• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBC/Ringer - Hawks Looking to Trade Pick for Vet

AHF

15 hours ago, Diesel said:

How about this:

#6, Capella, Huerter, and Hunter for Bradley Beal. 

This let's Washington recoup something for Beal.  Something better than what LAL can offer.   Trae and Beal wants to win.   We'll see Brooklyn in the ECF. 

I think you're trying to match salaries here to make a deal work...but we are far enough under the cap we don't need to match.

Dedmon doesn't get this done because he's too expensive this year (unless Washington thinks they can flip him).

Capela is too much when coupled with the other players.

#6 + Huerter + Hunter would probably work but I'm not 100% sure I like the Beal fit. Don't get me wrong, I love the player but I'm not 100% sold on the fit between Cam + Trae.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Superstars need complimentary players to win.  Heck, even Lebron's Lakers sucked in the 2018 - 19 season.  Yes, Lebron missed a ton of games that season, but they still were only 28 - 27 with him in the lineup.

You team Trae - Beal - Collins together, and you have 3 legit 20 ppg scorers, with two of those that we know that can take over the game with their own offense.

If we're talking about competing at a high level, remember the formula for winning Championships in the NBA

• A Hall of Fame talent playing at or near peak level
  • An All-Star talent playing at or near peak level
  • A 3rd guy who has the ability to play at an All-Star level
  • A team that is top 10 in defense
  • A team that is top 10 in offense

You add Beal to the Hawks, while keeping Collins, you at least possess the ability to have 4 out of 5 of those elements.

Any deal that brings a talent like Bradley Beal to ATL, that doesn't give up John Collins, Hawks fans should be all over that.  

And if you truly believe the young players like Cam or Hunter are going to be real good, you can even consider giving up Collins instead of Capela.

This is chess, folks . . . not checkers.

This doesn't make any sense.  What superstar and star players are you comparing those 2 too?  Lebron and Wade?  Steph and Clay?  Beal was a terrible defender last year so I don't get that top ten defensive prediction.  People love ball hogs that do nothing else for some reason.  Just say no to Beal.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This doesn't make any sense.  Beal was a terrible defender last year so I don't get that top ten defensive prediction.  

I can help with that one!

If we're talking about competing at a high level, remember the formula for winning Championships in the NBA

• A Hall of Fame talent playing at or near peak level - TRAE
  • An All-Star talent playing at or near peak level - BEAL
  • A 3rd guy who has the ability to play at an All-Star level - JC
  • A team that is top 10 in defense
  • A team that is top 10 in offense

You add Beal to the Hawks, while keeping Collins, you at least possess the ability to have 4 out of 5 of those elements.

Defense is the one out of those 5 that he is saying we would still not have the ability to hit.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I can help with that one!

Defense is the one out of those 5 that he is saying we would still not have the ability to hit.

Who is the comparison cause like Horford is probably a HoF'er and Milsap was an allstar player and so was jeff Teague and Korver.  So are we trying to put together that kind of team?  Or we can go with Joe Johnson and Horford plus mike Bibby.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Who is the comparison cause like Horford is probably a HoF'er and Milsap was an allstar player and so was jeff Teague and Korver.  So are we trying to put together that kind of team?  Or we can go with Joe Johnson and Horford plus mike Bibby.

I'd read the HOF piece as an MVP-level player.  (If not an actual MVP, someone who is close).  Not sure Horford or JJ are ever HOFers but even if they get there they clearly aren't good enough to be in the class of player I think he is talking about (LeBron, Shaq, Duncan, Curry, etc.)

I think he is projecting Trae as a potential MVP candidate.

That is my projecting onto his framework, though, so take that with a big grain of salt.

• Like 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Also didn't we try that with Moses Malone, Reggie Theus, and Nique?

On this my take is that Moses was wayyy past his MVP-level play (he was years past his All-NBA play let alone MVP), Nique was never at that level, while Theus was 6 years and 3 teams past his last AS appearance.  Nique is the only one in his prime among that group.

