• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I too hope they have workouts.

Agents are gonna want to go to the bubble and control which team their guys work out for. Do you think agents will give the NBA free reign to workout who they want or for their player to work out against another player?

No, I don't, but maybe the different agencies can assign certain prospects to each team to work out on a specific day.  Of course, dependent on if the team is interested in those prospects.  

So agents control what day the prospect gets to work out with the team, but only if team shows interest.  That way, you get random workouts, but the agent still gets some say of when the player is going to work out for that team?

I may not be communicating that very well as I'm reviewing a file..lol.

7 hours ago, marco102 said:

What makes you want Hali over Hayes when considering they both have similar bbiq's? Hayes has a better NBA frame and seems to be able to create for others much better. 

I'll ask you the same question.  What makes you want Haliburton over Hayes when considering both have similar IQ's and from the tape it appears Hayes can create for others much better than Hali.

I knew nothing of Killian Hayes until I read this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/2020-nba-draft-prospect-profile-is-killian-hayes-the-next-great-high-usage-nba-point-guard/ar-BB15ilZO

Seems like a knowledgeable evaluation and he even compared him to Haliburton.  I’m going with the latter on paper.  The left hand dominance and off ball usefulness questions are enough to scare me off.  Again I know nothing of college/ international ball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

None of them will have the impact of Capela in the next two to three years. If we are talking bigs.

No, but if we go with a wing at 6, there are some nice guards that will probably still on the board in the late teens. Tyrell Terry would be a great back up for Trae. 

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Obi.

Yes sir. This one really is a no brainer. I honestly think his detractors are dead ass wrong on him if he comes to Atlanta. Giving us that leverage in JC negotiation is also key. It's small but makes a major difference long term. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Yes sir. This one really is a no brainer. I honestly think his detractors are dead ass wrong on him if he comes to Atlanta. Giving us that leverage in JC negotiation is also key. It's small but makes a major difference long term. 

Having JC leverage/insurance is important. But who are we kidding, JC is getting paid. We are not a team can let young stars walk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Having JC leverage/insurance is important. But who are we kidding, JC is getting paid. We are not a team can let young stars walk.

He can still get paid but if he underperforms and Toppin is better, we have options. Let's say we draft a draft range bust like Vassell or Jalen Smith, we might not have that option available. Honestly, no one makes more sense than Toppin to me. Obviously, if you don't like him, then obviously you won't agree. 

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What's everyone's actual board order if we go with the idea that anyone in the draft could fall to #6 (no matter how unlikely) ?

Hawks board is different than my overall big board but via the big board

1. Ball

2. Toppin

3. Ant

4. Deni

5. Hali

6. Hayes

7. Okongwu

8. Okoro

9. Anthony

10. Wiseman

11. Pat Williams

12. Kira Lewis

13. Tyrese Maxey

14. Achiuwa

15. Vassell

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I wouldn't take Toppin with the 6th pick ... of the 2nd round.

... because he'd probably be gone by then, but I hope ol' soupy read that first bit and got all pissy again.

Why would I get mad, Stillwater said Cam Reddish shouldn't be a top 60 pick in last year's draft. Stupid ass opinions are common this time of the year.