• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Donovan Mitchell is why you don't pass on Obi Toppin

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Rowland has to be the dumbest wannabe NBA expert ever!

Like, I appreciate that he's putting out Hawks content but it's so bad at times that it's ridiculous.  The sad part is the guys that do Bulls and Cavs and other teams' stuff are just as bad.

It's a crying shame we don't have more (i.e. better) content out there.

In that mock, Hayes, Okoro, and Avdija were off the table.  Even I might've taken Wiseman in that scenario and I'm not as high on him as you.

Vassell is going to be solid but I don't see much more than Covington or Wes Matthews.

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, thecampster said:

Take the top 10 players likely to be drafted and watch their weaknesses videos. It goes a long way toward deciding how players should be ranked (based on team need). I think we all spend too much time looking at highlight videos. Lowlight videos complete the picture.

19 hours ago, kg01 said:

His defensive limitations are due to physical limitations that aren't gonna change, btw.

19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

For someone with a hard on against hard stances, you seem to be all-in if the opinion is carried by your viewpoint. What are his defensive limitations to you? 

The 6:35 minute of this video provide a detailed breakdown of his weaknesses on both offense and defense. The first half of the video is about his strengths.

One thing that caught my attention is that he played mostly Center in college and was able to use his speed against the slower  centers.  It'll be interesting to see how that translates as an NBA PF.

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

0 players likely to be drafted and watch their weaknesses videos. It goes a long way toward deciding how players should be ranked (based on team need). I think we all spend too much time looking at highlight videos. Lowlight videos complete the

42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The 6:35 minute of this video provide a detailed breakdown of his weaknesses on both offense and defense. The first half of the video is about his strengths.

One thing that caught my attention is that he played mostly Center in college and was able to use his speed against the slower  centers.  It'll be interesting to see how that translates as an NBA PF.

kg answered the question and I gave a response. 

As someone on realgm that was sky high on Ja Morant, his athletcism was questioned by them as well. I said, it's extremely real and he's one of the most athletic players in the world right now. They disagreed and said he's too small. The season came, I was 100%. I'll say Toppin right now is the best functional athlete in the world at PF on the offensive end. Even though he's not in the NBA right now. I said Morant was top 3 athletically and many disagreed but now clearly agree. 

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Stop comparing Toppin to guards who've succeeded.  He's not a guard so he won't be doing what they did.

Look, I'm not gonna fight you on liking the guy.  But I will fight the unrealistic stuff you keep putting out.

There you go again. Stop this, stop that. I'll say what the f*** I want. What are you going to do about it? I don't think kindly to people telling me to stop shit multiple times when I already told you kindly I ain't stopping shit 

@kg01, you know the rules with me. We can talk and debate with me, all day everyday. Disagree or Agree all day, everyday but don't tell me what I can and can't say. That's a no no. Just agree to disagree. You don't have to tell me to stop shit knowing it's a trigger for me. 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Like, I appreciate that he's putting out Hawks content but it's so bad at times that it's ridiculous.  The sad part is the guys that do Bulls and Cavs and other teams' stuff are just as bad.

It's a crying shame we don't have more (i.e. better) content out there.

In that mock, Hayes, Okoro, and Avdija were off the table.  Even I might've taken Wiseman in that scenario and I'm not as high on him as you.

Vassell is going to be solid but I don't see much more than Covington or Wes Matthews.

Covington is a major reach for Vassell. 6'6 195 and just a solid NBA athlete is tough. You gotta be so skilled and talented at that size and height and he's not. Their favorite comparison is Mikal Bridges who was one of my favorite prospects and he's vastly superior to Vassell as a prospect. 

Vassell is built like Raja Bell. Bridges is built like a young Dennis Rodman. It's not even close. Vassell lack of positional versatility reminds me so much of Danny Green. He will make a positive impact as a 3&D guard but he's so limited. 

Edited by NBASupes

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There you go again. Stop this, stop that. I'll say what the f*** I want. What are you going to do about it? I don't think kindly to people telling me to stop shit multiple times when I already told you kindly I ain't stopping shit 

@kg01, you know the rules with me. We can talk and debate with me, all day everyday. Disagree or Agree all day, everyday but don't tell me what I can and can't say. That's a no no. Just agree to disagree. You don't have to tell me to stop shit knowing it's a trigger for me. 

Well count me out on this discussion because making unrealistic points and comparisons in support of your position isn't conducive to an actual discussion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Well count me out on this discussion because making unrealistic points and comparisons in support of your position isn't conducive to an actual discussion.

The point I made was extremely realistic. Hell, I can find it on RealGM where I said it and show where others disagreed. You need to get out of your damn feelings. I think highly of Toppin. A lot of f***ing scouts think highly of him. Just because you don't, don't mean you are right, these mfers are wrong. You can be mad at me, I am cool with that but don't say it's not realistic when I can find at least five pros right now who agree with me

53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

kg answered the question and I gave a response. 

As someone on realgm that was sky high on Ja Morant, his athletcism was questioned by them as well. I said, it's extremely real and he's one of the most athletic players in the world right now. They disagreed and said he's too small. The season came, I was 100%. I'll say Toppin right now is the best functional athlete in the world at PF on the offensive end. Even though he's not in the NBA right now. I said Morant was top 3 athletically and many disagreed but now clearly agree. 

I also was very bullish on Morant. He's a freak athlete.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Would have drafted him #1 if I were New Orleans over fatty!

And you would've been roasted by BSPN .. then, after a few injury-plagued years, they would have to admit you were right.  I said it before and I'll say it again, ligaments don't care if it's 300lbs of fat or 300lbs of muscle.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

80% of what he needs is 20-25 lbs of muscle...most of that in the lower half. That would fix most of his weaknesses.

pissed if Wiseman fell to 6?

Pissed if we took Vassell with the 6th pick.  There is no scenario where I don't prefer someone else at that spot and it isn't close. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Maybe it is problematic defensively but do you want to pass on a system and scheme perfect offensive player because of fit with JC. Trae, Cam, and Capela are the only players that really matter on this squad. JC matters too but if we are bringing Obi in, this is going to be a straight up competition especially in year 2. At the end of the day, we need to win a lot more games, get the players who can help you win you a lot more games. 

I hope Hunter matters considering we traded up for him.......

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

No he just thinks that we have too many bigs

We only have Capela..Dedmon is a 1 yr rental..And who knows what we'll do with Collins after next season...Idiot..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Stop comparing Toppin to guards who've succeeded.  He's not a guard so he won't be doing what they did.

Look, I'm not gonna fight you on liking the guy.  But I will fight the unrealistic stuff you keep putting out.

This sound eerily familiar....sounds like the Bagley stuff from 2 years ago?  Even down to trading Collins to get Bagley, or pairing Collins and Bagley. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This sound eerily familiar....sounds like the Bagley stuff from 2 years ago?  Even down to trading Collins to get Bagley, or pairing Collins and Bagley. 

The heart wants what the heart wants.

But I'll say this for Supes. He is passionate. You know where he stands. 

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1