Just as an aside, my biggest memory of Moses in Atlanta was him boosting that rebound total by grabbing his own misses.  He was still effective but it was in more of a workmanlike way at roughly 2/3 the production of his peak (31 points vs 20 points; 17 rebounds vs 11 rebounds; etc).

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Next year?

During the period in which these guys would play together.  Don't know if he thinks next year would be the case.  I wouldn't predict him to make that leap although I'd say two things:  (1) Trae would probably get some MVP votes if we won more games as long as he was putting up those numbers ala Luka's 4th place finish this year and (2) I didn't predict Trae would be starting an All-Star game last year.  He has come along faster than I even hoped for.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, AHF said:

During the period in which these guys would play together.  Don't know if he thinks next year would be the case.  I wouldn't predict him to make that leap although I'd say two things:  (1) Trae would probably get some MVP votes if we won more games as long as he was putting up those numbers ala Luka's 4th place finish this year and (2) I didn't predict Trae would be starting an All-Star game last year.  He has come along faster than I even hoped for.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think that Beal is a perennial all star.  And I don't think that he will improve going forward.

On 10/30/2020 at 6:37 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

Anyone find it interesting that not only did Trae not sit with Lebron and AD at the Klutch workout, but that they were on opposite sides of the court too.

I like reading in to stuff like that.

Is it a respect thing? Or an ego thing? 
Im glad Trae wasnt all up their butts being buddy buddy, further proof he isn't worried about trying to join a super team or chase Lebron. He is able to be his own person

yeah you know twitter would photoshop Trae in a Lakers jersey in a heartbeat

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Diesel said:

Do you know who Beal is?

He's a top 4 ppg guy in this league last year.    He's a very good defender.   

Bleacher Report Reveals The Worst NBA Defender At Every Position

image.png

Point Guard – Trae Young

Statistics: Minus-2.7 DBPM, Minus-4.66 DRPM, Minus-3.73 D-PIPM

Defensive Score: 3.0

Shooting Guard – Bradley Beal

Statistics: Minus-3.0 DBPM, Minus-3.69 DRPM, Minus-3.48 D-PIPM

Defensive Score: 2.0

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/02/20/bleacher-report-reveals-the-worst-nba-defender-at-every-position/

• Like 3

I never understood the obsession with making blockbuster video game like trades just to get a name. I'm sick of teams trading away their future after finally getting some decent young talent, just to get a name......and end up with nothing to show for it. The levels may be different but this reminds me of The Knicks finally getting some decent talent out of the draft, just to trade for Carmelo. Then have nothing to show for it. The Magic make the finals, then trade for Vince Carter for no reason. Nothing to show for it.

I understand that you don't win without taking chances but damn can we atleast see what we have first? This team needs quality vets and rotational pieces. Theres no need to swing for the fences just to get another all-star at this point. There's not one trade out there that's gonna magically leap frog us into championship contention overnight in my opinion. I'm in no rush to get back on that first round exit hamster wheel we were on for almost 10 years

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

The site wasn't working for me a couple days so I'm a little late.

Bradley Beal is not a good defender. I couldn't believe Diesel wrote that. He was in the position last year with them that they needed all his energy on offense and he didn't show much on defense.  He sounds a lot like a PG we have...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The site wasn't working for me a couple days so I'm a little late.

Bradley Beal is not a good defender. I couldn't believe Diesel wrote that. He was in the position last year with them that they needed all his energy on offense and he didn't show much on defense.  He sounds a lot like a PG we have...

Atleast our guy has the excuse of physical limitations.  Guys like Beal and KittyKat should be ashamed at how sorry they are on D.

Ok, that was a low blow.  Sorry, saffron. 🙃

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, kg01 said:

MIN isn't trading Towns.  Us casually discussing it is as insulting as fans on TWolve-squawk discussing trading picks for Trae.

Shame on you all.  Shame!  Stop doing that or you'll go blind.

Seriously though, if anything, they'll trade errythang to get KittyKat's bff Booker from PHX.  He's not asking out.  And, if he does, it'll take so much in assets the acquiring team essentially becomes the TWolves all over again.  No thanks, they sucks.

I agree with the article