• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

16 hours ago, bleachkit said:

People don't like him because he's skinny and his shot looks funny, but he just knows how to play. He's a very smart player, that consistently makes the correct basketball play.

Hawks, once upon a time, had the opportunity to draft CP3 and he wanted to come to Atlanta.  We said, "pass," and the results are history.  Any Atlanta sports game seen now is sure to have a CP3 advertising and no Atlanta player.

To me, and I'm probably almost alone in this, Tyrese Haliburton is this year's draft CP3.  I know.  He's not as well known and liked before this draft as CP3 was when he was drafted.  

Marvin, our draft choice, is said to be retiring.  He never lived up to his draft position.  He did have a good NBA life and did well.  What I'm trying to say - - "Please don't make the same mistake again."

:search:

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Hawks, once upon a time, had the opportunity to draft CP3 and he wanted to come to Atlanta.  We said, "pass," and the results are history.  Any Atlanta sports game seen now is sure to have a CP3 advertising and no Atlanta player.

To me, and I'm probably almost alone in this, Tyrese Haliburton is this year's draft CP3.  I know.  He's not as well known and liked before this draft as CP3 was when he was drafted.  

Marvin, our draft choice, is said to be retiring.  He never lived up to his draft position.  He did have a good NBA life and did well.  What I'm trying to say - - "Please don't make the same mistake again."

:search:

He's also a very intelligent and high character person, which matters also. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okongwu is the player I most want at 6 now. Then the rest:

Deni, Haliburton, Hayes, Okoro

Given Schlenks tendency to chase high school players who were highly ranked, Onkongwu top 20 and Okoro top 30 are in his wheelhouse.

17 hours ago, bleachkit said:

@Gray Mule You'll like this. According to Basketball-Reference, how many players in NCAA history have averaged more than 15 points, five boards and six dimes while shooting over 50% from the floor and 40% from 3-point range (while attempting more than five treys per game)? One: Tyrese Halliburton.

From the scant information I have on the top rated prospects he’s my guy.  Seems to have the will and IQ to play a winning-style floor game.  Does he have the tools remains to be peeped.

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

From the scant information I have on the top rated prospects he’s my guy.  Seems to have the will and IQ to play a winning-style floor game.  Does he have the tools remains to be peeped.

People always obsess over athletic upside. Watch Haliburton end up having a longer, more impactful career than Edwards.

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

What makes you want Hali over Hayes when considering they both have similar bbiq's? Hayes has a better NBA frame and seems to be able to create for others much better. 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

People always obsess over athletic upside. Watch Haliburton end up having a longer, more impactful career than Edwards.

I'll ask you the same question.  What makes you want Haliburton over Hayes when considering both have similar IQ's and from the tape it appears Hayes can create for others much better than Hali.

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

What makes you want Hali over Hayes when considering they both have similar bbiq's? Hayes has a better NBA frame and seems to be able to create for others much better. 

I'll ask you the same question.  What makes you want Haliburton over Hayes when considering both have similar IQ's and from the tape it appears Hayes can create for others much better than Hali.

I like a lot Hayes too. It's a tough call between the two. I'd be fine with either one.

I like a lot Hayes too. It's a tough call between the two. I'd be fine with either one.

Hali is much lower ( three or four spots) on my personal board than Hayes. I just don't think he can run backup point. I see Hayes having more versality where he can run back up point, play along side Trae, create his own shot and for others, and his pick and roll passing if not better, is on par with Hali's.  I just see more versatility with drafting Hayes than Hali. 

Now  I'm not opposed to drafting Hali, just that if Hayes is there, I think he should be the pick over Hali.  Just my worthless two cents though..lol.

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Hali is much lower ( three or four spots) on my personal board than Hayes. I just don't think he can run backup point. I see Hayes having more versality where he can run back up point, play along side Trae, create his own shot and for others, and his pick and roll passing if not better, is on par with Hali's.  I just see more versatility with drafting Hayes than Hali. 

Now  I'm not opposed to drafting Hali, just that if Hayes is there, I think he should be the pick over Hali.  Just my worthless two cents though..lol.

Teams need to see these guys work out in 5 on 5. I'm really concerned about the NBA limiting or eliminating pre-draft work outs. It's just another tool to disenfranchise teams left out of the bubble. You have Covid protocols in place for games, but pre-draft work outs are a no go? It's completely irrational and unnecessary. 

Teams need to see these guys work out in 5 on 5. I'm really concerned about the NBA limiting or eliminating pre-draft work outs. It's just another tool to disenfranchise teams left out of the bubble. You have Covid protocols in place for games, but pre-draft work outs are a no go? It's completely irrational and unnecessary. 

We agree on this!  Why not have the team executives go to Orlando along with top 40 draft picks.  Do a combine and personal workouts while the finals are going one.  The team executes in the playoffs can do their workouts on off days between the games. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

We agree on this!  Why not have the team executives go to Orlando along with top 40 draft picks.  Do a combine and personal workouts while the finals are going one.  The team executes in the playoffs can do their workouts on off days between the games. 

I too hope they have workouts.

Agents are gonna want to go to the bubble and control which team their guys work out for. Do you think agents will give the NBA free reign to workout who they want or for their player to work out against another player?