• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is what Boston ended up with from their Brooklyn trade:

- 2014 first-round pick: James Young
- 2016 first-round pick: Jaylen Brown
- 2017 first-round pick: Jayson Tatum
- 2018 first-round pick: Used to acquire Kyrie Irving from Cavaliers.

Got Brown and Tatum from that trade, unbelievable.

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Kyrie, smh.  He's such a wakadoodle

Per Shannon Sharpe:

Left Lebron so he could be Batman,   but now with Harden & KD,    he can't even be Robin...  he's probably Commissioner Gordon at best. :laugh1:

Now that he's going to third banana, he's really going to be distant now. This is going to an interesting test case for the league. Will the league actually allow an uninjured player to willfully not play? Brooklyn probably won't push too hard, hoping Kyrie snaps out of it. He's untradable at this point.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I saw a tweet that Kyrie may not even wanna play the rest if the season.

No one knows what is going on with Kyrie. He just left the team and hasn't told anyone anything. The team hasn't made any statements because they have to treat him with kid gloves so they don't hurt his feelings. 2021 NBA ya'll. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

No one knows what is going on with Kyrie. He just left the team and hasn't told anyone anything. The team hasn't made any statements because they have to treat him with kid gloves so they don't hurt his feelings. 2021 NBA ya'll. 

KD probably wishing he was on the Knicks now.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kyrie can always retire. During the bubble he said the players should start their own league. So go ahead Kyrie. Having a successful league is so easy after all. Just get players, general managers, coaches, trainers, negotiate a CBA, licence and schedule the venues, television contracts, easy peasy. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, kg01 said:

Not sure when was the last time I saw "Rocket" and "in great shape" in the same sentence when Harden's name was involved ...

Well, I guess I can't say he's not in shape.  "Round" is a shape.

Seriously, how shameful is that?  I don't care how bad you wanna leave.  Be professional.  That keg-belly is more likely to get you hurt than get you traded.

He obviously did this to himself in order to get out of Houston. Get fat and round to show his lack of interest in Houston, then rub it in the franchise face on the way out.

Before all of this I did not thing James Harden was this type of cat at all. I mean sure people hate his play, but I don't think I could have ever questioned his commitment.

Just goes to show

• Like 3

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Kyrie can always retire. During the bubble he said the players should start their own league. So go ahead Kyrie. Having a successful league is so easy after all. Just get players, general managers, coaches, trainers, negotiate a CBA, licence and schedule the venues, television contracts, easy peasy. 

Crazy part of this is how good NBA players have it... I'm 100% for player empowerment and I'm not suggesting they shouldn't continue to try to improve the league, the CBA, etc... BUT Kyrie is so far beyond the point of reasonability with stuff... like he has no appreciation for his situation and the NBA.  Football players get churned in and out of the league in a year or two, have non-guaranteed contracts that force them to play through injuries, have concussions and probably even worse, long term CTE/brain issues, etc.  Baseball is a fairly cush league as far as impact to your body but those dudes are playing double the amount of games, traveling CONSTANTLY, and they have a bunch of restrictions on what they can do outside of their jobs as players, lots of ways for teams to get out of paying them, etc.

I'm not suggesting the NBA is perfect by any means but the contracts are pretty much guaranteed regardless of how in shape you stay, how you play, if you get injured, if you want to show up in the news bad mouthing the NBA, talking backwards on social issues, etc.  NBA player effectively can do w/e they want and Kyrie is abusing this to find what the limit is while having a history of saying stuff like "starting a players league"... come on dude, you're already in a players league!! If I had a kid that's a super athletic freak, you better believe I'm teaching that boy to shoot and getting him on the court ASAP -- definitely not sending him to football camp lol

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Crazy part of this is how good NBA players have it... I'm 100% for player empowerment and I'm not suggesting they shouldn't continue to try to improve the league, the CBA, etc... BUT Kyrie is so far beyond the point of reasonability with stuff... like he has no appreciation for his situation and the NBA.  Football players get churned in and out of the league in a year or two, have non-guaranteed contracts that force them to play through injuries, have concussions and probably even worse, long term CTE/brain issues, etc.  Baseball is a fairly cush league as far as impact to your body but those dudes are playing double the amount of games, traveling CONSTANTLY, and they have a bunch of restrictions on what they can do outside of their jobs as players, lots of ways for teams to get out of paying them, etc.

I'm not suggesting the NBA is perfect by any means but the contracts are pretty much guaranteed regardless of how in shape you stay, how you play, if you get injured, if you want to show up in the news bad mouthing the NBA, talking backwards on social issues, etc.  NBA player effectively can do w/e they want and Kyrie is abusing this to find what the limit is while having a history of saying stuff like "starting a players league"... come on dude, you're already in a players league!! If I had a kid that's a super athletic freak, you better believe I'm teaching that boy to shoot and getting him on the court ASAP -- definitely not sending him to football camp lol

NBA players have it made, and they dont even know it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

He obviously did this to himself in order to get out of Houston. Get fat and round to show his lack of interest in Houston, then rub it in the franchise face on the way out.

Before all of this I did not thing James Harden was this type of cat at all. I mean sure people hate his play, but I don't think I could have ever questioned his commitment.

Just goes to show

His complete and utter lack of heart in the playoffs should have been a warning sign. 

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Today's NBA players were born on third base and they all think they hit a triple. Kyrie, Harden etc. are making the 40 millions on the back and sweat of Magic, Larry, Jordan, Shaq who build what the NBA is today. Kyrie and Harden have done absolutely ZERO to grow the popularity of this game but they feel entitled to make infinite money and play wherever they want, with whoever they want when they want. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yup, and in a time where we have record unemployment across the globe I can't think of anything less endearing than a bunch of 100 millionaires pouting and skipping work cause "my feelings". 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Just goes to show

Well, if you look deeper, he was always a selfish cat.  And one that didn't take the game seriously.

He plays every game so many look at that as commitment to 'the game'.  Well, in reality he plays every game so he can chase his stats.

People think he must be in shape to put up all those stats.  Well, in reality, he plays the laziest brand of basketball possible.  Don't play defense, only move on offense when you have the ball.

He's also a well-known partier off the court.  Everything in Houston, for the whole time he was there, was catered to making sure he got his numbers.  And, if they won, it was gonna be how he wanted to win.  That's what makes what he did particularly galling.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yup, and in a time where we have record unemployment across the globe I can't think of anything less endearing than a bunch of 100 millionaires pouting and skipping work cause "my feelings". 

I'm old school like you. There's a fine line between empowerment and entitlement. 

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Mo $ Mo problems..........

Gold diggers...Being away from loved ones...Shady accountants...Family members wanting $ all the time........etc....................... And some coaches/GM, can be a-holes just like regular bosses..lol...Trust me I know. I had a cousin in the NBA not long ago(now playing in Turkey), and I have a nephew in the NFL currently..Not as easy as you think..Money solves alot, but it also causes alot of problems.. They still have issues just like normal folk...Not to mention Kyrie is a little off..lol

• Haha 1