• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Thing is they have the tie breaker. So we actually have to finish with a better record.

Yeah I know..Hopefully LBJ comes back Tuesday, but I doubt it..

2/3 ain’t bad. The Heat got lucky they played Minny who should be trying to tank to be bottom 3 and a 14% chance at 1st overall. If they fall out of the top 3 it goes to the Warriors. Expecting Minny to drop the rest.

I think we also win a 3 way tiebreaker if we have same record as Knicks and Heat. Hawks hold division tiebreaker over the Heat and then division winners win 3 way tiebreakers.  

There is an amazing possibility that Hawks, Heat, Celtics, and Knicks all have the same record.  Which we should win that tiebreaker as well.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I think we also win a 3 way tiebreaker if we have same record as Knicks and Heat. Hawks hold division tiebreaker over the Heat and then division winners win 3 way tiebreakers.  

There is an amazing possibility that Hawks, Heat, Celtics, and Knicks all have the same record.  Which we should win that tiebreaker as well.  

Oh wow really? I thought we owned it over Celts and Heat but NOT Knicks. Not sure though.

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh wow really? I thought we owned it over Celts and Heat but NOT Knicks. Not sure though.

We don’t own the Knicks tiebreaker but Miami does. So I believe three-way tie goes to the division winner (us).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, High5 said:

We don’t own the Knicks tiebreaker but Miami does. So I believe three-way tie goes to the division winner (us).

You're right, that's a weird quirk but one that benefits us in that scenario as opposed to a 2 way tie with the Knicks 

http://www.espn.com/nba/playoffs/matchups

Edited by RedDawg#8

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Kawhi is having no effect on Randle either. 

Kawhi had plenty of effect on Randle.  When he went off Kawhi wasn't guarding him.  He didn't even go off just made three shots down the stretch and not one was over Kawhi.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Kawhi had plenty of effect on Randle.  When he went off Kawhi wasn't guarding him.  He didn't even go off just made three shots down the stretch and not one was over Kawhi.

Actually, the Clippers were double teaming him most of the game. But that freed up D.Rose, so pick your poison. 

14 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

That is some good news.  Really need that win and then a Miami loss to the Celtics on Tuesday would be nice. 

A win and a Boston loss would wrap up a top 6 seed I believe. Given we hold the tie break over Miami, I'm fine with that outcome. 

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Actually, the Clippers were double teaming him most of the game. But that freed up D.Rose, so pick your poison. 

Actually, this doesn't change the fact that you said Kawhi didn't have any effect on him and Randle maybe score a bucket when Kwahi was guarding him. 

Edited by marco102

12 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ol' Boy gets ejected for the nutshot.....

Man, that's... nuts🤓

I'm here all week.

Guy's gotta be careful.  Teetering between beloved and be-hated.

After viewing it for Luka to say it was unintentional is ridiculous. He looked first and struck a blow second. Loves him some luggage I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3