• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Brandon Goodwin just another Isaiah Taylor and Jaylen Adams?

RedDawg#8

Does Goodwin have a chance to stick for a while, or will he follow the same fate as our other exciting young backup PGs of recent memory?

I loved both Taylor and Adams. Taylor seemed to be a victim of the regime change from Bud to Pierce,  and Adams played his way off of the roster with an unimpressive Summer League last year. 

We need a viable backup PG, and Goodwin played well, but is he in our future plans? 

I like him a lot (defensive energy, streak shooting, FT shooting, 2:1 assist turn) but his evaluation is an incomplete.  He’s at 50 games 9 minutes  per now, hopefully we get to see 50 more games at 15.  I think he’ll prove to be kinda stuck between pretty bad BU and elite 3rd op.

I don’t care if the 60 win team fizzled out late.  The three-headed PG monster we had was just one of the many aspects I sorely miss.  Ideally I’d love a distributing starter who’s at least mediocre at shooting and defending, backed up by a plus defender, who’s backed up by a shooter.  It provides variety and injury compensation in roster-building, something necessary for playoff berths.

On 8/6/2020 at 12:29 PM, benhillboy said:

I like him a lot (defensive energy, streak shooting, FT shooting, 2:1 assist turn) but his evaluation is an incomplete.  He’s at 50 games 9 minutes  per now, hopefully we get to see 50 more games at 15.  I think he’ll prove to be kinda stuck between pretty bad BU and elite 3rd op.

I don’t care if the 60 win team fizzled out late.  The three-headed PG monster we had was just one of the many aspects I sorely miss.  Ideally I’d love a distributing starter who’s at least mediocre at shooting and defending, backed up by a plus defender, who’s backed up by a shooter.  It provides variety and injury compensation in roster-building, something necessary for playoff berths.

That was a great rotation, and having Mack as a guy that could also play combo guard helped as well. When he was on, he could knock them down in bunches.

I miss the days even of having a Flip Murray in the lineup, or J-Crawford for that matter. A bigger guard that genuinely could run the point on offense just as easily as he could go off on a scoring streak. That's a nice option, but maybe a bit redundant if your starter is an explosive scorer in his own right, which none of those other guys played with. So Goodwin could fit that 3rd PG role nicely. I ideally would love a 6-3 to 6-5 vet that could play next to Trae in some instances to relieve the ball pressure. 

17 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That was a great rotation, and having Mack as a guy that could also play combo guard helped as well. When he was on, he could knock them down in bunches.

I miss the days even of having a Flip Murray in the lineup, or J-Crawford for that matter. A bigger guard that genuinely could run the point on offense just as easily as he could go off on a scoring streak. That's a nice option, but maybe a bit redundant if your starter is an explosive scorer in his own right, which none of those other guys played with. So Goodwin could fit that 3rd PG role nicely. I ideally would love a 6-3 to 6-5 vet that could play next to Trae in some instances to relieve the ball pressure. 

I would consider a trade of Dedmon for Delon Wright. Dallas needs a center. We need a backup PG who can play off the ball.

39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I would consider a trade of Dedmon for Delon Wright. Dallas needs a center. We need a backup PG who can play off the ball.

I'd consider a trade for Dedmon for damn near any solid vet. lol. He looked pretty bad in his 2nd stint with us....Hell Id rather have Okungwu or Wiseman as Capelas backup tbh.....DEdmon can be the mentor if he stays...lol

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, terrell said:

I'd consider a trade for Dedmon for damn near any solid vet. lol. He looked pretty bad in his 2nd stint with us....Hell Id rather have Okungwu or Wiseman as Capelas backup tbh.....DEdmon can be the mentor if he stays...lol

He was pretty good at first than his conditioning and lack of PT in SAC caught up with him

• Like 1