• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Bud was never that good of a coach

NBASupes

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Buddenz with personnel power ...

snl_spittake.gif

... not if they're sane and they saw the traindumpsterfirewreck he left in Atlanta with his so-called "general" "managing"(sic).

So much this.  Bud crapped the bed and then demanded to be let go to a better place when it was time to clean up his mess.  And demanded that we pay him to work for someone else too.  Personnel power (deleted mean second thing) is something that ends badly for Bud.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, parfait said:

I still think back to an alternate 2016 where we sign Al instead of Dwight, don't resign Bazemore, trade Milsapp to Denver for picks and players, and draft Caris LeVert in the first round. Literally a dream scenario.

I never wanted Dwight.

that was a bad signing from the beginning.

11 hours ago, parfait said:

I still think back to an alternate 2016 where we sign Al instead of Dwight, don't resign Bazemore, trade Milsapp to Denver for picks and players, and draft Caris LeVert in the first round. Literally a dream scenario.

I feel like that would have just delayed the inevitable tank. I much prefer where we are now. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, High5 said:

I feel like that would have just delayed the inevitable tank. I much prefer where we are now. 

Yeah that whole Milsap/Horford led conglomerate was destined for failure at some point.  I think what @parfait hit on though is that the DEN picks/pieces could've net us the positive-value young vets we lack right now.

I'm not sold on Levert though.  Smells like bad-team leading scorer to me.  Plus he's always hurt.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah that whole Milsap/Horford led conglomerate was destined for failure at some point.  I think what @parfait hit on though is that the DEN picks/pieces could've net us the positive-value young vets we lack right now.

I'm not sold on Levert though.  Smells like bad-team leading scorer to me.  Plus he's always hurt.

Yeah I think levert is a little overrated also.

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think the best case scenario on a trade would have been like Faried, Barton, and the 15th pick. Not exactly a franchise changer. At least not in a good way because we would have missed out on Trae and probably the rest of our current core by holding onto the playoffs for a few more years. 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, there were rumors of a pretty decent package from Denver. Wish we could have known what that was.

53 minutes ago, High5 said:

I think the best case scenario on a trade would have been like Faried, Barton, and the 15th pick. Not exactly a franchise changer. At least not in a good way because we would have missed out on Trae and probably the rest of our current core by holding onto the playoffs for a few more years. 

I thought I remembered Gary Harris' name being mentioned also.

58 minutes ago, High5 said:

Yeah I recall Harris being tossed around too.  Not that that would've been some panacea.  Dude misses more time than a busted wristwatch. 😉 

..... come on, gimme some love on that one.  Straight off the dome with that wristwatch dig.  Ah, tough crowd.  I'm here all week.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, High5 said:

Faried was someone they were looking to pay teams to take so I think this undersells what they might have paid for Millsap coming off a couple All-Star appearances.  

It is tough to know how things would have happened had we gone done a path that didn't mean us letting our All-Star big men walk for nothing. What if Danny Ferry had stayed and sold them off or kept them as noted here and tried to continue to build?  What if it was still Budcox making the decisions?  It is fun speculation but I have trouble concluding much more than the fact that Budcox put us in a bad situation by letting them walk and left us few options.  Too many variables to predict how things would have gone in other hypothetical situations.

• Like 1

Even if you include Harris into the trade and we assume LeVert is about as good as Murray, we’d still be searching for our Jokic just to become as good as the present day Nuggets.

I just don’t like that path. Especially with Budcox making the decisions.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, High5 said:

I think if Schlenk had taken over a year earlier, in 2016, he could have made those moves and still traded Horford a year or two later to further fuel the rebuild. We wouldn't have lost an asset for nothing.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yeah I recall Harris being tossed around too.  Not that that would've been some panacea.  Dude misses more time than a busted wristwatch. 😉 

..... come on, gimme some love on that one.  Straight off the dome with that wristwatch dig.  Ah, tough crowd.  I'm here all week.

Hey, at least a busted wristwatch is right two times a day!

• Premium Member
On 9/5/2020 at 10:53 AM, bleachkit said:

Talent. Milwaukee has no guard play whatsoever. Regular season records are overrated.

That superior guard talent is getting their butts handed to them once again.  Looks like the Milwaukee guards took exception to your disrespectful comment! LOL!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 8/18/2020 at 9:05 PM, NBASupes said:

He never changes what he does.

Teams download it and figure out how to beat you in the playoffs. 

I been telling fools like 21 that coach Bud is fool's gold and always have been.

Regular season coach superstar

Playoffs, he's worthless

Him and that stupid ass system 

Disagree. 

Coach Bud is a very good coach.  He's not a good GM.  The flaw in his coaching is that he believes that he can win regardless of how much is stacked against him.   Like us playing Indiana his first year.  We had no business being in that series.   But he was able to find flaws in the Pacers and with the limited players that we had, he was able to exploit them.  That's good coaching. 

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Disagree. 

Coach Bud is a very good coach.  He's not a good GM.  The flaw in his coaching is that he believes that he can win regardless of how much is stacked against him.   Like us playing Indiana his first year.  We had no business being in that series.   But he was able to find flaws in the Pacers and with the limited players that we had, he was able to exploit them.  That's good coaching. 

What? There wasn't nothing he did he wasn't doing during the season that year. It was Roy Hibbert's refusal to defend Antic or Millsap at the 3pt line while staying the paint that dragged that series out. Indy was being stubborn. Let's not act like Coach Bud was coaching his ass off. We literally played the same exact style we played all 2nd half that season. Living and dying by the three pointer. We had a losing record that season and without Al, we were one of the worst teams in the NBA. That playoff spot cost us a chance at Devin Booker as well. Damnit! 

• Moderators
16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

What? There wasn't nothing he did he wasn't doing during the season that year. It was Roy Hibbert's refusal to defend Antic or Millsap at the 3pt line while staying the paint that dragged that series out. Indy was being stubborn. Let's not act like Coach Bud was coaching his ass off. We literally played the same exact style we played all 2nd half that season. Living and dying by the three pointer. We had a losing record that season and without Al, we were one of the worst teams in the NBA. That playoff spot cost us a chance at Devin Booker as well. Damnit! 

Yeah.  Pero shot 3-25 from 3pt range and it was the refusal of Hibbert to guard him there that cost Indiana dearly.  He might have shot 2-25 if Hibbert has guarded him and then they would have dominated the Hawks.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 9/2/2020 at 11:46 PM, NBASupes said:

Giannis ain't overrated. This is the playoffs. Teams take shit away. If your team is flawed, they will expose it. Like with us under Bud, if you don't adjust to shit, expect the worst.

This is why we got a shot this year with Nate.