• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Honestly, just from the players being made available in the last week

NBASupes

Atlanta should have a great offseason. We can still screw up the draft but I don't know. I hope we don't. But yeah. We should be much better in 2020-21. An entire 2nd unit of plus WAR guys +  maybe a rookie depending on their draft. Maybe even a good 3rd unit. Travis got lucky. Before the draft lottery, it was looking extremely daft. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta should have a great offseason. We can still screw up the draft but I don't know. I hope we don't. But yeah. We should be much better in 2020-21. An entire 2nd unit of plus WAR guys +  maybe a rookie depending on their draft. Maybe even a good 3rd unit. Travis got lucky. Before the draft lottery, it was looking extremely daft. 

What players are "available"? 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I can't exactly say as some of this is under wraps but some decent players. Maybe didn't do good as starters but they would be excellent backups. Players that wasn't on the market last week. Even some of the players available could now be had with an asset which was the reason teams or a team didn't care about their availability. 

If you asked me last week, last month, two months ago before the bubble. I would say that the Hawks really might have a rough bench. Hell, I was promoting Al's bad contract. Not anymore. We got good options now. This will and from what I hear has opened up the Hawks draft substantially. It's going to be a fun draft night and days leading up to it. We could have an excellent bench. 

Based on what I’ve read and listened to which is just news outlets from national and local media a lot of the good role playing free agents are expected to resign to their current team and the players I read that may be available via trade which weren’t many at all... your guy somewhat killed that news stating teams wanted too much so I figured the market overall was dry which I’m just reading between the lines as a outside fan but that’s why I was fully behind a trade for horford along with you.

its good to hear the market of players available for trade is opening up. Credit to @JayBirdHawk she’s been screaming “dont forget possible trade scenarios all season and off season”...I still am all down for a horford trade along with valuable assets if Schlenk happens to strike out via free agency and trade market. But I trust your sources supes your guys stuff falls in line of my daily nba reading and nba radio listening so it all adds up when I’m putting it all together .

just a note for whoever is reading this and I’ve said this before if you haven’t listen to nba radio you should they sometimes drop clues of players who may be available long before you see it on the National media . Podcast drop player names at times too. Lots of resources can help you find out who may be available but it’s easier to hear it from supes 😂 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

I'll step in where you can't. Atlanta had deals in place if they had 1 or 2 in the lottery. Atlanta going 6 in the lottery changed their plans and the reduction in the cap that's coming after the playoffs ends is going to make teams make hard decisions about certain players. 

A number of teams in the league run a much tighter budget than say Boston. The loss in revenue over the last few months of the season are going to cause them a bit of trouble. A few teams will be having a fire sale of their bigger contracts. If Boston can find a buyer for Hayward, he's gone (as an example). We're going to see at least an 8-10 million drop in the cap which means a 12+ million drop in the LT threshold.  A few teams not expecting to be in the LT are now set up to be repeat offenders. Basically, the 4 or 5 teams that will now have cap room will be in a serious buyers market.

A giant market has opened up for 1st round picks in the bottom 3rd of the 1st round. These are very low, locked in guaranteed salaries. Teams are trying to buy them but giving up talent for a pick but there are only a few teams with low salary and they are mostly in the top of the lottery. Teams are really going to have few options to drop salary. This means those first 10 picks in the 2nd round are going to be way more valuable than in previous years and teams that can absorb players into their cap space will get premium pick.

Good stuff on the bottom of the 1st because I haven't heard those picks can be had for more than value at this time. Also thanks for the deals in place if we had 1 or 2.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Good stuff on the bottom of the 1st because I haven't heard those picks can be had for more than value at this time. Also thanks for the deals in place if we had 1 or 2.

Well the problem with those bottom 10 picks is most of the teams are over the cap and they also want those picks to fill in roster spots. So its the only part of the offseason where a seller's market exists. Everything else is a buyer's market.

New York is going to be very active in the draft and in free agency. Their phones are/will continue to light up. Though right now they are pushing the issue. They want a shot at Lamelo and the new mocks showing Minny taking LaMelo is meant to push NY to up their offers for the pick. There are as many as 5 potential suitors to move up into the top 3 but by far NY is the most serious.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Well the problem with those bottom 10 picks is most of the teams are over the cap and they also want those picks to fill in roster spots. So its the only part of the offseason where a seller's market exists. Everything else is a buyer's market.

New York is going to be very active in the draft and in free agency. Their phones are/will continue to light up. Though right now they are pushing the issue. They want a shot at Lamelo and the new mocks showing Minny taking LaMelo is meant to push NY to up their offers for the pick. There are as many as 5 potential suitors to move up into the top 3 but by far NY is the most serious.

I was hoping for some miracle Antman would drop a bit and the Hawks had a shot.  Looks like there's going to be a bidding war. 

I was also hoping Lamelo would drop too, so the Hawks could sell him to the highest bidder.

I'm just going to hope for Killian and keep it moving. 

I'm also interested in Lavine if the price drops.  He seems to be the only young player with allstar potential available who's in our timeline. 

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Per the conversations we've all had offline - here is a very good example of a media generated story to gauge buzz. (Best guess) this was leaked by either Ball's agent or Knicks marketing.

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2020/08/25/lamelo-ball-rumors-new-york-knicks-2020-nba-draft-trade/

If that's all it took for Atlanta to move up, why wouldn't we just move up to number 1 and either take the best player or auction it off to the next highest bidder? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If that's all it took for Atlanta to move up, why wouldn't we just move up to number 1 and either take the best player or auction it off to the next highest bidder? 

Because we have money to spend and will need our future assets when we don't (2 year from now cap wise when first John then Trae have to be signed).

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Per the conversations we've all had offline - here is a very good example of a media generated story to gauge buzz. (Best guess) this was leaked by either Ball's agent or Knicks marketing.

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2020/08/25/lamelo-ball-rumors-new-york-knicks-2020-nba-draft-trade/

The proposal in the story that involves Atlanta is just too specific to be anything other than a proposed scenario gauging public interest and it goes hand in hand with something I've heard. Atlanta was the Knicks' original target if we landed in the top 2.

That specific deal is a heck of a deal for Minnesota, IMO.  Don't necessarily love it for Atlanta.  Depends on how our board degrades moving from 6 to 8.  There are scenarios where the #27 pick isn't close to worth it, imo.

19 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The proposal in the story that involves Atlanta is just too specific to be anything other than a proposed scenario gauging public interest and it goes hand in hand with something I've heard. Atlanta was the Knicks' original target if we landed in the top 2.

People have to remember, we have relationships with Nets (a lot of staffers), Warriors (TS, several members), Knicks (Rose) and a couple others. So when it comes to deals and the draft, we all work together. This is why some teams are preferred teams for trades. They are closer to each other and share more information with them. 

• Thanks 2