• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If Toppin is at #6 and we pass on him, it's like passing on Dame Lillard at #6. You don't want to pass on someone this damn good offensively. You really don't. He does everything you need a modern big to do offensively. For a team like us, who lacks depth, it would be an idiotic move and one that should cost TS his job in time unless he drafts someone that's insanely good. We messed up on Luka and it's not even in time yet, just year 2. Let's not do it again. BPA. 

Wrong.  2020 Greg Monroe.  Ezpass 

Eta.  A wise man once told me, at 4, it didn't matter how good you were offensively if you were bad defensively.

Edited by kg01
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

If I had to guess Edwards, Ball, Wiseman, Toppin and Okungwu go top 5 in some order. 

If so, Im taking Deni...Then trade up for a mid 1st pg(Anthony,Lewis, Maledon,etc)..OR Im taking Hayes or Haliburton and then trade up for Bey or Nesmith. or something similar. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Wouldn't shock me if Ball was at 6

Charlotte could go big and Bulls could go Deni. Cleveland could go Obi. Its possible. We can rip off the Knicks

#6 for #8 and Mitchell Robinson..I mean it is the Knicks who gave up Porzingis for Dennis Smith Jr. lol

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

The more I think about it, the more plausible it is. Minnesota is not taking him, there are taking Antman. GS is not taking him, Steph and Klay are coming back, they just traded away Russell. Charlotte just gave Rozier a big contract and Graham is their emerging young guard. Chicago just took Coby White. Cleveland took Sexton and Garland. We have Trae. The only teams that are a sure thing to draft him are Detroit and New York. Still think one of Charlotte or Chicago takes him, but it's possible they don't.

Agreed..Charlotte needs the publicity..MJ saw what a player like Trae did for us as far as enthusiasm.....lol. Also Coby is more of a combo guard imo..

Edited by terrell

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wrong.  2020 Greg Monroe.  Ezpass 

Eta.  A wise man once told me, at 4, it didn't matter how good you were offensively if you were bad defensively.

Toppin plays absolutely nothing like Greg Monroe. The guy is an absolute beast on offense. Prime Blake Griffin with a 3 point shot-like. In this weak draft I am opening up to him being the pick if Hayes isn't available. I'm just trying to figure out where we can hide him on defense. Though if we get him..... can we run a D'Antoni like offense with Trae, JC and Toppin and make them stop us? And is LP the guy to run that offense? All of this is running through my head, but Toppin is definitely no Monroe at all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Toppin plays absolutely nothing like Greg Monroe. The guy is an absolute beast on offense. Prime Blake Griffin with a 3 point shot-like. In this weak draft I am opening up to him being the pick if Hayes isn't available. I'm just trying to figure out where we can hide him on defense. Though if we get him..... can we run a D'Antoni like offense with Trae, JC and Toppin and make them stop us? And is LP the guy to run that offense? All of this is running through my head, but Toppin is definitely no Monroe at all.

I didn't say Greg Monroe.  I said "2020 Greg Monroe".  Not that they play alike.  That they're offense-only bigs who, because they're so bad on d, have their offensive impact negated.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

If Toppin is at #6 and we pass on him, it's like passing on Dame Lillard at #6.

Absolutely disagree here. No. No. You have compared Toppin to Curry and Lillard as far as offense for a front court guy and Amare as far as some skills and movement. 

I see him as Amare in terms of movement but with less power and not the offensive impact of either Curry or Lillard. However, they automatically have an advantage being PG’s and having the ball in their hands but still, Toppin is a bit lower for me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Agreed..Charlotte needs the publicity..MJ saw what a player like Trae did for us as far as enthusiasm.....lol. Also Coby is more of a combo guard imo..

Chicago isnt passing on Ball, They are not gonna let having Coby White deter them from drafting Melo. If Ball makes it past 3 he will get scooped up fast. Sucks Cleveland drafted 2 PG's back to back, but Ball actually fits next to them both as neither is a true PG. Ball could play the 1 on offense with either of them off the ball and then defend wings on defense (if he learns to defend at all)

3 minutes ago, NBAchamps2016 said:

Haliburton by a sizable margin

I like him, but Ive been watching alot of his highlights today, and he never goes left..Whats up with that?

Edited by terrell

45 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I'm not feeling this new draft lottery format at all.  Disappointed in falling to 6 even though it was the most likely scenario.

Say it Jody! We all need to hear it! 😃 

But hopefully not the next lotto, ever 😆 

• Like 1

Would yall do Collins and 2022 1st(protected)to Minnesota for #1 pick and Jake Layman?

I saw it on BR..lol

We could take Edwards and Okungwu or Toppin

Edited by terrell

37 minutes ago, terrell said:

I like him, but Ive been watching alot of his highlights today, and he never goes left..Whats up with that?

This, him not getting to the line often, and wonky shot are the only noticeable flaws in his game. Fortunately, he doesn't need to be the primary creator and as a sophmore has room for growth. IMO the guy is getting massively underrated. His game is smooth and will translate to the pros. Let's get him here for some Circa 2015 Hox vibes. Tired of seeing our guys taking bad shots+ lack of ball movement.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Would yall do Collins to Minnesota for #1 pick?

I saw it on BR..lol

We take Edwards and Okungwu or Toppin

No, that's the wrong direction....we need to be moving towards the playoffs, adding two rookies doesn't do that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, that's the wrong direction....we need to be moving towards the playoffs, adding two rookies doesn't do that.

We still have FA..Just sayin..