• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on Okongwu?

gsuteke

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If he's going to take Bruno's minutes, I want to see Okongwu alongside Collins or Capela.  Don't put that dude out there by himself with Solomon Hill at the 4.

I can't wait for Gallo to come back so we'll see less of Hill at the 4.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, Agent 0017 did make a token appearance in our last game.  We hope he has healed enough to take a spot in the regular rotation.  A couple of other injured Hawks have had their minute restrictions lifted and Hunter has had successful surgery.

Snell and Bog are expecting to be back after the all star break.  

Dallas and their all star PG is our next opponent.  Would be a nice time to win another one.  We didn't do anything last night but today we are in 7th place, replaced by the Charlotte team as they won.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

😃

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Well, Agent 0017 did make a token appearance in our last game.  We hope he has healed enough to take a spot in the regular rotation.  A couple of other injured Hawks have had their minute restrictions lifted and Hunter has had successful surgery.

Snell and Bog are expecting to be back after the all star break.  

Dallas and their all star PG is our next opponent.  Would be a nice time to win another one.  We didn't do anything last night but today we are in 7th place, replaced by the Charlotte team as they won.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

😃

Snell is already back Gramps.  I think you meant Hunter and Bogi back after the Allstar break.

• Thanks 1

Okongwu is going to be a star in the NBA by his third season.  I said it before he was drafted by Atlanta.  I liked his overall production as a freshman in college and his upside.  I feel like there is some untapped ability that he hasn't been able to show yet.  He will eventually be able to space the floor some.  His defense will be plus plus.  He's already shown the ability to be an efficient rim runner.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Okongwu is going to be a star in the NBA by his third season.  I said it before he was drafted by Atlanta.  I liked his overall production as a freshman in college and his upside.  I feel like there is some untapped ability that he hasn't been able to show yet.  He will eventually be able to space the floor some.  His defense will be plus plus.  He's already shown the ability to be an efficient rim runner.  

He’s got a long way to go size-wise to bring that to fruition, but other than that O agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Snell is already back Gramps.  I think you meant Hunter and Bogi back after the Allstar break.

Kris Dunn is still out.  Sorry about that.  I knew Snell had been hitting those threes!!

:cry:

• Like 1

What do I think of our own Agent 0017?  

Hard to think anything of him.  He doesn't play.  Hurt.  Really?  He had no summer league, no pre season and was slow to heal.  Apparently there is nothing we can do.  We have no G League team to send him to.  We really need him here.  OK.  But we don't need him to play.

Hawks are losing with him on the bench.  You say, we would lose worse if he played.  So what.  A loss is a loss is a loss.  Doesn't matter who plays.  Hawks have hit bottom.  The only direction is up.

:smug:

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 1:21 PM, KB21 said:

I really want to see more PnR finishing ability. He really looked good at it in college. Not sure why it's not translating. JC PnR finishing showed when he was a rookie to a degree

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

What do I think of our own Agent 0017?  

Hard to think anything of him.  He doesn't play.  Hurt.  Really?  He had no summer league, no pre season and was slow to heal.  Apparently there is nothing we can do.  We have no G League team to send him to.  We really need him here.  OK.  But we don't need him to play.

Hawks are losing with him on the bench.  You say, we would lose worse if he played.  So what.  A loss is a loss is a loss.  Doesn't matter who plays.  Hawks have hit bottom.  The only direction is up.

:smug:

He's a PF with no range. He's kinda hard to play. We are finally seeing that shooting touch. So I have a lot of hope for him

Edited by NBASupes

1 hour ago, BudBall said:

What is the deal with this kid? Do we have a a Mo Bamba bust situation on our hands where he is too bad to play?

Mo defensively was struggling as a rookie. Big O isn't. Big O is still a net neutral player for us which isn't bad but it's not good neither. 

• Like 1

Pierce is coaching for his job now. Translation, even if its a horrible match up the 11 year vet Gallinari is going to get the big man minutes off the bench. The main rotation has been Capela, Collins, Gallinari. Pierce is killing me with his small ball BS. I predicted at the beginning of the season he will live and die by it.

He got lucky with our hot start. That saved his ass for the first 20 games. I think the luck has played out now. Hunter is irreplaceable but Gallinari is not. He really needs to play more traditional at the center spot. Give Collins a rest at the five and try to develop Okongwu and Fernando,

Given that we are 3 and 7 over our last 10, I honestly don't see how getting off the small ball strategy will hurt.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Everyone plays small. Its all about when you do it.

Right now, closing games small is burning us over and over. 

O.O should get primary back up C minutes. Im good on Fernando unless OO is out.

It is disconcerting that he is not even getting minutes. The only other guy in the top 15 not getting minutes is Jalen Smith. 

• Like 1