and play for bragging rights.   I'd watch that.  It would have to get better ratings than whatever fox ss is showing now.  

Just like orlando, it may not be the real thing but could give us interesting insight.

I would....my TV viewing has been watching a lot of  90 Day Fiance: before the 90 days, Happily Ever After?  The Other Way, and Pillow Talk. My husband got me into it :ph34r:

@Vol4ever can tell you all about it.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would....my TV viewing has been watching a lot of  90 Day Fiance: before the 90 days, Happily Ever After?  The Other Way, and Pillow Talk. My husband got me into it :ph34r:

@Vol4ever can tell you all about it.

Yep I watch them all when I can lol

• Haha 1

• Moderators

So glad this moron is no longer here:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/los-angeles-lakers-dwight-howard-coronavirus-covid19-pandemic-mask-nba-bubble-disney-world-antivax-vaccinations-225303804.html

Dwight Howard has been very open about his frequent decision to not wear a mask inside the NBA’s bubble at Walt Disney World amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

After going live on Instagram while not wearing a mask despite being around others, Howard was asked if he believed in vaccinations.

“No, I don’t,” he replied. “That’s my personal opinion, but no, I don’t.”

He claimed “somebody told on me” through the anonymous tip line for not wearing a mask earlier this week, too, though he has repeatedly shared videos where he’s not wearing a mask — making it extremely likely that he just told on himself.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, AHF said:

What's the penalty for repeated violations? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Why not?  There were some good ones.   

I enjoyed it. Some cool moments, like the Bam block, the Luka buzzer beater, seeing the Clips collapse. I'm a basketball fan, not just a Hawks fan, so it maybe it was different for others. Do feel like we got screwed being left out, not a good look for the league. But teams like Golden State and New York not wanting to go didn't help our cause.

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I enjoyed it. Some cool moments, like the Bam block, the Luka buzzer beater, seeing the Clips collapse. I'm a basketball fan, not just a Hawks fan, so it maybe it was different for others. Do feel like we got screwed being left out, not a good look for the league. But teams like Golden State and New York not wanting to go didn't help our cause.

It was a frankenstein type of deal with 13 teams from the West and only 9 from the East.

13 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I literally didn’t watch any games from the bubble.

That means you missed some of the best basketball of the season.

Tons of storylines. Excellent individual play. Upsets galore. And just an overall high level of play on most nights.

Bubble basketball was excellent.