• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In Shining Armor (Nathan Knight)

lethalweapon3

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know about Ivan. He clearly is nowhere near Bruno potential wise. I am hoping Brian Grant if he continues to improve long term wise. 

Enlighten me then bro. Why is Bruno's ceiling so much higher than this dude? 

He's taller, longer, weighs 13 pounds more, similar lateral agility... One has a small forward level handle, pull up jumper, good shooting mechanics, really good motor. And the other may be able to jump higher and that's debatable...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

He's taller, longer, weighs 13 pounds more, similar lateral agility... One has a small forward level handle, pull up jumper, good shooting mechanics, really good motor. And the other may be able to jump higher and that's debatable...

Bruno is a tremendous natural talent. He is fast, agile, strong for his size, solid skill for his position. A lot of his failure last year had to do with how hard it is to adjust from college to the NBA for the center position, especially for a straight up 5 like Bruno. Bruno can be a starter in this league one day. A lot of what Bruno has to improve is the game slowing down for him, feeling comfortable, just your typical rookie to soph adjustment for most bigs who are raw. 

Knight isn't close to Bruno from a pure talent stance. Not even close. He has decent talent. His strengths are shooting and skill. I don't see the two as being close to each other. I see Bruno being a legit starter down the road. I see Knight being that stretch big down the road who has good size and is a solid rebounder. Basically Brian Grant but he has to continue to work and get better each and every day and the center position is HARD. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Man everyone forgetting what a personally crappy year it was Bruno and basically derailed his rookie year.   Let's not overreact.  The guy has a lot tools.  

Coach wasn't using him right either, but that's another discussion.  I'll let Peoria handle that . . lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know about Ivan. He clearly is nowhere near Bruno potential wise. I am hoping Brian Grant if he continues to improve long term wise. 

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bruno is a tremendous natural talent. He is fast, agile, strong for his size, solid skill for his position. A lot of his failure last year had to do with how hard it is to adjust from college to the NBA for the center position, especially for a straight up 5 like Bruno. Bruno can be a starter in this league one day. A lot of what Bruno has to improve is the game slowing down for him, feeling comfortable, just your typical rookie to soph adjustment for most bigs who are raw. 

Knight isn't close to Bruno from a pure talent stance. Not even close. He has decent talent. His strengths are shooting and skill. I don't see the two as being close to each other. I see Bruno being a legit starter down the road. I see Knight being that stretch big down the road who has good size and is a solid rebounder. Basically Brian Grant but he has to continue to work and get better each and every day and the center position is HARD. 

Let's agree to disagree. Let the best man stay on this roster

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Let's see him in the NBA instead of the CAA. Even the GLeague is a massive upgrade in quality of competition 

I agree. It's a huge talent leap. But when he got the opportunity to play power conference teams, he showed out. Dropped 30 and 8 on Oklahoma doing the same things he was doing vs these mid major guys. Not saying he's the best thing since sliced bread but saying he's better than Bruno isn't a stretch in my opinion. 

I didn't see much out of Bruno last year. When he had every ample opportunity to be a serious rotational big, he floundered. Was beat out by Damian jones on multiple occasions which is sad.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

I agree. It's a huge talent leap. But when he got the opportunity to play power conference teams, he showed out. Dropped 30 and 8 on Oklahoma doing the same things he was doing vs these mid major guys. Not saying he's the best thing since sliced bread but saying he's better than Bruno isn't a stretch in my opinion. 

I didn't see much out of Bruno last year. When he had every ample opportunity to be a serious rotational big, he floundered. Was beat out by Damian jones on multiple occasions which is sad.

Damian Jones was a 1st round pick unlike either one of these two. I don't believe you realize how hard the NBA for this position. Its extremely hard 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Damian Jones was a 1st round pick unlike either one of these two. I don't believe you realize how hard the NBA for this position. Its extremely hard 

Yea but I think you are putting a little too much value in draft position rather than talent level. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

The title is all @lethalweapon3.  I just merged the two threads and added Nathan Knight's name expressly to the thread title since we had a new starting because it was confusing to people whether there was a Knight thread.

As usual, all the cleverness is coming from lethal's corner.

I usually try to guess the subject matter of @lethalweapon3 threads based on the title :laugh1:...sometimes it's a headscratcher until you open it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Hawks forgotten big man. Nathan Knight.  True, he was signed as an undrafted player.  As we study his college career, we must wonder why he wasn't taken in the draft.  He seems to be big enough and good enough.  

I've read, "Hawks need another big."  We have another big.  Maybe I'm just asleep, dreaming that Nathan Knight is good enough to be NBA worthy.

Bruno had so much on him last season.  Remember, he was worried about his mother.  Then she died.  He had to go overseas to be with family, no easy thing.  He will be much improved this season.

Two big reasons to be excited about the center behind Capela, Bruno and Nathan....

:smug:

• Like 1

Why not be happy we got them both? Shlenk already said if he could have every player be 6'8/6'9 (The core 5 excluding Trae and 6'7/6'10 is close enough). Sounds like somebody else we knew had the right idea but just a little bit before his time lol

• Like 1