I love our addition of Clint Capela but if Joel Embiid becomes available this summer we should trade for him. I would suggest sending Capela, DeAndre Hunter, and our 2021 first round pick or we do a three team trade with Philly, the Wizards, and us. Bradley Beal goes to Philly, the Wizards get Capela, Hunter, and that 2021 first round pick, and we get Embiid. Certainly Embiid comes with risk but this man could be the best big in the league if he stays healthy.

C   Embiid, Dedmond, Fernandez.                 PF Collins, ?                                                     SF Reddish, ?                                                   SG Huerter, ?                                                   PG Young, ?

Embiid is a great modern big man, who physically can dominate down low on both ends, but also has perimeter skills to dribble, pass, and shoot. He would pair very well next to Collins. LP also apparently has a great working relationship with him.

If he came here, he would occupy a max slot and be tied to us for the upcoming title chase we plan to make in the near future. He and Trae would be pillars for the future. 

That to me comes with risk considering his maturity, and injury history. He will have a lot of cap tied up to likely only ever play 75% of the season at an avg of only 30 mpg.

Player for player, he is an upgrade over Capela. But I love Capela's team friendly deal to go along with his on the court and off the court attributes more. 

Capela gives us more flexibility to make roster moves going forward. To acquire Embiid would require losing assets in addition to sacrificing cap space.
Its basically like us going from dating on Tinder to getting engaged overnight. Its a big commitment for where we are in the process 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, TRW said:

I love our addition of Clint Capela but if Joel Embiid becomes available this summer we should trade for him. I would suggest sending Capela, DeAndre Hunter, and our 2021 first round pick or we do a three team trade with Philly, the Wizards, and us. Bradley Beal goes to Philly, the Wizards get Capela, Hunter, and that 2021 first round pick, and we get Embiid. Certainly Embiid comes with risk but this man could be the best big in the league if he stays healthy.

C   Embiid, Dedmond, Fernandez.                 PF Collins, ?                                                     SF Reddish, ?                                                   SG Huerter, ?                                                   PG Young, ?

Um, Embiid has three years left on his deal and Philly isn't trading him. 

23 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Lemme bridge the gap here since the Embiid-to-ATL/CLP thing is my idea.

I agree it's unlikely they'll be trading him, especially considering he's on a multi-year deal that's actually team friendly.  However, I also think it's clear their roster is flawed and he's a bad fit with Simmons.  I do think a reckoning is coming in Philly but I also know they'll fire Brown long before trading anyone.

The only caveat is if Embiid forces a trade, which is how these things happen anyway.  So your notion that "Philly isn't trading him" is right but flawed.  Obviously Philly isn't trading him, but if he asks out they won't have a choice.

If it comes this offseason, I trade Capela  our '20 pick and something like Hunter or Heurter and don't even look back.  I say 'or' not 'and' because presumably PHI is in a distressed situation if he asks out.  So, our deal wouldn't be the "best" deal but could be the "best available" deal.

• Like 2
  • Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Unlikely? yes, possible? Sure.....Even with 3 years. It's not like it hasn't happen - Blake Griffin and Tobias Harris in recent memory were traded within1 year after resigning with their teams on long term high dollar deals.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Unlikely? yes, possible? Sure.....Even with 3 years. It's not like it hasn't happen - Blake Griffin and Tobias Harris in recent memory were traded within1 year after resigning with their teams on long term high dollar deals.

Just to distinguish those a bit more, I would say that when they were traded that Griffin and Harris looked to be pretty clearly overpaid while a healthy Embiid is a value contract.  

Embiid only gets dealt if things go sour between him and management, imo.  He is too good otherwise.  

• Like 3
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

I agree it's unlikely they'll be trading him, especially considering he's on a multi-year deal that's actually team friendly.  However, I also think it's clear their roster is flawed and he's a bad fit with Simmons.  I do think a reckoning is coming in Philly but I also know they'll fire Brown long before trading anyone.

The only caveat is if Embiid forces a trade, which is how these things happen anyway.  So your notion that "Philly isn't trading him" is right but flawed.  Obviously Philly isn't trading him, but if he asks out they won't have a choice.

