• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

These aren't real moves though.  They're similar to what we did last season.

We all knew that Jabari Parker and Evan Turner weren't going to do anything significant here.

No not really, those guys weren't in our plans. I dont know if Detroit will win, but at least they aren't going the tank route.

16 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

No not really, those guys weren't in our plans. I dont know if Detroit will win, but at least they aren't going the tank route.

Are you volunteering yourself to be the guy that keeps track of how long it takes for them to get back to the postseason?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, warcore said:

Why do the trade in the first place? They could have just waved Snell, who is owed less.

Because Dedmon, unlike Snell, is guaranteed a little bit of $ for the following season., too (I think it's a million or so). The stretch&waive rules are basically "you can spread the cap hit out 2 times the length of the contract plus one."

So, Snell's would have been 3 years @ ~$4M each, while Dedmon's will be 5 years, ~$3M each. That's my understanding, at least. (And I'm too tired to look up the actual $ amounts).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, warcore said:

Why do the trade in the first place? They could have just waved Snell, who is owed less.

Dedmons $14 million for the remaining 2yrs can be stretched over 5 years at  $2.8 million per.  Snells 1 year can only be stretched over 3 years at $4 mil per.  Less cost to the cap per year but for 2 extra years.  Seems counterintuitive, but Detroit loves to stretch, they just finally stopped paying Josh Smith.

• Thanks 1