• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here Comes The Falcons - 2020 Season is upon us!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, hawkman said:

When my brother texted during the game that the Falcons were going to be "fine", I literally typed, "Famous last words. Remember the Super Bowl." I'm actually glad they ripped my soul out a few years ago. I can actually laugh when they inevitably choke now. That's progress. :laugh:

LOL.  Since that Superbowl choke, I have not watched a full game - I start and it gets downhill real fast.

They just aren't a fun team to watch anymore, not even when they win.

• Like 3

• Moderators
13 hours ago, hawkman said:

When my brother texted during the game that the Falcons were going to be "fine", I literally typed, "Famous last words. Remember the Super Bowl." I'm actually glad they ripped my soul out a few years ago. I can actually laugh when they inevitably choke now. That's progress. :laugh:

I agree and I had the same feeling the entire game... then the Cowboys came out of the half with two unanswered TD's and I was like... whelp, the choke is in. It still hurts and the Super Bowl choke still haunts me. It's so damn hard being an Atlanta fan... hopefully the Braves can do us proud this year.

I really do wonder how great this team could have been if we had a Belichek or Payton at head coach instead of this "buddy" system we've had since Matty was drafted.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The Falcons make my Mondays worse cause I go to work with heartache due to my blood pressure rising.

The only group to blame for these loses is the coaching staff and coordinators. A lot of fans throwing shade at the defense, but the offense cannot sustain a drive and manage the clock in the second half to save their damn lives. Blanks needs to do the right thing and fire Quinn, Keotter, and Morris. Quinn cannot manage the team, Keotter cannot manage a clock, and Morris with damn "prevent" defense that NEVER damn works.

• Like 4

NO!  Prevent defense works!  It prevents the Falcons from victory....

The horrible idea of "Playing not to lose" guarantees victory for the opponent.

Why do the Falcons always fall apart in the 4th quarter?  Did they learn nothing from their Super Bowl appearance?  Apparently not.  They continue the same thing, over and over, even now.  What is it that is said about "Doing the same thing, over and over, and expecting different results?"

The melted Matty Ice insured the outcome when, in their last desperation drive, he ended all hope by throwing that interception.  He piles up personal passing records, yet fails to lead the Falcons to victory.

No other NFL team has the great 4th quarter record of these Q men.  Shall we continue this?

:search:

• Moderators

So much gets blamed on teh defense but the offense always puts way too much pressure on the D to hold on.  The D played plenty good enough to win that game if the offense doesn't choke in the 4th.   Friggin ryan throws an incomplete pass on 3rd down that at best would have been a one yard gain vs just running himself and keeping the clock moving.  It's unreal.

I've always been a Matt Ryan fan but let's face it, his lack of mobility combined with  his inaccuracy with deep balls is a big problem.  His positives will outweigh that stuff with a good gameplan but we never have good gameplans.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

The Falcons make my Mondays worse cause I go to work with heartache due to my blood pressure rising.

The only group to blame for these loses is the coaching staff and coordinators. A lot of fans throwing shade at the defense, but the offense cannot sustain a drive and manage the clock in the second half to save their damn lives. Blanks needs to do the right thing and fire Quinn, Keotter, and Morris. Quinn cannot manage the team, Keotter cannot manage a clock, and Morris with damn "prevent" defense that NEVER damn works.

I read that Morris only calls plays on 3rd down for the defense?  Some other character is in charge of the rest of the defense??????

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So much gets blamed on teh defense but the offense always puts way too much pressure on the D to hold on.  The D played plenty good enough to win that game if the offense doesn't choke in the 4th.   Friggin ryan throws an incomplete pass on 3rd down that at best would have been a one yard gain vs just running himself and keeping the clock moving.  It's unreal.

I've always been a Matt Ryan fan but let's face it, his lack of mobility combined with  his inaccuracy with deep balls is a big problem.  His positives will outweigh that stuff with a good gameplan but we never have good gameplans.

I get it to some extent, but when you are leading by 15+ points for 2 straight games going into the 4th quarter, I would like to see the defense provide some level of resistance.  They should be able to HOLD - in my memory they have rarely been able to do that, then the offense has to try for a miracle win and the gameplan usually sucks.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I get it to some extent, but when you are leading by 15+ points for 2 straight games going into the 4th quarter, I would like to see the defense provide some level of resistance.  They should be able to HOLD - in my memory they have rarely been able to do that, then the offense has to try for a miracle win and the gameplan usually sucks.

4th quarter:

5 minutes of possession

2 first downs

0/4 3rd down conversions

0 points

The defense may suck but what does it matter if that's our offense?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

4th quarter:

5 minutes of possession

2 first downs

0/4 3rd down conversions

0 points

The defense may suck but what does it matter if that's our offense?

So the offense couldn't score and the defense couldn't stop anybody - same story different day.

Saw this stat.  Falcons are 2-21 if they score 23 points or less.

• Like 2