• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on Okongwu?

gsuteke

He has two way potential. I didn't want to pick him because the Hawks already have Capela, but it makes sense to sure up the front court with our solid wing rotation.  

Travis is building a SKRONG defense around Trae. 

Still hurt we let Hayes go, but I'll get over when I see Okongwu's hopefully excellent defense.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He has two way potential. I didn't want to pick him because the Hawks already have Capela, but it makes sense to sure up the front court with our solid wing rotation.  

Travis is building a SKRONG defense around Trae. 

Still hurt we let Hayes go, but I'll get over when I see Okongwu's hopefully excellent defense.

This...it's all about Trae.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, bird_dirt said:

I like the pick a lot. Gives us some good depth, and I think he'll develop well over the years. He could be a solid long term player.

The only question I have is, how will Nique pronounce his name?

🤔

Oh, that is going to be fun...can't wait.  The chat will be live, we gonna be sipping every time Nique tries pronounce his name.:laugh1:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who should we take at #50?

Cash Considerations is traditionally popular pick for us in this range. 

In all seriousness, though, I'd really like to see the Hawks grab Immanuel Quickley. 

Edited by bird_dirt
  • Haha 4

• Premium Member

Okongwu was 3rd on my draft board behind Wiseman and Hayes.  Actually I struggled with whether to take him or Hayes.  Turns out they went back to back.  Y'all know I am big on bigs so I'm happy!  Never understood what posters saw in Hali.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Love the pick! It’s important in my opinion to build a good big man rotation. I understand all the small ball stuff but a strong big man rotation will take us a long way.

Other than that I love that this kid gets to learn and gel with Capela who’s not selfish in any kind of way! Clint is going to show this kid how it’s done every step of the way! 

when you think about it ...Trae, Huerter, Cam, or Hunter didn’t have someone to lead them by example in game, they didn’t have someone at their position  that COULD actually still play (with all due respect to the legend VC). VC was great but only on the mental side of the game for the most part which is important but I think young talents like we have need both . Clint will show and teach okongwu from the very start and that’s something I think we should all be more than excited about.

• Like 3