• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Wow.  Late december and i'll admit i was totally wrong.   I didn't think they would do anything before late january at the best.   It's going to be a wild season.

Christmas day is part of their prime real estate on the calendar. Also Olympics are in July. I think they trying to get back to business as usual in terms of scheduling, smart move in my opinion.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Wow.  Late december and i'll admit i was totally wrong.   I didn't think they would do anything before late january at the best.   It's going to be a wild season.

Money. money , money....and also if they want to get back to a a more regular season cycle for 2021.  and most people just don't do basketball in late summer.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Money. money , money....and also if they want to get back to a a more regular season cycle for 2021.  and most people just don't do basketball in late summer.

Those rock bottom ratings definitely put a scare in them. Silver even admitted they aren't going to highlight social justice issues as heavily this year.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

One thing I have seen from the NFL games is that there is a big difference between limited fans and no fans. Limited fans basically feels like a normal game. Even a couple thousand people can actually make quite bit of noise. No fans feels like you're on the surface of an alien planet 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

One thing I have seen from the NFL games is that there is a big difference between limited fans and no fans. Limited fans basically feels like a normal game. Even a couple thousand people can actually make quite bit of noise. No fans feels like you're on the surface of an alien planet 

Was that your experience when you visited the alien planet? I would like to know more :cute:...:tongue:

• Haha 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Was that your experience when you visited the alien planet? I would like to know more :cute:...:tongue:

The sky was an indescribable blood orange. Landscape is a barren rocky tundra. 2 suns and 4 moons are visible. Gravity is approximately 84% of earth's. Atmosphere is methane, oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen. Life forms are silicon based and respirate hydrogen. Primary liquid on the planet is ammonia, not water.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Easier to do outdoors than indoors but I'm sure they are looking at that option which is why they listed it as "limited/no fans".  TBD on fan participation.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is annoying.  They had 4 months off, played for 2months with NO Travel, now off for another 2 months.   Hawks didn't get to the bubble, 'Stars' didn't want them there.  Let them play sooner rather than later.

Maybe it's just a leverage play for more money.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is annoying.  They had 4 months off, played for 2months with NO Travel, now off for another 2 months.   Hawks didn't get to the bubble, 'Stars' didn't want them there.  Let them play sooner rather than later.

I don't call many things, or anything, right but i called this one.  I knew there was no way lebron was going back in december.  lakers, celtics and probably heat are going to be bitching up a storm.    Lebron needs 'recoup' time.

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

I don't call many things, or anything, right but i called this one.  I knew there was no way lebron was going back in december.  lakers, celtics and probably heat are going to be bitching up a storm.    Lebron needs 'recoup' time.

He can 'recoup' in Miami.

• Like 1