• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I read where....

Diesel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

See what I just posted in your other thread. Collins > Ball, Edwards, Wiseman or Deni.  We would be hard pressed to trade him straight up for #1 more or less adding in #6.

Collins averages 20/10. Who in this draft can you guarantee is a 20/10 (or 20/8(apg))?

I would not even think about trading Collins, Trae or Reddish for the #1 overall pick.  I'd start thinking with Hunter, Huerter and Capela.

This is a draft of very high uncertainty.  Even if I knew an All-NBA player was in the mix (which could happen but isn't clear by any means), I'd not feel super confident that this player would go in the top 5 picks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I would not even think about trading Collins, Trae or Reddish for the #1 overall pick.  I'd start thinking with Hunter, Huerter and Capela.

This is a draft of very high uncertainty.  Even if I knew an All-NBA player was in the mix (which could happen but isn't clear by any means), I'd not feel super confident that this player would go in the top 5 picks.

Or that without traditional workout regimens for almost a year and without a summer league or pre season, that they would be ready to contribute on an NBA roster in 1 month following the draft

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Or that without traditional workout regimens for almost a year and without a summer league or pre season, that they would be ready to contribute on an NBA roster in 1 month following the draft

I’m fine with an All-NBA guy who takes time.  If they aren’t close to ready on opening night that doesn’t bother me at all if they’ll be stars in a couple years.  It is the lack of certainty around whether anyone will be a star and the challenge in identifying who that is which is the problem for me.  There is no AD, Duncan, Shaq, LeBron, etc who is an obvious star in the making.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I’m fine with an All-NBA guy who takes time.  If they aren’t close to ready on opening night that doesn’t bother me at all if they’ll be stars in a couple years.  It is the lack of certainty around whether anyone will be a star and the challenge in identifying who that is which is the problem for me.  There is no AD, Duncan, Shaq, LeBron, etc who is an obvious star in the making.

Me too under most circumstances. However I think that the make up of our roster, timeline, and circumstances surrounding Covid dont foster an environment for someone who needs long term development. If our core guys are who we think they are, and this rookie isn't good enough to unseat them now, they may never have another opportunity to do so, especially as we add outside talent. 
That's why Im not so high on keeping the pick. LP already said playing time will be earned this next year. He isn't going to give a guy guaranteed tria-by-fire minutes if its costing us games.  And one can only assume this is the mantra going forward. So, for me, unless its a no brainer type talent, which we all agree doesnt exist in this draft, then this pick is the likeliest of all of our drafts to be a let down, if not for anything other than lack of opportunity to prove himself. 
Whether its now or later, I see this pick being flipped for something rather than developing in to a franchise player.

Collins for #1 - - No way!  I wouldn't like it if we traded Bruno + #6 for #1.

I'm truly a homer.  True.  But, unless the #1 pick is a sure fire starter and potential all star, I'll pass.

Collins is already a starter, potential future all star and part of our core.  Don't want to mess that up.

:smug:

• Moderators
On 10/30/2020 at 2:25 PM, Diesel said:

We turned down #1 pick from Minnesota for Collins/#6?  

Do people think that the draft is this bad?

2 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Thread headlines like this should be banned. Or at least changed to reflect what it is about.

@Diesel is there a source where you read this?