2020-2021 Season News and Notes


Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So what's ahead for us? A week of contact tracing isolation? Great.

Sounds like it, although the players sound hopeful they've been isolated enough from the staffer for now.

~lw3

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not 1920, bro. You didn’t have to be in Houston to see Westbrook play. 

I don't want to say that we should 100% win this game and losing it would be a travesty, but...

@BTRowland

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Sounds like it, although the players sound hopeful they've been isolated enough from the staffer for now.

~lw3

I don't understand the protocol. So is it just a matter if the staffer was close to a player(s)? Does it matter how close? How long? It all seems kinda arbitrary. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I don't understand the protocol. So is it just a matter if the staffer was close to a player(s)? Does it matter how close? How long? It all seems kinda arbitrary. 

Under CDC protocols, you should quarantine if you have been within 6 feet of the person for at least 15 minutes (or you touched them, etc.).  So if players were not that close for that long, they would not need to quarantine under the CDC guidelines.  Not sure if the NBA is taking a more conservative approach but that is how most employers are managing the contact tracing and quarantine protocol.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I don't understand the protocol. So is it just a matter if the staffer was close to a player(s)? Does it matter how close? How long? It all seems kinda arbitrary. 

Not sure whether it changed, but the pre-Bubble definition of "close contact" was (stealing from ESPN):

  • anyone who was within 6 feet of the positive-test person for at least 15 minutes and
  • anyone who had "direct contact with infectious secretions and excretions" (i,e., coughs, sneezes, etc., eww.)

Hopefully the staffer was limited in his interfacing and interactions, but I trust anyone on the plane within 6 feet of that person during the flight, or on the team bus for more than 15 minutes near the staffer, will be subject to the quarantine-and-testing process before being allowed to travel. Blessings to whoever has to keep track of such stuff.

~lw3

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Not sure whether it changed, but the pre-Bubble definition of "close contact" was (stealing from ESPN):

  • anyone who was within 6 feet of the positive-test person for at least 15 minutes and
  • anyone who had "direct contact with infectious secretions and excretions" (i,e., coughs, sneezes, etc., eww.)

Hopefully the staffer was limited in his interfacing and interactions, but I trust anyone on the plane within 6 feet of that person during the flight, or on the team bus for more than 15 minutes near the staffer, will be subject to the quarantine-and-testing process before being allowed to travel. Blessings to whoever has to keep track of such stuff.

~lw3

I'm sure it's nearly impossible to be completely exact with this stuff. Once a test comes back positive everyone is like "FFFUUUUCCCKKK!!" It's like a zombie apocalypse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm sure it's nearly impossible to be completely exact with this stuff. Once a test comes back positive everyone is like "FFFUUUUCCCKKK!!" It's like a zombie apocalypse.

Well at least they're trying..A lot of people wont even do that..

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not faulting them, but I'm not sure this is what the players want. 

What do they want?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

More freedom, less protocols.

It is the player’s union that matters.  Not always the same thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
12 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Very interesting.  Would love to have been a fly on the wall and seen how much of that was preferring the Nets package and how much was not wanting to send him to Philly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If the Hawks don't make the ECF and the Nets do,  I sure hope the Bucks whip these guys butts.  

Are we sure they're not trading Irving?  I know he and Durant are bff, but do we know that's not one of those situations where living with your bff just makes you aware how crazy they actually are IRL?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Are we sure they're not trading Irving?  I know he and Durant are bff, but do we know that's not one of those situations where living with your bff just makes you aware how crazy they actually are IRL?

I saw a tweet that Kyrie may not even wanna play the rest if the season.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AHF said:

Very interesting.  Would love to have been a fly on the wall and seen how much of that was preferring the Nets package and how much was not wanting to send him to Philly.

I suspect they wanted the draft picks. It maybe far away, but years down the road those picks will be very valuable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
20 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I suspect they wanted the draft picks. It maybe far away, but years down the road those picks will be very valuable. 

This is what Boston ended up with from their Brooklyn trade:

- 2014 first-round pick: James Young
- 2016 first-round pick: Jaylen Brown
- 2017 first-round pick: Jayson Tatum
- 2018 first-round pick: Used to acquire Kyrie Irving from Cavaliers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.