• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Must Eject This House?

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This is a strange story.   Not sure why this would keep him out of games even if there is some violation there. 

If she's one of the testers, she's probably wearing PPE during her duties as a tester, my guess is the visit to his room wasn't to do testing but rather a 'social' call without PPE. They probably aren't allowed to interact with the players in an off duty capacity.

Let's be frank....sounds like a booty call :spiteful:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If she's one of the testers, she's probably wearing PPE during her duties as a tester, my guess is the visit to his room wasn't to do testing but rather a 'social' call without PPE. They probably aren't allowed to interact with the players in an off duty capacity.

Let's be frank....sounds like a booty call :spiteful:

Definitely but i assume she's in the bubble too.   Maybe i just don't know the rules but i could see a fine or something but unless they think this somehow exposed him to the virus i'm not sure this rises to the level of missing games.   I should wait on the details though. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Definitely but i assume she's in the bubble too.   Maybe i just don't know the rules but i could see a fine or something but unless they think this somehow exposed him to the virus i'm not sure this rises to the level of missing games.   I should wait on the details though. 

She maybe in the bubble, but what are the rules regarding testers leaving the bubble or not. Disney employees can leave. Where does she fall? Are they being tested daily?

• Moderators

Ah that sucks.  I saw mention of Tyson Chandler being either involved or held out for a similar reason.   I hope it's nothing for his and his family's sake but can't imagine they sit him unless it's pretty clear.   

On another note I was surprised that Tyson Chandler is in the bubble. 

• Moderators
17 hours ago, macdaddy said:

So she didn't mention House but he's the one that's out?   Something is amiss.  

Although I don't have access to The Athletic's report from Shams, HoopsRumors summarized that...

When the woman was questioned by league security, she claimed to have contact with Tyson Chandler and another player (not House), sources tell The Athletic...

Although the woman didn’t implicate House and he has “vehemently denied” engaging in any improper conduct, the NBA says it has circumstantial evidence implicating House, per The Athletic’s report. The league’s investigation cleared Chandler on Wednesday and shifted its focus toward House, who has been in quarantine while the probe continues.

... so if the NBA gumshoes and the media "sources" are to be believed, the COVID staffer (or stiffer, as the case may be) was told by someone to implicate the elder-statesman Chandler and a non-House NBA player, if anybody asked her to justify her presence at the team hotel at that hour. If that someone was House, he'll find himself in an even bigger stew, for "crime-versus-cover-up" reasons.

~lw3

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Although I don't have access to The Athletic's report from Shams, HoopsRumors summarized that...

... so if the NBA gumshoes and the media "sources" are to be believed, the COVID staffer (or stiffer, as the case may be) was told by someone to implicate the elder-statesman Chandler and a non-House NBA player, if anybody asked her to justify her presence at the team hotel at that hour. If that someone was House, he'll find himself in an even bigger stew, for "crime-versus-cover-up" reasons.

~lw3

So covering up for Harden. :spiteful:

• Haha 1

• Moderators

For those of us playing at home, House is under guaranteed contracts through 2021-22 ($3.7 million plus $3.9 million).

There'll be bigger fish frying at Chez House, which is unfortunately in his home metro of Houston. But I do worry about his pro future IF (size 72 font) he was the one to coach his virtuous visitor to implicate other NBA players as cover for his personal proclivities. We'll know to worry about it if the next news pertains to an offseason buyout.

I imagine, worst-case scenario, had he owned up to it from the jump: he'd be looking at a max 10-day quarantine, probably simultaneous with a quiet suspension for flouting the Bubble rules. Before that timeout even concluded, he'd probably get to fly home with the team when the season wrapped up, and it's likely we'd never have heard about the, ummm, blow-by-blow.

~lw3