• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Bud was never that good of a coach

NBASupes

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

In Buddz mind, he sees Kyle walkin onto the court like dis ...

idgaf.gif

:Bud: "Get 'em, Kyle!"

:Korver: "Uh coach, I prolly shouldn't be guarding Jimi Butler.  And shouldn't Giannis be the #1, 2 and 3 options this time?  I mean, me an' Ersan are jus..."

:Bud: "No Kyle ....... you got dis."

Darvin: “Finally, it may be time for me to cut the cord” (would’ve had a much better effect with the pic or big head lol.

2 questions: Is there an easier way to attach pics?  Seems impossible, every url I entered came back red.  Can I add/ delete from the old archived pics I’ve used from back in the day?

Where the hell is Diesel?

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 1

There was a famous game of rock, paper, scissors between Budz and the other coaches on the Spurs staff.

Round 1 - Bud v Pop

Pop had never lost a round so no one expected the unthinkable.  Just as Pop uttered a gruff, "scissors", his understudy belted out ... :Bud: "Rock!"

Next round, Budz v Messina.  Before they could get through the preamble, the emboldened protagonist burped out a throaty ..:Bud: "Rock!"  Messina took the round with a heady "paper" call.

After 10 straight ... :Bud: "Rock!" calls, the crowd peeped game and Budz never won a set again.

10 years later, against the Heat, ol' Budenz is still callin'...:Bud: "Rock!" Rockno matter the circumstances.   Gotta admire the man for his consistency.  You may call it stubborn.  I call it ... steadfastness.  Yeah, that sounds good.

And, you never know, Spo knows :Bud: "Rock!" is coming but .... he might decide to call "scissors" just to see what it feels like.  Then Buddz has him right where he wants him.

:Bud: "But can they clone me another Kyle?  You can never have too many, amirite?"

• Haha 1

Giannis is mad overrated. He isnt trash, but he ain't no MVP and I'm sick of the love affair with his long arms.

Harden was right, it takes no skill to just run and jump and dunk.

Giannis tried to crap on James Harden's defense, meanwhile Harden made the winning defensive play while Giannis hid in the corner.

Giannis missing free throws late, cmon man, how are you the MVP cant shoot, and you aint a Center?

People need to let go of this length fetish

Its a shooter league, and historically long arms cant shoot. Giannis is a great story, but we need to stop rewarding physical attributes and start rewarding basketball players. Giannis aint nothing a but supersized Russel Westbrook lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Giannis ain't overrated. This is the playoffs. Teams take shit away. If your team is flawed, they will expose it. Like with us under Bud, if you don't adjust to shit, expect the worst.

What is the adjustment that the Bucks need to make, in your opinion?  I have my thoughts, but I want to see what others think they should do.

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Giannis ain't overrated. This is the playoffs. Teams take shit away. If your team is flawed, they will expose it. Like with us under Bud, if you don't adjust to shit, expect the worst.

I stand by my statement. He isnt trash, but he aint no MVP. He can ball, he is an all star. But he aint the best player in the NBA , I dont care what the voters or analytics say. When its time to make something happen, he is severely limited in what he can do. Point Blank Period

Kawhi, LeBron, heck even.....I hate to say it, Luka, are all more worthy of that title. The guys that can beat your entire team, no matter what you throw at them when it really matters. Giannis can be walled off, and because he cant shoot, you can forget about him on the weakside. Even Bud forgets about him. He is not a threat if he cant drive.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

What is the adjustment that the Bucks need to make, in your opinion?  I have my thoughts, but I want to see what others think they should do.

Defensive schemes is like us with Bud. He sticks to that stupid leave the worst shooters open but the issue is Bam is their creator, it's a lot harder to do that as he likes to creator from the top of the key. 

They need to mix up their schemes. Their personnel is too talented to keep doing the same shit. 

Getting Giannis on postups with constant cutting. 

Middleton needs to get a lot more post ups. Constantly off Ball screens for Giannis. 

If the team is not going to play instinctive Basketball, they need to run a lot of offensive and defensive schemes. Milwaukee has to do more

7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I stand by my statement. He isnt trash, but he aint no MVP. He can ball, he is an all star. But he aint the best player in the NBA , I dont care what the voters or analytics say. When its time to make something happen, he is severely limited in what he can do. Point Blank Period

Kawhi, LeBron, heck even.....I hate to say it, Luka, are all more worthy of that title. The guys that can beat your entire team, no matter what you throw at them when it really matters. Giannis can be walled off, and because he cant shoot, you can forget about him on the weakside. Even Bud forgets about him. He is not a threat if he cant drive.

I don't agree. Giannis is generational. He just needs a better personnel grouping and a coach who isn't so damn rigid. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't agree. Giannis is generational. He just needs a better personnel grouping and a coach who isn't so damn rigid. 

Yes, plus MVP is a regular season award.  No one was more dominant in the reg. season than Giannis was.  It is what it is.

Playoffs are different.   His struggles basically show that the holes in his game remain ... plus his team/coach arent' doing him any favors.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yes, plus MVP is a regular season award.  No one was more dominant in the reg. season than Giannis was.  It is what it is.

Playoffs are different.   His struggles basically show that the holes in his game remain ... plus his team/coach arent' doing him any favors.

Giannis is younger than when Bron and MJ won their first title. Shaq was 27 when he won his first title. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Supes has a point.  Giannis is definitely a generational talent.  But when the overwhelmingly best offensive weapon you have is only taking 18 shots, while Marvin and Matthews are taking 14 combined ( going 3 - 14 ), maybe the coach should be designing the offense so that Giannis can get 25 - 30 shots up.  Instead, Bud is coaching this like it's the regular season and not the playoffs.

If he keeps doing that, Milwaukee will be outta here by the end of the weekend.  If I'm the coach, I'm putting Giannis in position to score 40 points a game.  Forget all of those schizophrenic role players.  Let your superstar carry the load until they are ready to contribute.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 8/24/2020 at 11:29 AM, AHF said:

Bear in mind that Milwaukee is also clearly not in the same groove they were in when the season stopped.  There will be more randomness than we are used to in the playoffs this year.  That gives Miami a better chance than they might otherwise have.

They have exactly the same roster. Let's quit making excuses for Bud.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Even though what AH said is technically right, I ain't givin' Budz no outs.  He has the best and deepest team in the league.  Figure it out!

Our Hawks team also wasn't "the same team" leading up to and during the playoffs, but if that's not on Bud than who's fault is it?

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Not allowing a jump shooter space to land i totally get should be a foul.

Contact with the shooter with your hand after the ball is already in the air they need to change.  If the shot is already gone then how is it a shooting foul if you touch the shooter at that point?   We're seeing a bunch of these every game.    If you don't interfere with the shooter getting the shot off then it's not a shooting foul.   

• Like 1