• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here Comes The Falcons - 2020 Season is upon us!

JayBirdHawk

Just saw this. CBS Sports is stating the Falcons are without a doubt the least desirable coaching vacancy in the NFL. Some humor there I guess but the fact there is an article like that at the end of any season for us is pretty depressing. Love watching college Bowl games and of the course the Dawgs but watching our Falcons in the big league the last three years has been like pulling a tooth over and over. What could have been four years ago. That season seems like a decade ago. Sigh.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cbs-sports-claims-falcons-nfl-182325888.html 

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Just saw this. CBS Sports is stating the Falcons are without a doubt the least desirable coaching vacancy in the NFL. Some humor there I guess but the fact there is an article like that at the end of any season for us is pretty depressing. Love watching college Bowl games and of the course the Dawgs but watching our Falcons in the big league the last three years has been like pulling a tooth over and over. What could have been four years ago. That season seems like a decade ago. Sigh.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cbs-sports-claims-falcons-nfl-182325888.html

Two aging stars and not a lot of talent at core positions.  I get it.  We keep throwing essentially the same squad out there year after year and expect something different.   A good coach will help a ton but it's not going to make us a great team without some big personnel changes.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

So I am watching the Bills and Colts in the playoff game right now. It is halftime and let me tell you that Josh Allen is a blast to watch, truly the real deal. A quarterback that has a rocket arm with surprising sideline accuracy and he runs like a track relay guy. Exciting football. Take a look at this game if you cats have a chance. Its seriously fun stuff.

Not saying there is big problem because it was just one game and from a very bored offense by the Chiefs do think But the OC for them is in a very loose tie or less than that for the Falcons head coaching job and his offense scored 17 on us late in the season. 17 on us. Would have gone to OT but Koo choked. Maybe more homework is indeed warranted.  You know, just saying.

So I believe Dan Quinn may have just been hired as the Cowboys DC. Three year deal it looks like so whatever, good luck to him except for the win column. Never could pull for that particular America's team. Yuck.

• Like 1

Kinda putting the cart before the horse it would seem by hiring a coach before a gm but the Falcons are trying to ink Arthur Smith today as our new HC. Maybe Fontenot is waiting to jump on board as our GM after the Saints season and so no final word on that one way or another. If that is the case he may have already discussed Smith as the new coach with us already. All speculation on my part and does make sense but anyway at least we know that Dan Quinn is with Dallas now and not us. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am hyped about the 2021 NFL Draft for the Falcons for the first time in ages. A chance to land one of the QBs really got be buzzed. I like Trey Lance the most for what we do and he will get a redshirt year too. Wow! Can't go wrong with Wilson, Fields, Lance, or Lawrence.