• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

"Some"?  He has only pro experience.  Thats the pick, if you ask me.

He has some pro experienced as opposed to the other players..Got it? lol

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

They love Beasley. You don't want Culver. He's been shifted to three different positions. He is too young to give up on but we don't want him. 

I didnt say I wanted Culver.lol. Im saying are you sure theyll take another 2 guard?

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

If Trae wants to the Hawks to move up for someone, they may do it.  Of course, if Travis agrees that person is worth moving up. 

If Wiseman is there at six, do we take him? 

Trae doesnt have that kind of power..

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

I didnt say I wanted Culver.lol. Im saying are you sure theyll take another 2 guard?

Oh, sorry. Yes, they can move guys around. If they can't trade the pick which I think might be their preferred option then I do think they take Edwards. 

• Like 1

You know what I love about #6, it’s hard to mess it up and look 👀 bad in the eyes of everyone down the road but it’s easier to look good because it’s not a top 3 pick that is under a microscope. Takes pressure off the player and the franchise.

Half glass full Spud 🥔 is what they called me in college. That and mister CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG... that’s neither here nor there.

• Like 4

New York post:

6. Hawks: Onyeka Okongwu, PF/C, USC

The defense-averse Hawks have the making of a strong offensive team, but they have to better on the other end of the floor. Okongwu is a step in the right direction, while improving Atlanta’s ability to score in the paint.

Sports Illustrated:

6. Hawks: Tyrese Haliburton, G, Iowa State

Height: 6’5” | Weight: 175 | Age: 20 | Sophomore

At some point, Atlanta will have to shift out of asset-gathering mode and decide on the best route to building a playoff team around Trae Young. The Hawks are always an active team in the draft, trading up and down in the past couple lotteries, and may have opportunities to do the same here. But if they stay put, Haliburton is a strong aesthetic fit, with the type of feel and skill set to perfectly accentuate Young’s strengths, at least on the offensive end. He drives winning basketball as much as any player in this draft, and his range begins somewhere around No. 4.

Haliburton is seen as one of the safest bets in the draft to return value, with the type of preternatural feel and passing ability that should keep him in the NBA for a long time. The question is simply to what extent, and while he’s made strides as a lead guard, skeptics point to his lack of elite tools and unorthodox jump shot as limiting factors. That said, he offers enough away from the ball as a shooter and playmaker that it may not matter, and he’s smart and versatile enough to successfully pair with Young as part of what could be a high-powered offense in time.

• Like 3

SB nation:

6. Atlanta Hawks - Deni Avdija, F, Maccabi Tel Aviv

Avdija is a 6’8 combo forward who offers a dribble-pass-shoot skill set that should transition nicely into the NBA. He solidified his case as a top-10 prospect during his run to MVP honors in the Israeli league with Maccabi Tel Aviv. Avdija is effective in transition with grab-and-go rebound ability, impressive passing vision, and the aggression to finish at the basket when he needs to. His fit into halfcourt NBA offenses will remain a bigger question. Avdija will have value as a passer and cutter, but he’ll need to continue to prove himself as a shooter even after showing a better outside stroke after the league returned from its pandemic hiatus.

USA Today:

6. Atlanta Hawks • Deni Avdija • Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel) • Small Forward • 6-9 • 220 pounds

No longer a sleeper on draft boards, the overseas prospect with great size can play multiple positions, and his versatility should be hard to pass up for Atlanta. He has a wide-ranging skill set and was an MVP of the FIBA Under-20 European Championship.

• Like 4

Yahoo:

6. Atlanta Hawks: F James Wiseman 

Ht./Wt.: 7-1, 240

Class: Freshman

Memphis: 19.7 ppg, 10.7 rpg (three games)

Chicago sun times:

6. Atlanta Hawks — Onyeka Okongwu, 6-9 PF/C, USC

Yeah, they can score with most teams on a nightly basis, but the young Hawks have a serious problem — an allergic reaction to defense. Okongwu is a bouncy defender in the paint. Think a young Taj Gibson with even more vertical.

• Like 3

NBA draft room:

6 Hawks Onyeka Okongwu C – USC – Ht – 6-9 – Wt – 220 – Wing – 7-1 – Fr – The Hawks slide down two spots in the lottery and miss out on the top wings but could still land an intriguing talent like Okongwu. He’s similar to John Collins but his upside could be too much to pass at no.6.
Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 3

One last one, 

NBA.com:

6. Onyeka Okongwu | Atlanta Hawks

USC | Position: C | Height: 6-9

Most Common: 5, 7, 9 (2)

Raw, athletic big man has size and agility to become major finisher above the rim; Long wingspan and quickness make him potentially elite rim protector

• Like 3

• Moderators

I’m more in camp @kg01 than ever before.  I trust TS so if he feels there is a legit high ceiling guy then go for it but if we are going to pick someone who projects to be a role player (and I think multiple guys around the 5-10 spot will be) then please explore trading the pick for someone more proven who can step in and contribute now.  I’m much less excited about taking someone who can’t shoot or who looks to come off the bench for the next 3 years without any AS upside.  

Maybe this is just the post-lottery depression talking but this was a big downer to go from the 4th spot to 6.  (I know 6 was the single most likely spot but it is also more than a pick worse than where we were statistically most likely to land).

• Like 2

I’m sure many here have seen it but The Stepien leaves no stone unturned in terms of college player evaluation.  I don’t watch a second of the NCAA but I’ve always been intrigued by Halliburton’s profile.  Looking at his frame I’m confident he can add 15 pounds in a year or so to combat some of his weaknesses.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1