• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In Shining Armor (Nathan Knight)

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

William & Mary’s Nathan Knight was named the Lou Henson Mid-Major Player of the Year by CollegeInsider.com and was named the Mid-Major Player of the Year by Basketball Times.

Knight averaged 20.7 points and 10.5 rebounds as a senior, when he was the Colonial Athletic Association Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year. In the CAA record books, he finished 13th in points (2,141) and rebounds (964) and ninth in blocks (221).

Knight slimmed down from 253 pounds, his weight as a W&M senior, to 245. He focused on improving his diet, avoiding sugar and milk, and overall body conditioning in preparation for Wednesday night’s NBA draft.

“The dieting has been huge for me,” said Knight, the CAA’s 2020 player of the year and defensive player of the year. He added that he tried to “use the diet as a weapon to transform [my] body. ... I lost a good amount of fat, and I just feel a lot lighter.”

This marked the second time Knight lost weight with the goal of improving his hoops status. He was 5-11 as a high school freshman in Syracuse, N.Y., and 6-7 as a junior. Knight continued to grow, became a well-regarded Division I prospect, and spent a postgraduate year at Kimball Union Academy in Meriden, N.H.

There, an undisciplined diet led to Knight’s weight increase to nearly 280 pounds. He wasn’t in good condition. Former W&M coach Tony Shaver asked Knight to commit to a body makeover, and focus on fitness, challenges Knight accepted.

~lw3

• Thanks 2

Wrote this about him in May

Nathan Knight, William and Mary
a mid-high floor, low ceiling. Highly productive big is a legit NBA prospect but does he have the prerequisites. What he does have is the BBIQ, offensive talent, and drive to improve. He's a boom or bust guy. If he booms, he could be an NBA rotational (7th-9th man) stud one day, if he bust, he could be a career journeyman in Europe.

• Like 3

I know, I know... Undrafted. Mid Major school... But tell me this... How TF isn't this dude better than Bruno immediately? 

He's taking dudes off the dribble from the 3 point line and finishing with either hand. 6'10" 253 coordinated lefty. Bruno better get his shit together or he's done LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He has a super rare skill set... Not sure how he slipped past so many teams.  He's an older prospect but he's fairly polished.  Very good shooting mechanics, strong handle for his size, high potential as a pick and roll or pop threat, solid build, 7'2" wingspan... I don't know what happened but I'm glad we have him. 

I mean he was taking dudes off the dribble, putting them in the blender and finishing through contact. Best 2 way prospect we've had.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TRW said:

Wow! This guy reminds me of Sam Perkins with a jump shot, athletic ability and handles. Of course, we know the real Sam Perkins was slow and unathletic.

The kid has bunnies too. Very quick second jump. Just trying to understand how this kid went undrafted. He seems to have a very good head on his shoulders. Hard worker. I'm confused lol 

Travis strikes again!  Draft miss by many becomes a Hawk!  College Park build looking great.  Dedmon gone.  Could Bruno be on the block?  He will be much better than last season, I believe.  Still, I would be wary.

😜

• Like 1

• AHF changed the title to In Shining Armor (Nathan Knight)
5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

His ceiling is Ivan Johnson, if he can put it all together.

Not as talented as Bruno though.

I don't know about Ivan. He clearly is nowhere near Bruno potential wise. I am hoping Brian Grant if he continues to improve long term wise. 

• Like 1