• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What would......

Diesel

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

See previous thoughts here:

Aside from what Supe's guy said, It was reported that LaVine asked to be traded.   While he is not a defensive standout... I was wondering if Pierce could develop schemes that would allow him to fit with the team. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We are already designing a defense to surround Trae and to some extent Collins - adding another player that requires more defensive measures seems less than ideal.

The thing is that he is 6'6" which is ideal size to play beside Trae.   If you can find a person who can motivate and teach him to play defense... i.e. Fight through screens, play the pick and roll better... I think he becomes a good pairing with Trae's offensive skill set?

• Like 1

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The thing is that he is 6'6" which is ideal size to play beside Trae.   If you can find a person who can motivate and teach him to play defense... i.e. Fight through screens, play the pick and roll better... I think he becomes a good pairing with Trae's offensive skill set?

That is a big ask for a guy who wouldn't do that for Tom Thibodeau.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Diesel said:

He's going into his 7th year next season, not saying it can't be done, but............

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Like LP?

tenor.gif

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Even Lloyd had to laugh at that one!

EjpmPlYX0AAUhKt?format=jpg&name=medium

Want Trae to play better defense?  Reduce his expected minutes per game.  Right now the Hawks can't afford for him to fowl out.  Therefore his defense suffers.  That's why I want the Hawks to draft Haliburton.  Last season we know how bad things could get when Trae was off the floor.

Shorter minutes with a very good replacement.  To me, this would mean better defense.  He would get more rest and have less chance of fowling out.

Just my thinking....

:sun:

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Want Trae to play better defense?  Reduce his expected minutes per game.  Right now the Hawks can't afford for him to fowl out.  Therefore his defense suffers.  That's why I want the Hawks to draft Haliburton.  Last season we know how bad things could get when Trae was off the floor.

Shorter minutes with a very good replacement.  To me, this would mean better defense.  He would get more rest and have less chance of fowling out.

Just my thinking....

:sun:

Can we face reality and accept that Lloyd Pierce is not a defensive minded coach!  It just isn't a point of emphases for him.  Something he has readily admitted on numerous occasions. The Hawks will not play competitive defense collectively or individually until someone else is coaching the team.

20 hours ago, Diesel said:

What would the Hawks look like with Zach Lavine?

Like Trailblazers East.

He sold me on that epic battle that Trae and he had in the 2018 - 19 season in which the Bulls beat the Hawks in 4 OT.  Scoring is very easy for Lavine, and he can get his shot off against anybody.

The one thing about this league is that you need guys who can score the basketball, to win at a high level. And with the league putting a high emphasis on scoring PGs and wings, you need that firepower on your team.

Lavine can handle the ball and run the pick and roll. His vision is good enough that he can even play the point when need be.  

Yes, he's a below average defender, but his great offense is much higher than his poor defense.

Question is, who do you give up for Lavine?  Do you give up Capela?  Do you give up the #6 + Dedmon + future 1st?  Say that is the deal

• PG - Trae
  • G - Lavine
  • F - Reddish
  • C - Collins
  • C - Capela

To me, that's an instant playoff team that also has a chance to be top 5 in the East.  The problem, is that Collins, Lavine, and Trae will all command max or close to max contracts within the next 2 years. So if that's the trio you commit to, everyone else is expendable.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Would you pair Devin Booker with Trae?

Lavine is basically Booker-lite.

Why do you think Lavine has had multiple teams quit him while Phoenix will not even consider dealing Booker?