• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Wrong.  2020 Greg Monroe.  Ezpass 

Eta.  A wise man once told me, at 4, it didn't matter how good you were offensively if you were bad defensively.

You might want to see Obi Toppin and Greg Monroe my friend. If you see the same thing, you probably think JC is Priest Lauderdale 

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I didn't say Greg Monroe.  I said "2020 Greg Monroe".  Not that they play alike.  That they're offense-only bigs who, because they're so bad on d, have their offensive impact negated.

This is a shit statement. 

How is a movement big who's an elite finisher, high BBIQ, a high end playmaker, and a good shooter a negative. Greg Monroe on offense at his best is a 2 WAR player. Toppin has the potential to be a 10 WAR player based on his offensive dominance. Passing on him would be idiotic. 

Comparing him to Greg Monroe is like comparing Trae Young to Brandon Jennings. Its idiotic

He is offensive dominate but he's not offense dominant while being average on offense playing an 80s style. He plays exactly the game that translates to today's NBA. 

High end decision making, high end playmaking, feel for the game, movement, finishing, ability to shoot, good first step for position. The man is like Lillard for his position. Pass on him if you want, be an idiot for life.

Edited by NBASupes

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

How is a movement big who's an elite finisher, high BBIQ, a high end playmaker, and a good shooter a negative. Greg Monroe on offense at his best is a 2 WAR player. Toppin has the potential to be a 10 WAR player based on his offensive dominance. Passing on him would be idiotic. 

Comparing him to Greg Monroe is like comparing Trae Young to Brandon Jennings. Its idiotic

Yeah that was kinda crazy. lol...Supes, can Toppin play some sf in your opinion? Ive seen some "analysts" calling him a combo forward..I cant see him guarding sf's, but hed be a matchup nightmare on offense...lol

Edited by terrell

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah thas kinda crazy. lol...Supes, can Toppin play some sf in your opinion? Ive seen some "analysts" calling him a combo forward..

Offensively, yeah. Because he has a first step and can take you off the dribble. But his handle is basic and I don't see it but with Kuz development, I can see why some would consider it. He's a defensive 4. Its obvious but not exactly a decent one. He has some strengths on defense but he can be a nightmare in the PnR. He has Amar'e frame which makes it very hard for lateral flexibility. That said, it makes him insane for explosiveness and pop. 

He's so versatile offensively, he can do a lot. He can even be a point forward in an Al Horford-Jokic way. He got a lot of versatility. His playmaking and decision making skills is what makes him special to me. Otherwise, he would be like Amar'e and that's iight, nothing special in today's NBA. 

Edited by NBASupes

45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He is offensive dominate but he's not offense dominant while being average on offense playing an 80s style. He plays exactly the game that translates to today's NBA. 

High end decision making, high end playmaking, feel for the game, movement, finishing, ability to shoot, good first step for position. The man is like Lillard for his position. Pass on him if you want, be an idiot for life.

Stahhp.  You just like the guy.  The reason you're ignoring all the negative things you said about Collins is because they all apply to Toppin too.

Care to address that?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Stahhp.  You just like the guy.  The reason you're ignoring all the negative things you said about Collins is because they all apply to Toppin too.

Care to address that?

What are the negative things offensively? 

Collins is a very good player and a damn good offensive player so I got nothing against John in that. But he's not a special offensive player. He can't create for himself or others. That's a critical part of the modern NBA. Scoring and rebounds is so 90s. Today's NBA is about impact and PPP 

Edited by NBASupes

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Collins is a very good player and a damn good offensive player so I got nothing against John in that. But he's not a special offensive player. He can't create for himself or others. That's a critical part of the modern NBA. Scoring and rebounds is so 90s. Today's NBA is about impact and PPP 

It's almost cute how you avoid saying the d-word, which is the 10,000lb elephant in your room.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

You think Toppin fits better with Capela than Collins does? Be honest...lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, terrell said:

Would yall do Collins and 2022 1st(protected)to Minnesota for #1 pick and Jake Layman?

I saw it on BR..lol

We could take Edwards and Okungwu or Toppin

I think it's more likely we have in place with GSW that if our guy (likely Edwards) is there at 2, close to a straight up swap of JC for #2. I don't know how I'd feel about that tho....

I think what's more likely is GSW uses #2 with additional picks to get rid of Wiggins and bring in Ben Simmons. 

4 hours ago, terrell said:

Would yall do Collins and 2022 1st(protected)to Minnesota for #1 pick and Jake Layman?

I saw it on BR..lol

We could take Edwards and Okungwu or Toppin

It’s sexy.

Trae/Dragic or another FA pg vet

Edwards/Huerter

Cam/Layman

Hunter/Bruno

Capela/Okongwu

But no, we gotta go chase that ring. We have our main toys in Trae/Collins/Cam/Hun/Huerter/Capela lets go fight!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

I didn't say Greg Monroe.  I said "2020 Greg Monroe".  Not that they play alike.  That they're offense-only bigs who, because they're so bad on d, have their offensive impact negated.

Toppin reminds me of our old friend Mr. Kardashian. @NBASupes don’t hate me. 😐 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Just want to throw this out there, but unless you're talking about one of the Top tier elite Stars (which most aren't on the move this off season), you aren't going to find a guy that is without flaws but wont still come with the price tag as if he were God's Gift just to play here.

The being said, having a player who averages 20 and 10 before he hits his prime and you control his rights, that is a piece worth holding on to. Until JC decides he isn't resigning and AD walks through that door, I think you have to hold on to him and not go chasing waterfalls. Don't let the fact that nobody talks about him fool you, he is an elite young talent and I truly dare you find anyone available that matches his production and potential (he has only gotten better every season).

There is a reason every message board GM out there puts his name in any trade scenario with us, they see it too, but they think we are going to panic and sell him off. If JC played for any other team he would be considered somewhere between pre-Lebron Kuzma and this year's Bam. Flaws and all, which all players have, he is a building block worth keeping.

Well said. 

• Like 2