• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Games on YoutubeTV

Jody23

10 hours ago, Jody23 said:

@JayBirdHawk

Thanks for the update.  Smh, I have no idea what the owners of Fox Sports Regional Networks are doing.  This just makes no sense as they've been dropped by several platforms.

Yeah the only reason I haven’t switched from YouTube TV is because the season hasn’t started yet. Maybe by the time the season starts back up they would have renegotiated the contract if not I will be switching to AT&T NOW I guess smh...which isn’t better than YouTube TV to me but it is what it is 

• Like 1

Damn it.  I am currently using youtube tv but was just going to switch to hulu live + before the Hawks season started.  So much for that.  I REFUSE to give AT&T Now $80/month and I'm not going back in time to stupid cable and/or satellite.  

Soooo what are some recommended vpn providers and is it complicated to get it set up?

• Moderators
On 10/23/2020 at 9:58 AM, Eddielives said:

Damn it.  I am currently using youtube tv but was just going to switch to hulu live + before the Hawks season started.  So much for that.  I REFUSE to give AT&T Now $80/month and I'm not going back in time to stupid cable and/or satellite.  

Soooo what are some recommended vpn providers and is it complicated to get it set up?

i'll be doing that too so we can share notes.  If anyone has a good vpn setup to use for league pass please let us know!   This does really suck though.   

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2020 at 4:33 PM, macdaddy said:

i'll be doing that too so we can share notes.  If anyone has a good vpn setup to use for league pass please let us know!   This does really suck though.   

I use Surf shark if that helps.

Edited by HawksNWaffles

32 minutes ago, Dakin said:

Surf shark seems like the best deal. You’ve had success with League Pass?

When I used league pass, I didn't have any issues. Another thing I like about SurfShark is that there are no device limitations. You can use the VPN on as many devices as you would like 

Edited by HawksNWaffles

Definitely going to have to cancel Youtube TV if they don't have fox sports, as that was the reason I switched in the first place.  What the hell us up with Fox Sports local battling all the TV providers? 

Maybe I will try the VPN + League pass thing, but really don't want to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Definitely going to have to cancel Youtube TV if they don't have fox sports, as that was the reason I switched in the first place.  What the hell us up with Fox Sports local battling all the TV providers? 

Yeah.  I'm going to try to set it up soon.   I want to watch on my roku or firetv not on my computer though.   what i've learned is that some of the vpn providers have an app for Firetv that should work.  For Roku you'd need to setup a hotspot on your computer that is using the vpn and connect to that.   Or you can just hook your computer up to the tv but i hate not having a remote control for watching.  I'll keep you posted.   

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JTB said:

Doesn’t league pass block you if you’re local?

those of us who live in Georgia will not be able to use league pass for hawks games I don’t believe.

I think that's why you have to set up an out of market VPN.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, JTB said:

Doesn’t league pass block you if you’re local?

those of us who live in Georgia will not be able to use league pass for hawks games I don’t believe.

Yep.  I live in NC but my cable TV, which I no longer have, was headquartered in Georgia.  I got the royal run around until almost the end of the season.  Then they told me I didn't qualify.  I now have HULU.

:smug:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AtLaS said:

This is insane we may have to go the vpn + league pass just to watch a local pro basketball team!

🤦🏾‍♂️

• Like 3