• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Jersey!!!

ShooterSays

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm ok with it but I hope they stay consistent rather than changing every other year.

THIS!

Damnit I’m a sucker for jerseys and a marketing whore.. 😐 I understand they gotta make money but let’s keep this clean look for a decade and win 5 championships with it.

6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This is a look that represents a championship mindset

THIS! 🏆 winning jerseys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Would've loved to see them use the "ATL" lettering on one of the jerseys. 

I think they could have been more creative but it’s a fine line between classy but plainish vs our poor Pac-Man logo all cartoonish in crack... 😐 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

THIS!

Damnit I’m a sucker for jerseys and a marketing whore.. 😐 I understand they gotta make money but let’s keep this clean look for a decade and win 5 championships with it.

THIS! 🏆 winning jerseys.

I'm also glad they didn't make a colossal misstep and do some dumba** NBA Jams circa 1995 font like the Cubes did with that stupid MAVS on front of their jerseys.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

MAVS

That Mavs one is scary! 😱 It’s like I’m waiting for the cartoon to come at me 3D. We should hang out with Soth, have a little fun with him ( 😐) and make him watch the Mavs uni on a big screen in 3D, then maybe Alice in wonderland if the fun continues 😂 

• Like 3

The more I see it, the reds really bother me.  The yellow highlight around the white wordmark really washes out “Atlanta” particularly the As given the font they use.  The blacks are still supreme levels of badassery though. 

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

The more I see it, the reds really bother me.  The yellow highlight around the white wordmark really washes out “Atlanta” particularly the As given the font they use.  The blacks are still supreme levels of badassery though. 

I understand what your saying but I like them.  Says Atlanta to me

340?cb=20170617000517

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Perhaps this was an over-correction to the stretch of the volt unis.  Really basic but purposely so.

I'm ok with it but I hope they stay consistent rather than changing every other year.

And, as is the case with many things, you and I just disagree on these Smitty-era unis.  Let me put my hand, lovingly, on your shoulder before I say this.  Those unis were all awful, sir.  Awful.  That's why you don't see them anymore.

Those are the best jerseys we ever had. Look at that great Hawks font with the classic Hawks pac man picked out in gold, black and white. The solid black jersey with the white stripe down the side that connects with the shorts stripe is great. They could remove that stripe and just have a solid black jersey with that font for Atlanta and the Pac Man on the shorts and it would still be epic.

The new jerseys are incredibly basic but at least the black one appears to be some kind of throwback to those mid 90's jerseys. I would pay for a Trae jersey done  in that classic Smitty style though.

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Those are the best jerseys we ever had. Look at that great Hawks font with the classic Hawks pac man picked out in gold, black and white. The solid black jersey with the white stripe down the side that connects with the shorts stripe is great. They could remove that stripe and just have a solid black jersey with that font for Atlanta and the Pac Man on the shorts and it would still be epic.

The new jerseys are incredibly basic but at least the black one appears to be some kind of throwback to those mid 90's jerseys. I would pay for a Trae jersey done  in that classic Smitty style though.

I liked those a lot but to me they were too similar in style to these

20100202__montaellis1-1.jpg?w=400

29 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Those are the best jerseys we ever had.

No way. Not better than the original 80’s road Pac-Man and not even better than the black Deke era Hawk in the middle one. Maybe 5th best. 

This one is classy. I’ll say that. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

“We wanted to bring back a modern feel to a classic, iconic uniform,” Hawks’ VP of Creative Shirley Zhang said. “It started with just looking at our history in the sense of what is our heritage and what is the homage that we can pay going into the next evolution of our modern sports? In looking at our 51 seasons of being the Atlanta Hawks with 35 seasons of the colors of legacy yellow, torch red and what we call infinity black, proudly worn for 35 seasons, it was a no-brainer for us to pay homage, in the sense of picking out those colors.”

The brighter yellow and red shades, in particular, are likely the most identifiable with Hawks’ branding, invoking the days of Dominique Wilkins and other former Hawks stars. 

“There was a huge purpose in bringing back something that’s part of our history and part of our legacy and owning it from a classic and timeless perspective, and hoping that one day we will win a championship with whatever this new uniform was, maybe,” Zhang said.

The uniform change has been in the works for around two years, with owners Tony Ressler and Jami Gertz involved every step of the way. The goal was to create something that honored the legacy of the Hawks as an organization, but also something that was updated and modern.

“Timeless and classic, and really building a brand that could stand the test of time,” chief marketing officer Melissa Proctor said. “Sometimes there are a lot of those nuances, colors that are on trend, and things like that, but we really wanted to be able to build something that really represents the Atlanta Hawks and is true to Atlanta.”

• Like 2