• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on Okongwu?

gsuteke

• Moderators

I’m excited to see him.  Would have leaned to add Hayes or Deni or Toppin but seems like a quality kid with a high floor and some upside.  If TS was locked on him, I’m thinking there is a very good reason.  Seems like a great culture fit with a strong work ethic as well.

Hoping the rumors that he is 6’7’’ turn out to be bogus. 

TS has my confidence so I’m pumped to watch him in a Hawks uniform.  This does make the minutes situation even harder to sort out if we signed Gallo as reported elsewhere.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gsuteke said:

Deni Avdija looks like a good pick at 6 just saying 

His free throw shooting was a huge red flag imo..We dont need another player who cant finish games because they cant hit their free throws..Just sayin..Not to mention if we get Hayward, where are the min for Deni?

• Like 1

Look im just gonna be honest with ya im a huge anime fan and grew up loving the show Big O.     The fact i can now yell   Big O  It's Showtime  whenever onyeka gets ready to go to work makes this a A+ pick for me im a pretty easy man to please XD

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Diesel said:

I'll be honest.  I'm pissed.   Doesn't this guy have a stress fracture?

We had Toppin, Halliburton, and Avdija.....   And we took Stress Fracture.  Why?  We didn't need another big. 

He hurt his toe. Good grief bro, toe injuries aren't chronic lol. 

3 hours ago, Threezus said:

Look im just gonna be honest with ya im a huge anime fan and grew up loving the show Big O.     The fact i can now yell   Big O  It's Showtime  whenever onyeka gets ready to go to work makes this a A+ pick for me im a pretty easy man to please XD

The Big O is always going to be the legend Oscar Robertson for me.  That'd be like us calling someone "The Glide" or "Chocolate Thunder" lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He hurt his toe. Good grief bro, toe injuries aren't chronic lol. 

He is overreacting BUT I will say, big men and foot/toe injuries do not have a good history of just being one-offs.

Those things tend to never go away completely. 

• Premium Member
Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

He is overreacting BUT I will say, big men and foot/toe injuries do not have a good history of just being one-offs.

Those things tend to never go away completely. 

It depends on the nature of the injury, considering dude is barely 6-9 if even that, I doubt it's some structural chronic thing. This isn't Yao or Oden who had massive frames that put stress on their joints. 

28 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I don't hate the pick but I don't love it either... We drafted Bruno last year who had a similar tape. If he keeps developing his midrange, he could be an asset. I will say that Capela is the best player for him to learn under.

Bruno wasn't anywhere near this good 

Edited by NBASupes

I really like this pick. Super athletic with hands.  He'll need to get his footwork perfected, but he's 19.  

For me, the lack of Hawks depth at the 4 was a huge problem for the team last year. I know PG is what get's the attention, but VC playing PF was a disaster.  We now have a guy who is mobile enough to actually guard mobile 4's in the league.  If his offense is rolling to the bucket right now, that should not be a problem, esp if he's going in for Collins.  

Great pick that fills a need with one of the guys that has the most upside in the draft. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I don't hate the pick but I don't love it either... We drafted Bruno last year who had a similar tape. If he keeps developing his midrange, he could be an asset. I will say that Capela is the best player for him to learn under.

Bruno fell for a reason, and he showed it last year. I remember a lot of people had us taking him with our 10th pick last year, boy were they wrong. 

This guy ain’t Bruno

• Like 1