If it comes this offseason, I trade Capela  our '20 pick and something like Hunter or Heurter and don't even look back.  I say 'or' not 'and' because presumably PHI is in a distressed situation if he asks out.  So, our deal wouldn't be the "best" deal but could be the "best available" deal.

To add to your point. I'd do a three tream deal with Chicago, Lavine goes to Philly, Embiid to Atlanta, with Capela or Dedmon, and two first round picks.  Chicago will get the OKC pick and maybe a couple of second rounders (I know I'm not giving Chicago enough value, so maybe Huerter or Hunter, but that's only if it's the only way to get the deal done.

To me, it'll seem Philly would be more into Dedmon's skill set, because of his spacing potential.  AL would start.  Lavine can take the scoring grunt from losing Embiid. That'll seem like a really good team as far as spacing for Simmons. 

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, marco102 said:

To add to your point. I'd do a three tream deal with Chicago, Lavine goes to Philly, Embiid to Atlanta, with Capela or Dedmon, and two first round picks.  Chicago will get the OKC pick and maybe a couple of second rounders (I know I'm not giving Chicago enough value, so maybe Huerter or Hunter, but that's only if it's the only way to get the deal done.

To me, it'll seem Philly would be more into Dedmon's skill set, because of his spacing potential.  AL would start.  Lavine can take the scoring grunt from losing Embiid. That'll seem like a really good team as far as spacing for Simmons. 

If Philly like Lavine better than Hunter or Huerter, that might make sense but going from Embiid to Lavine+Dedmon+a couple picks would be super harsh.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I like the thought process but, and I say this begrudgingly, AH is right.  Value-back seems too low for PHI.

Anyways, I just hope we're creepily waitin' in the weeds for that Woj-bomb, "Embiid wants to Liive Philii".

CLP is all ..

Lurk.gif

Schlenk ...

lurker.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Moderators
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I like the thought process but, and I say this begrudgingly, AH is right.  Value-back seems too low for PHI.

Anyways, I just hope we're creepily waitin' in the weeds for that Woj-bomb, "Embiid wants to Liive Philii".

If things go south in Philly, it could get crazy for sure and that is when the Sixers could end up taking the best of a bunch of offers they'd rather not touch.

That leaves us all waiting on Embiid to make things painful for the Sixers in which case Schlenk should be ready to pounce.

da1db561486677b40e4186988ccbe713--s-kids

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Admin

I wouldn’t do the trade but a trade for embiid is gonna be Collins, Hunter, cam and prob first pick ... his value is way higher then being proposed.  No interest I. Having him here though 

12 hours ago, kg01 said:

$h÷t, now ya even got me thinking you're my burner account 😳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
22 hours ago, TRW said:

Will y'all stop trying to trade Hunter please? And we haven't even seen Capela in a Hawks uniform yet...lol

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 8/3/2020 at 9:56 AM, kg01 said:

Hey @kg01.....

Joel Embiid wondered aloud about his future with the Philadelphia 76ers following their elimination from the playoffs in four games by the Boston Celtics.

"I don't make the decisions. I'm here in Philly. Whatever happens, happens," said Embiid, responding to a question about uncertainty with the franchise. "I've always said that I want to end my career here, and if it happens, good. If it doesn't happen, well, you move on and all that stuff."

Come take a bow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

For what? It’s Haze. Ur losing it lady.

When you're ordering that smedium Hawks jersey with "Embiid" on the back, you'll thank me.

😏

• Haha 3
35 minutes ago, kg01 said:

When you're ordering that smedium Hawks jersey with "Embiid" on the back, you'll thank me.

😏

Nah bro it was Haze. I give credit where credit is due and not a sack chaser like 🐦 Obvious she needs allies right now because I’m posting her up and having my way with her ina paint 🎨.

Also, I’m an XXX large one day, a small medium the next? Hmm 🤔 at least my story has been consistent with you and the sac. 😏 

• Haha 1
  • Premium Member

No Surprise.

I do think they'll give the new coach a chance to work through the Simmons/Embiid pairing before trading either. Next trade deadline or offseason when teams have capspace and better draft lottery for picks.

• Like 2