• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBC/Ringer - Hawks Looking to Trade Pick for Vet

AHF

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I don't think we should jugde Travis trades till now.

We just continue to give this guy a pass for Evan Turner or Damien Jones trades or Vince Carter resigning or  Jabari Parker signings or Chandler Parsons trades and this was just last year.  IF he gives up draft capital for a washed up Derozen who didn't take the Spurs anywhere then we know what kind of GM he really is.

hace 1 hora, Peoriabird dijo:

We just continue to give this guy a pass for Evan Turner or Damien Jones trades or Vince Carter resigning or  Jabari Parker signings or Chandler Parsons trades and this was just last year.  IF he gives up draft capital for a washed up Derozen who didn't take the Spurs anywhere then we know what kind of GM he really is.

Turner was brought to get rid of Bazemore, Jones for Spellman, Parker and Carter were vets on a transition... They wer not supposed to ve difference makers, just fillers. I agree the siginings worked worst than expected but they were just fillers. 

Now we are going to fill the team to start winning. We washed all those players for Dedmon, Capela, Teague and Skal that are real contributors. We will see how the offseason works, we nees to add a backup PG or 2, 2 wings and a big and those players are supposed to be contributors, we made clear we want to big now. Let's see how we do this offseason.

• Like 2

hace 1 hora, JayBirdHawk dijo:

Could not agree more, I don't want a 30 year old rental for one year. All in prospects for me are: Edwards, Ball, Wiseman, Okongwu, if any of those are available take him. Good prospects are Advija, Toppin, Hayes and Haliburton. Chose the pick between these 8 players if a cannot reject offer do not become available.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Its not about the board deciding on who should be a Hawk but rather the competence of the front office. I just haven't been impressed with Travis Schlenk thus far.  All of the report regarding his trade targets make no sense for this team.  He was gifted Capela but otherwise his trades have been garbage.  I'm worried!

"He was gifted Capela"..Stop it. Some fools actually  wanted him to trade a core piece for Drummond.If youre not gonna even give him credit for the Capela deal, you should just stop posting..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Jabari was a good signing. He only failed when he was asked to be a starter after Collins suspension..

Jones and Spellman is a wash....

VC was here for leadership. Show our young guys how to be pros.

Derozan trade is made up..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Moderators

I know i shouldn't even bring it up but i just don't understand the "Travis has sucked, team was garbage, why didn't LP take them to the playoffs"  position.  

Good news is this offseason is going to play out soon.   I'm thinking we are going to be be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Could not agree more, I don't want a 30 year old rental for one year. All in prospects for me are: Edwards, Ball, Wiseman, Okongwu, if any of those are available take him. Good prospects are Advija, Toppin, Hayes and Haliburton. Chose the pick between these 8 players if a cannot reject offer do not become available.

Im taking Okoro, Advija, Toppin, Hali, Okungwu, or Hayes over Edwards, Ball, or Wiseman.....

I may get fired for doing iti n the long run, but its just something about those 3 players I dont like.......Overhyped and risky being two of those things..lol 

I'm not opposed to it if we get good value in return. However, most mocks or trades I've seen have us trading for someone like DeRozan or another expiring contract. What's the point of giving up #6 for a 1 year rental who may or may not resign. If a deal's not there don't force it. Just keep the pick and fill out the roster with cheap options who can help the team win next year.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Gifted? Huh, how so? We didn't get Capela for free.

Yes gifted!  Houston was looking to get rid of Capela for stupid reasons like to improve Westbrook's play.  This Allowed the Hawks to under pay for Capela.  Y'all should send thank you card to the old Houston GM because I'm sure the new GM would not even think about making the same move.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Yes gifted!  Houston was looking to get rid of Capela for stupid reasons like to improve Westbrook's play.  This Allowed the Hawks to under pay for Capela.  Y'all should send thank you card to the old Houston GM because I'm sure the new GM would not even think about making the same move.

I agree with you that LP isn't impressing me as a HC but our GM so far has done a good job.

The big question we haven't seen yet is from the owners. Will they actually PAY someone to stay here? This JC extension is going to tell me a lot about how serious our ownership is about trying to win. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I will pass for this 1 year rental....again.  I'd be amenable to a pick swap of #6 for #13 and Jrue if he picks up his option.

The Atlanta Hawks are looking to move the sixth pick for some veteran leadership to help Trae Young win quicker. Holiday would be a perfect backcourt mate next to Young, especially considering Holiday feels much more comfortable as the guy off the ball. He would provide great defense and leadership. If the Hawks managed to throw the sixth pick, Dewayne Dedmon’s $13.3 million contract for next season (only $1 million guaranteed in ’21-22), and a future pick, that would be the start???? of a really good trade package for Holiday. It wouldn’t be about the Pelicans needing the sixth pick necessarily. They’re plenty young already. But it’s an asset to flip down the road as they try to navigate the small market existence with maximizing value all around.

https://theathletic.com/2162206/2020/10/29/nba-draft-questions-what-to-do-at-no-1-trade-jrue-holiday-and-more/

Anyone find it interesting that not only did Trae not sit with Lebron and AD at the Klutch workout, but that they were on opposite sides of the court too.

I like reading in to stuff like that.

Is it a respect thing? Or an ego thing? 
Im glad Trae wasnt all up their butts being buddy buddy, further proof he isn't worried about trying to join a super team or chase Lebron. He is able to be his own person

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Anyone find it interesting that not only did Trae not sit with Lebron and AD at the Klutch workout, but that they were on opposite sides of the court too.

Im glad Trae wasnt all up their butts being buddy buddy, further proof he isn't worried about trying to join a super team or chase Lebron. He is able to be his own person

Literal social distancing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/30/2020 at 6:37 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

They dapped each other up at the end though.  Trae seems to friendly with both Maxey and Edwards.  Edwards said Trae wanted him in Atl..