Who do you want at #6?

Just now, bleachkit said:

His formula is not kind to older prospects. 

Nope, and it makes sense as to why. They are usually upperclassmen and they are usually a lot closer to their peak than a 18 year old. Kelly Olynyk metrics wise is nearly as productive in analytics wise as Obi Toppin. No one should be projecting Kelly to have a WASP over .6-.7 and rightfully so. 

http://www.tankathon.com/players/obi-toppin

http://www.tankathon.com/players/kelly-olynyk

But in reality, you have to watch the film. Lillard and Jimmer are extremely productive upperclassmen PG prospects with elite offensive production but when you watch the film, one has a lot of translatable NBA skills and the other doesn't. Both are polished PG prospects but completely different levels of ability and talent for the next level: 

http://www.tankathon.com/players/damian-lillard

http://www.tankathon.com/players/jimmer-fredette

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cam has rare skill. No one in this class has rare skill

i agree with this. Cam's last two months of game action saw him really grow on both ends of the court.

Omfg Adebayo just reached into Tatum's chest and ripped out his sole (and soul) on a dunk attempt to save the game. If you tell me this Okongwu kid can gimme some-a that, he's who I want.

Posted Images

Just now, bleachkit said:

Cole Anthony is better player than he showed at UNC, where he was hurt basically most of the time. He was big time in high school.

I've been pushing this train. I really think he's Brandon Jennings with Mo Williams shot making and a better Basketball frame. I think him and Tyrese Maxey are steals in this draft in the mid 1st range.  

• Like 1
  • Premium Member
8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Luka and Zion are considered elite prospects by his charts. Luka having a 5.8 and Zion with a 5.4

We keep pretending like Zion is in the same class with Luka.  Not even close!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Agreed,

Luka came in the league running and gunning. Zion is still learning how to walk, literally.

But seriously, Zion is more of a project. He has more holes in his game. You see the star power, but if you take away the athleticism, there is not much there. He has to develop all areas of his game whereas Luka is a complete player now.

Completely different basketball prospects. 

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

He was the most productive freshman in college basketball history and Mr. Excitement. There is a reason why people love him. Zion had an impressive rookie year when he played. Exceptional PPT. Tremendous finisher. Tremendous 1v1 skills. He has a lot to like about his game but yeah, comparing him to Luka seems silly at this point. Luka's 2nd year had a nearly 10 WAR at 21 years old. Yeah, he's no damn joke. 

41 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Draft someone (PG/SG/SF) that won't be Trae dependent.

Jeff actually did a good job offensively during his time. It's defensively where he was worse than Trae. Obviously due to his style of play, he was far more productive on defense making his def RAPTOR more reasonable than it should be. He was a worse defender than Trae. 

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Jeff clearly was a massive upgrade for us as a backup PG: https://winsadded.com/wins-added-premium-users/teammate-net-impact/

Dedmon was more massive for us than Teague was. Dedmon was critical for us. Having him and Capela should solve 99.99% of our center issues last year. 

• Like 4
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He had to be! We trotted out Evan 'Punchface' Turner....yeeech!

Was just going to say he was a massive upgrade on offense but consider the alternatives.  Any competent vet is going to be massively better than what we had after Trae.  Whether he is our best option at backup PG for next year is debatable.  We could certainly do worse (and did last season until we got him) but I think there will be a good number of teams with better coming off the bench.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
10 hours ago, Dean Walker said:

After watching bam tonight I’m taking Onyeka okongwu at 6.

I'm super skeptical that Gwu will develop into a passer like Bam.  Without that, Bam isn't Bam.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm super skeptical that Gwu will develop into a passer like Bam.  Without that, Bam isn't Bam.

I think the inherent passing ability is there, as well as some indicators that he is going to be able to space the floor.  A big like this who can defend multiple positions, shoot, and pass has great value.  

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think the inherent passing ability is there, as well as some indicators that he is going to be able to space the floor.  A big like this who can defend multiple positions, shoot, and pass has great value.  

He is someone I'm interested in at 6.  I just think guys with Gwu (and Bam's) profile emerging from college frequently develop into useful big but almost never develop the kind of passing that Bam has developed.  The bigs who are outstanding passers usually flash that ability very clearly before the NBA.