• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on Okongwu?

gsuteke

• gsuteke changed the title to Thoughts on Okongwo?

Underwhelming lottery pick. Very safe and still unimpressive floor. Best case scenario he ends up like Bam Adebayo or Millsap. I didn’t care for this pick from Schlenk, but dude still has a solid resume so I’ll give the kid a chance

• Premium Member

From Vecenie (The Athletic):

Will be able to play switch coverages across the board with him, as long as you’re ready to help if he gets matched up with a lightning quick guard. Because of that, you can make a real case that he’ll be able to close games. Also good with drop coverages, as he’s good at using his strength and quickness to cut off angles toward the rim.

• Like 4

I wanted Gwu months ago, but the smokescreens had us drafting a backup PG which I did not like the idea of.

I mentally and emotionally moved on from us getting him and prepared for us to move the pick or get a Guard at 6.

I love the kids game. I love that we aren't putting all of our eggs on Capela being the lone defensive anchor in the middle. Solid roster building from that standpoint.

I do hate the news about his toe, as some have joked we may not see him for months the way we keep guys out on the mend.

Im ready for some Bball. Hopefully we fill out roster with vets in wings and backcourt.

• Like 3

Just now, EazyRoc said:

Definitely feels a void as the first big off the bench and ensures we don’t completely fall off the cliff defensively once Capela goes out.

I guess it just wasn’t sexy enough for me. Dude could eek out an All Defensive team appearance or two from what I’m reading on him.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I wanted Gwu months ago, but the smokescreens had us drafting a backup PG which I did not like the idea of.

I mentally and emotionally moved on from us getting him and prepared for us to move the pick or get a Guard at 6.

I love the kids game. I love that we aren't putting all of our eggs on Capela being the lone defensive anchor in the middle. Solid roster building from that standpoint.

I do hate the news about his toe, as some have joked we may not see him for months the way we keep guys out on the mend.

Im ready for some Bball. Hopefully we fill out roster with vets in wings and backcourt.

Avdija will haunt us. 

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I guess that’s a good way to look at it bc Capela isn’t necessarily an ironman 82 games a season type guy.